fps so low, i can't play.

Welcome to the Life is Feudal: MMO community! Here you can ask your basic starters questions.

Tricome

fps so low, i can't play.

Post by Tricome » 13 Oct 2014, 08:14

(sorry - my english is not very good)

i got =
Geforce gt640
intel i5-4460 cpu (3.20ghz)
8.00GB
windows 8 64bit

i am so dissapointet with this game :sorry:
everything is set to low in graphics ! everything !
i got 10 fps or so.. even tried download and tweak the prefs.cs file but that did not help me at all.

i overclocked my GPU with almost no resulst, now im gonna try my CPU next... i mean i run most game on high settnings without problems, this game looks like crap !? i was sure my computer could run it, and yea i know what a alpha is... but this game cost serious money for a alpha, and i want those money back if im not even able to play the game.

Its a god damn shame, im adminstartor on a scandinavic gaming forum, i got many who follow me - specialy around these types of games.. i dunno what to tell em, the game seems so god damn great (all the pictures and the mood) but the rest is really crap... i mean even the citys i stumpled uppon is just messy, a bed here, 10 dead horses there...... its a mess.

i wanna know if the devs are doing something to make this game more playable for people with low fps, or does that comes later ?

im just so sad i decided to throw my money after this game and not something else... i could have fun with another game right now lol, and not frustrated.

:cry:

Somerlot

Re: fps so low, i can't play.

Post by Somerlot » 13 Oct 2014, 08:23

Grusse, does your computer have Optimus from Nvidia?

There is a problem, the game does not turn on Nvidia so it uses the basic video processor.

Tricome

Post by Tricome » 13 Oct 2014, 08:35

thx for the quick respon, i don't have optimus no ? do i need it ?
i saw that in the options the game displays a HD radeon gpu driver of some kind, in the driver box.

i searched on the forum and saw many post of people claiming that it was nothing and just a typo

it would make perfect sense because its like the game is running on the stock gpu from the motherboard

Tricome

Post by Tricome » 13 Oct 2014, 08:39

btw i use Asus Gpu Tweak for OC
i testet again and recorded a video a will upload in a while.
i actually saw that i got 1-4 fps only.

Somerlot

Post by Somerlot » 13 Oct 2014, 09:01

No problem. No you dont need Optimus, it is something that comes with some laptops automatically.

Did you try disabling Shadows in the pref.cs?
$pref::Shadows::disable = "1"; //This is what disabled looks like.

It doesn't look as good but it runs much better for me with this and should raise the FPS some.
In the future I am sure they will make updates that will make the game operate better too.

My system specs are below and the game is playable but with FPS around (20~30)
System Manufacturer: Notebook
System Model: P375SM
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4700MQ CPU @ 2.40GHz
Memory: 16384MB RAM
Chip type: GeForce GTX 780M
Display Memory: 3748 MB
Dedicated Memory: 4027 MB

Tricome

Post by Tricome » 13 Oct 2014, 09:49

I don't got any lapbtop, i build my own pc just a couple of months ago.
i tried it and it gave me 2-3 fps, it helped a little but the game is still so stuttering (plus with everything turned down it just looks really really .. bad... like a 1999 game) i can't enjoy that !? even minecraft has its charms with all the pixelated stuff but this is just to much :(

i've searched for some time now, found at thread where a guy said i should go into Nvidia control panel and select the game manualy... did that nothing happent...

dunno if this info helps but i saw u posted it above soo......

Total avaiable graphics memory - 4096mb
dedicated video memory - 2048

maby its time to get a better gpu.......... but if i buy a nvidia gpu wiill it still be a problem !?.... damn it... this game makes me sad.

Tricome

Post by Tricome » 13 Oct 2014, 09:57

will a GeForce GTX 750TI- 2GB GDDR5-OC-DVI-HDMI-ASUS DX11
be good enough ?

