!FPS Issue Theory!

Have some feedback for Life is Feudal? Post it here!

Cobyrk

!FPS Issue Theory!

Post by Cobyrk » 24 Sep 2014, 01:59

Alright, so like many, I saw some game-play of LiF:YO and I didn't think twice to buy it. I would say I have an alright PC, but I having the same issue as a lot of other people. 30-40 fps when looking towards the ocean or beach, and then an immediate drop when looking inland to 5-15. I discovered something weird as I was trying to build a home on the beach, if you go into the "Observe" mode, no matter where you look, your fps will remain constant and smooth. That being said, maybe someone could figure out a way to change the distance away from your character? When you're in "Observe" mode, it zooms out a bunch so you can see everything, maybe there is an option in a file somewhere that can be changed to let it be that distance all the time. To all those who read this, let's get one thing clear. I know this game is not optimized yet, and I know it's in early access. I also know that the tree detail is what causes it, and that you know more than me. So please, keep those kinds of comments away. Thank you!

-Coby

Alfie
Alpha Tester

Re: !FPS Issue Theory!

Post by Alfie » 24 Sep 2014, 14:07

Cobyrk wrote:Alright, so like many, I saw some game-play of LiF:YO and I didn't think twice to buy it. I would say I have an alright PC, but I having the same issue as a lot of other people. 30-40 fps when looking towards the ocean or beach, and then an immediate drop when looking inland to 5-15. I discovered something weird as I was trying to build a home on the beach, if you go into the "Observe" mode, no matter where you look, your fps will remain constant and smooth. That being said, maybe someone could figure out a way to change the distance away from your character? When you're in "Observe" mode, it zooms out a bunch so you can see everything, maybe there is an option in a file somewhere that can be changed to let it be that distance all the time. To all those who read this, let's get one thing clear. I know this game is not optimized yet, and I know it's in early access. I also know that the tree detail is what causes it, and that you know more than me. So please, keep those kinds of comments away. Thank you!

-Coby

Sorry I may of misunderstood so apologise if I have.

Just wanted to ask if you'd adjusted the distance sliders in the video options? There's small objects, big objects and houses and huge/important objects and fortifications.

Plus object detail affects the player render distance (if under 2) as well as the actual object details. And you have grass rendering distance. Lighting quality is also an FPS hog.

If you've done / know all of that, I'm guessing you were on about the ability to only render the world in a 30 metre radius of the player or something along those lines (unfortunately I don't know a way to do that).

Out of curiosity, what are your specs? I have a 1GB ATI 6850 and I've had to really crank the settings down due to choppy frame rates, but a friend of mine with an equivalent Nvidia card (and CPU) is able to run on far higher settings at 60FPS.
Anquer Quare
www.Anquer-Quare.com | www.AQServers.com

Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names.
John F Kennedy
____________________________________________________________________________________________

Cobyrk

Re: !FPS Issue Theory!

Post by Cobyrk » 24 Sep 2014, 21:13

To answer your question, yes I have adjusted those settings, but I don't know if the rendering affects the fps that much, or maybe it's just me. I can't really say since I haven't been able to see a town or group of houses that needed to be rendered. I've put all the settings down to minimum and I still get the choppy fps when facing inland, but I've found that when you're about to start building and you look in the "Observe" mode, it doesn't matter what your settings are, high or low, it still gave me the same results (30-40 constant fps). That's what I was trying to say, as for my specs:

Intel HD Family Graphics (something like that)
1 TB HDD
8GB RAM
i7-4500U CPU 1.80GHz 2.40GHz

Return to Feedback Section