Fog of War for mini-map

Have a suggestion or an idea for Life is Feudal: MMO ? Post it here!

Jezbelle
Alpha Tester

Fog of War for mini-map

Post by Jezbelle » 16 Oct 2014, 10:28

I think we could really do some fun stuff in the MMO simply by re-thinking how the mini-map works.

I think "traveling" and "adventuring" should be an intrinsic part of the game.

If we had a mini map that was not revealed, and instead used "fog of war", where it was all dark until your character actually walked there and discovered it, it would lend to some interesting adventures in-game, traveling through the uncharted lands and kingdoms.

Many of you are of the opinion that adventuring will already happen, but I would argue that many players are not as dedicated to RP as you. This would be a great added incentive to adventure. And you HAVE to admit that adventuring into "unknown" lands would be extremely fun, insist upon RP, and embody a truly medieval experience ;)

Wouldn't it be absolutely terrifying??!

images.jpeg

Unknown.jpeg

Troy0832
Beta Tester

Re: Fog of War for mini-map

Post by Troy0832 » 16 Oct 2014, 17:55

would allow there to be explorers that in turn can sell maps. be kind of cool, and i mean if i drew up map with fortfications and stuff coudl be out of date within a week... as I am exploring I have parchemant that you could click survey or somethign that adds details to the map... A cartographer skill possibly?

Jezbelle
Alpha Tester

Post by Jezbelle » 16 Oct 2014, 20:55

Troy0832 wrote:would allow there to be explorers that in turn can sell maps. be kind of cool, and i mean if i drew up map with fortfications and stuff coudl be out of date within a week...

Well, I think that the map, either discovered yourself or purchased, should only show you the settlements that were present at the time of the discovery. They should not magically evolve on the parchment; instead it would only update by traveling the land again. Which would not be hard, now that you know how to get there.

Troy0832
Beta Tester

Post by Troy0832 » 16 Oct 2014, 22:30

Yea thats what I meant, so if when i made the map there was a small keep there it would show up, but it may be gone (destroyed) or upgraded when u go there if the map is out of date( would need cartargopher to update). I dont think every building should show up only like big strongholds(higher cartogapher skill) lower skill u only get terrain? Be good for i get like 20 maps from a cartogapher in my village... go to another village adn hand the maps out to say come here for some more trade?

Dash
Alpha Tester

Post by Dash » 17 Oct 2014, 00:39

+1 GREAT idea!

this would really enhance the medieval-feel like you were saying and open up a whole new aspect of the game.

Return to Suggestions and Ideas