Somerlot

Post by Somerlot » 13 Oct 2014, 10:02

I dont know what other people are playing with but I think an Intel i7 would benefit most. There is a lot of code runing for this game and could slow things down. I hope others might have some ideas about this too.

Tricome

Post by Tricome » 13 Oct 2014, 10:06

:( .. i just spend money on the i5....

is there a way i can just get my money back than ?
cus i will not be able to afford better cpu -and then not be able to play the game. and i will not wait 5-6 months or so for an update that makes it better. in so borred of these types of kickstarter kinda games :(

Tricome

Post by Tricome » 13 Oct 2014, 17:08

so.... i guess its back to this again huh ?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxX0H_8qq0k

its not new to me, i troved alot of money away on beta games and alpha's in my time, but i hope there is a fix soon or else i want a refund.

is it possible to get a refund ? and who to write for it ?

my friends always told me to download a illegal copy of the game before buying so i know if i want it or not, i always tought this was a bad idea but actualy i think i will advice the rest of the gaming community im a part of to do this first, so they don't throw money away on nothing like i did.

i mean sure the DEVS deserve money for making a good game, but not for beta ald alphas that dosnt work at all. thats sloopy work.

Dezinteres

Post by Dezinteres » 13 Oct 2014, 17:18

Try to play but not on your own server .That seems to help in my case .

Tricome

Post by Tricome » 13 Oct 2014, 20:56

i only played on other servers

Tricome

Post by Tricome » 14 Oct 2014, 08:37

i have now mailed the devs in hope for respond.
if they are not responding it is just like i tought it wut be.

i really hopes this turn out to be diffirent from many of the other kickstarter (we just wanna make some money) games out there.

Ontrose
Devoted Believer

Post by Ontrose » 14 Oct 2014, 16:38

Hello,

"i have now mailed the devs in hope for respond.
if they are not responding it is just like i tought it wut be."

Well, what time do you give them?
I'm pretty sure, they got much and more to do coding and stuff, so give them time, they have most likely hundrets of questions etc laying in their mail folders.

I know it sucks, if such a thing happens. I'm pretty sure, that making the game playable, with different computer setups got a rather high priority for the team, since it will give them a bad reputation in time, if they dont fix it. Loss of sales etc.

But on the other hand, i dont have a clue about coding and stuff, so i can only hardly imagine how much work such stuff is.

About refunds, you should try it with steam...
The thing is, Steam (and retailers, like kinguin and whatsoever), distribute the game.
And its their job to give back the money etc...
The problem i see in steampolitics is "as soon as the game started once, we dont give out refunds of any kind" thats what i got once...
Maybe you have more luck with them, but i dont think, the development of this game will stop in the near future ;) cos this game is like the "holy grail hidden in the nerdvana" ;) for medieval fans // Ultima Online fans like me, so plenty of support i guess =)

So just be relaxed and negotiate with steam about it or give the coders some more time ;) im pretty sure they are working on it.

Best regards,

Ontrose

Tricome

Post by Tricome » 14 Oct 2014, 17:25

actualy im quite impressed, the devs wrote me back in about 10-15 minuttes telling me it propaly was fixed ind this patch we just got.

and sure it was, my geforce was found in driver options ind the game and not the radeon hd something somehting ....

im sorry for the bitching, i can now run the game on high settnings and i don't even have to OC. i guess the i5 is a great cpu after all.
cheers.

Ckaboomboom

Post by Ckaboomboom » 15 Oct 2014, 00:14

Wait tricome, what did you do? I have a GeForce gt 640 and I get around 11 fps with my quad core, 16 GB RAM desktop

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 15 Oct 2014, 11:24

Some solution for low fps should be found in here: to-those-having-fps-issues-look-here-t2060/
For nvidia users here: video-card-issue-read-here-t3748/

Somerlot

Post by Somerlot » 15 Oct 2014, 20:14

Awesome! Glad to see this worked out for you!

