Furnace/Campfire Issues?

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.

Doxipunk

Furnace/Campfire Issues?

Post by Doxipunk » 14 Mar 2016, 17:14

:%) i am going insane over this , my furnace AND campfire use billets every second then just burn out , i made 290 billets put like 50 in the fire , they were used every second til the fire went out some i made singles some i left in stacks , either way i used up 50 in about 1 minute ...

then the furnace is 100% unuseable , it does THE SAME THING over 120+ billets , i finally got it to 1500 then added about 30 billets to keep it up , some in singles some in stacks and all it did was use billets every second , then just turned off ..

so im guessing this is a bug? .. how the hell do fix it? why is this game released when one of the main thigs in the game cannot be used , i serouisly CANT BUILD ANYTHING , .. im so mad right now , ive remade furnaces about 6 of them and they all do the same

also mmy firecamps and storage boxes are just disapearing with NO decay on , its off , OFF why are things disapearing? !?!?!?

anyone have any suggestions on howw to keep the furnace lit more then 5 seconds? .. i serousily have no idea what to do , everything on the internet isnt working ... singles , stacks ... sitting there like an asshole trying to rush to put billets in every second , once i try smelt it just goes out becuase i had to stop putting wood for 4 seconds

im so goddamn mad ,.. why would you put this UNFINISHED game out with these bugs? .. im 14 hours in and i cant even build anything everything i do causes bugs >.>

i just dont understand

Khan-
Zealous Believer

Re: Furnace/Campfire Issues?

Post by Khan- » 14 Mar 2016, 17:37

didn't you post on the steam forum ... ? remember a thing like that few days ago

are you on your own local server ? if yes, check the crafting period and it must be too low... shorter it is, faster it burn wood/coal
100% French speaking alliance of Royaume Franc : http://lifeisfeudal-fr.com/
Les Témoins de Mérovée Site - Forum - Me contacter

Doxipunk

Post by Doxipunk » 14 Mar 2016, 19:13

yeah i posted this on the fourms yesterday but got a bunch of troll responces ,

so i figured out that the crafting bar in th settings if you hav it on fastest crafting it uses wood every second , so i set it on 65 and now it seems to be working :)

so lesson learned DONT touch any settings :D

Jairone
True Believer

Post by Jairone » 15 Mar 2016, 01:14

Actually, you can change it, because it also affects other things (like how long it takes to make items.)
The thing is, if you set it too low you don't have time to react. However, set on normal you take a long time to do things like heat ore.

This is largely true with many other options too. I suggest when making a personal play space that you make many things go a little faster, especially if you aren't going to afk a character to make time move on.

I personally suggest crafting period at 30-40. Animal period at 50ish. Plant growth at 30-40.

What this does is allow it to take some time for your animals to overrun your buildings and wreck themselves, while speeding farm production a little and making crafting take a medium length of time.

You can experiment, but setting any of them very low will make things happen very quickly (for example, if you set plant growth to the minimum you see plants mature very quickly, but they rot in just a few minutes.) A slight alteration to these settings is beneficial... but making them as low as possible just leaves you with no time to work.

Azzerhoden
Alpha Tester

Post by Azzerhoden » 15 Mar 2016, 20:48

As was briefly mentioned already.
Don't use billets :no:

Use billets to make charcoal in a kiln, then burn the charcoal in place of the billets. :good:
| - Alpha Tester and Zealous Believer

Kingdom of Hyperion founding Duchy - A practical RP Community est. 1999 - Apply Today!

Cosimo
Zealous Believer

Post by Cosimo » 17 Mar 2016, 12:56

Would say that there are then 2 issues:

1- Your crafting time should be set higher (do not set it to 1, some servers have it at 60, I find 45 being confortable)

2- Use Coals.

Return to General Discussion