Game is Broken

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.

FlameRiot

Game is Broken

Post by FlameRiot » 17 Mar 2016, 00:44

Invisible Trees/Objects everywhere, make navigating the world IMPOSSIBLE. Now when trying to swim you instantly drown if your camera cursor falls below the horizon, even if you are butt naked with no items. Animals still are dying to inexplicable bugs/fast feeding rates that need to be maintained 2x a day. The developers need to play their patches before forcing them onto the public or at least allow an opt in option on steam. This game is turning into space engineers in terms of failure in development. The developers are not updating us of any news about the MMO, nor the features they promised us for the YO version (like animals pulling carts) Instead, we get game breaking patches, and no real information. This, imho killing your PR, game pop and interest in the game. You arent doing your russian players any favors either (yes i read the russian forum too. You are native russians, how do you ignore a third of your fanbase so blatantly?)

Devs need to either step it up or hire some marketing and PR managers. You guys charge 40 bucks for the game and with the number of copies sold, you bet your ass you should be able to afford it.

Nesterus

Re: Game is Broken

Post by Nesterus » 17 Mar 2016, 01:00

this is very much par for the course with this company, every patch breaks the game, and they take a good week to fix the issues, it is why nobody I know will play this game anymore, its a running joke

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 17 Mar 2016, 02:04

We are sorry that you are experiencing this issue. Some of the bugs do not appear during our internal tests. It would be very helpful if you'd take a moment to report this issue via mantis bugtracker (https://lifeisfeudal.com/mantis/bug_report_page.php) so we could properly investigate it.

As for the MMO, nothing has changed since the last time we talked about it. Closed beta tests are still scheduled for the end of the march, although some small delay is possible. And we are still working hard on the said voted feature.

Thank you for your patience and support.

Azzerhoden
Alpha Tester

Post by Azzerhoden » 17 Mar 2016, 03:45

Nesterus wrote:this is very much par for the course with this company, every patch breaks the game, and they take a good week to fix the issues, it is why nobody I know will play this game anymore, its a running joke

This is very much on par for the course of some players, every patch causes cries of woe and 'fau'-outrage. No matter how might time passes with quality game play, they whine and throw tantrums about how cruel the world is because a new release had some issues.
| - Alpha Tester and Zealous Believer

Kingdom of Hyperion founding Duchy - A practical RP Community est. 1999 - Apply Today!

Nesterus

Post by Nesterus » 17 Mar 2016, 06:17

No matter how hard you white knight or fanboy the writing is on the wall.

They have a strong track record of dropping the ball and releasing patches that usually cause dedicated servers to have severe problems which result in the exodus of admins and players

this game has been nothing but a paid test for their mmo, it wasnt meant to be a real game just a placeholder, most gamers have realized this and moved on

TL:DR - fanboy more

Cosimo
Zealous Believer

Post by Cosimo » 17 Mar 2016, 09:50

Last patch actually was fairly good IMHO, finally the sky flickering has stopped. The issue I heard so far are from servers that have MODs that crashed their Mods, but that is to be expected also my local mods to make inventory/chest/bags larger got wiped.

It is getting more stable and it is reassuring that the release cycle seem to be 1 patch a month. Content wise this one was weak, but I am hoping the April patch will bring added content for the players.

The game is still in developement, when you purchase the game you knew that was the case. Servers do not require a monthly charge to play nor there are caps that you need real money to overcome, so as far as I see yes we do some "Beta" testing for the game, but still it is fully playable.

Konrad-II

Post by Konrad-II » 17 Mar 2016, 11:13

No Problems not fixed!
Sky Flickers always ATI 290X 8GB

Azzerhoden
Alpha Tester

Post by Azzerhoden » 17 Mar 2016, 15:17

Nesterus wrote:No matter how hard you white knight or fanboy the writing is on the wall.

They have a strong track record of dropping the ball and releasing patches that usually cause dedicated servers to have severe problems which result in the exodus of admins and players

this game has been nothing but a paid test for their mmo, it wasnt meant to be a real game just a placeholder, most gamers have realized this and moved on

TL:DR - fanboy more

I am a fan.

I also work for a software company in the real world (which pays me a hefty salary) and develop code on the side, and anyone who doesn't think bugs slip through QA (no matter how much testing has taken place) is an idiot.

Most bugs enter the released product through the merging of older code (usually through older builds) with new features. This plagues all software development today and is why there is an entire industry around source code control.

That aside - this patch fixed several things not listed in the patch notes - such as skill gain when riding mounts, and the new features added are a huge plus. I LOVE seeing what my herbs make by hovering the mouse over them.

So, I will continue being a fan. I have had some folks decide that they are not interested in playing in the MMO as the game does not meet their preference of play style. Most though (as in 95%) are waiting for the MMO. Their biggest issue is wanting to spend too much time in the game when the results will not be applied to the MMO.

You should go spray your hate spittle somewhere else.

Kingdom of Hyperion founding Duchy - A practical RP Community est. 1999 - Apply Today!

Stormsblade
Alpha Tester

Post by Stormsblade » 17 Mar 2016, 16:41

Azzerhoden is right on this one.

For a small game design studio, Bitbox has had remarkably good communications, patch response time, and dare I say QA (even though there are some bugs).