Tricome

Post by Tricome » 17 Oct 2014, 23:07

the problem returned, i found out that on some servers is not a problem (and its not about ping) some servers from my own country runs worse than others far away.

after the patch it reconized my GPU, i startet up a game that ran nice with most grapichs on maximum.

after that is like 1 out of 10 servers that ran without problem, the rest godt lov FPS when looking in one direction.... its wired...

i hope it all will be fixed soon, i hope the devs will work more for us nvidia users - cus we are many out there. i will try some more fixes and stuff, and report if anything happens.

when i hit a bad server (right now i can't find any good) it dosnt matter what i do in graphics option, the only thing that helps a little bit is lower resoulotion and run in window mode, every other thing dosnt seem to matter, if i run in full window mode my gpu usage is on 100% all the time (checked with asus gpu tweak)

Jorlail

Post by Jorlail » 21 Oct 2014, 16:02

First post and possibly my last. I'm so pissed off right now. Just spent 40 bucks on a game where I get 10fps. Nvidia gtx760 OC, red and black 8350 amd clocked at 4ghz. 16 gb ddr3 ram. My machine can play ALL games on high and NONE of them get video lag compared to this. I want my damn money back.

If you want to charge 10 dollars for a kick starter that plays like shti, I will buy it. When you spend 40 bucks and the damn thing runs like this? You should be ashamed of yourselves for releasing this in it's current form.

I'm not sure If I should contact my attorney and just pay the money on principle. This is fking ridiculous. Last alpha/beta I ever pay for. Steam should shut this thing down,

Flashmek

Post by Flashmek » 22 Oct 2014, 14:46

this is an alpha, if your not prepared to wait through issues or contribute in any way to helping solve the problem you should not buy any other alpha game in development, it clearly states the game is in alpha, your paying to help progress the development for the game idea you enjoy.

this will inevitably lead to a finished product which if you paid to be apart of alpha you will automatically get.

you cant cry and moan for a refund when its clearly stated everywhere exactly what it is your spending your money on and for certain its not a completed game.

be cool im sure they will fix issues like this quickly enough, just be patient.

Ontrose
Devoted Believer

Post by Ontrose » 23 Oct 2014, 12:51

I dont get some pple here.
Sometimes i think a quarter of the gamers out there are simply imb*** ret***s....

Honestly, did you guys READ the alpha or went to the trouble to look into forums first?
The game( IN ALPHA STAGE) is out for what time now? 6 weeks or so?
I dont know what kind of experience you made so far, but this time is bringing out updates on a regular base, so why complain in THAT way? Again such crap with attornys?
Honestly its hard to not insult your intelligence and character every third word.

First off:
You have to complain to STEAM! they are distributing the product. IF and only IFFFFFFF they did not state that this is an ALPHA! (which they DID!) you might have a chance to get your money back.

Second:
Since they stated, that this is an alpha, live with the bugs and the framerate right now, or go try the stuff on the forum. I really doubt it, that you did ANY kind of research. maybe 30sec google, thats it.
There are different guides on how to improve FPS.

Third:
About lags related to server.
FFS! they are working on it. It's a known issue.
Most really spiky servers are either hosted on a private computer at someones home OR its just full of corpses/tree stumps/buildings, corpses, lootingbags and stuff.
Of coruse the performance drops, i mean its ALPHA! they are working on the code each day for hours but can one of you imagine what kind of work that is?
No, better complain and talk about sueing, attornys and such crap to demotivate the team.
Dont buy unfinished products, and the complain that its unfinished and partly broken.

The point on alpha releases is, to raise funds for further developing. So if you like a concept you INVEST money on a license for the finished product later on.
That they give you somethin half broken, so you can TRY stuff, report bugs, give feedback (and no, what you did was 95% crap and 5% feedback, on a thing most likely reportet hundrets of time already).

So instead of flaming or such crap, try to think BEFORE you invest money on such a thing called "alpha release".

General rules:

First think and then inform yourself and the last thing is acting...

Return to Newcomer Section