Resources aren't unlimited, and what Bobik & co have done with what they have to work with continues to exceed my expectations.

Nesterus

Post by Nesterus » 17 Mar 2016, 19:38

People like you are what is wrong with society now Azzerhoden, I can respect the Life is Feudal team for letting me have my opinions, they realize that I am a passionate customer who actually cares about the game enough to hold them responsible for what we see as problems, (even if our opinions are considered wrong or upopular)

For you to sit here and insult people and call their speech "hate" really just makes yourself look smaller in comparison.

I pity those who think that they can silence opposition by calling everything they say "hatred", its intellectually weak, and really is just an exercise in sidestepping facts in favor of emotion.

Azzerhoden
Alpha Tester

Post by Azzerhoden » 18 Mar 2016, 00:33

Nesterus wrote:People like you are what is wrong with society now Azzerhoden, I can respect the Life is Feudal team for letting me have my opinions, they realize that I am a passionate customer who actually cares about the game enough to hold them responsible for what we see as problems, (even if our opinions are considered wrong or upopular)

For you to sit here and insult people and call their speech "hate" really just makes yourself look smaller in comparison.

I pity those who think that they can silence opposition by calling everything they say "hatred", its intellectually weak, and really is just an exercise in sidestepping facts in favor of emotion.

Says the person who attempted to discredit my viewpoint with a 'fanboy' insult.

Also, as someone who is self-described as a 'passionate customer', writing
this is very much par for the course with this company, every patch breaks the game, and they take a good week to fix the issues, it is why nobody I know will play this game anymore, its a running joke
is a really bizarre way of showing it.

But hey, don't let my use of your own words against your arguments slow you down! Keep trying to insult me. Please.

I find it amusing. :lol:

Nesterus

Post by Nesterus » 18 Mar 2016, 03:23

You never disputed a single one of my arguments that are proven with facts and with bug reports, all you did was attack me (not the argument) by calling me a whiner, a typical knee jerk response associated with "fanboy-ism".

You then proceeded to double down on full fanboy by asserting that your position was superior simply because you "get a hefty salary" for a software company, and you write code on the side( LiF sock account?) you then made my point for me by saying how they pretty much could mitigate this by running a pre-release beta on steam to "test" their content before they fully merged it in breaking their servers in the process and driving their playerbase away.

Learn to understand what constructive criticism is, I know you are probably one of those echo chamber guys who refuses to be around anyone who has any kind of opinions that run different than yours, but one day you will understand why you are stuck where you are and others got a little further. (variety is the spice of life)

Azzerhoden
Alpha Tester

Post by Azzerhoden » 18 Mar 2016, 05:44

ROFLMAO

For the record, the definition of Constructive Criticism:
Constructive criticism is the process of offering valid and well-reasoned opinions about the work of others, usually involving both positive and negative comments, in a friendly manner rather than an oppositional one. The purpose of 'constructive criticism is to improve the outcome.

Please enlighten us as to how your original post
Nesterus wrote:this is very much par for the course with this company, every patch breaks the game, and they take a good week to fix the issues, it is why nobody I know will play this game anymore, its a running joke
could, in any way shape of form, be construed as an attempt to improve the outcome of this game. Perhaps you have been constructive by providing bug reports to the developers through Mantis? Especially since you are the one to bring up the reporting of bugs?

Nesterus wrote:You never disputed a single one of my arguments that are proven with facts and with bug reports

Hmmm. I applied a query and found you submitted one issue, just over a month ago. For the record, I've submitted 38. Certainly not as many as some other members of this game, but enough to know what's game breaking, and what isn't.

Your one issue was your client repeatedly receiving a timeout message on one of your systems, while it worked on another. I suppose that's fair though, since you've only had an account here for about a month. Certainly long enough to make you an expert on all the releases that have happened over the last year and a half.

FYI, that last sentence was sarcasm.

As for the rest of your post... even more LOL. It's so ridicules and over the top that I'm just going to let the absurdness sit out there and speak for itself. I have included some links to a couple definitions though, to help you with your next post since you had trouble with the meaning of 'constructive criticism'.

Diablillo

Post by Diablillo » 18 Mar 2016, 08:42

At really in my opinion. Wee need more larges stable sesions. We apreciate patches. The problem are in every pach incusive the ones to solve isues some game mecanic is broken and game stay broken so much time. Wen the hot fix arrives. So much time ago. You can play 1 or 2 weeks until the game break again. This is comprensive if you get a huge update whith alot of new content. But is so much anoinh wen yoi get a pach with so weak content and you have to deal with database corruptions and servers Wipe or Roll Back. Or simply a long period of time were you cant use some important game mecanicm like grow. Harvesting trees. Or use tools.

We apreciate this small team. But we apreciate some solid pach launches. Or minimum a fast hot fix reaction.

Laertes
Devoted Believer

Post by Laertes » 18 Mar 2016, 10:16

Azzerhoden wrote: ... anyone who doesn't think bugs slip through QA (no matter how much testing has taken place) is an ....

For most cases I´m with you. A program wich is as complex as LiF can never become 100% tested in time. But don´t tell me that a patch which destoys Basics like crop-/tree growing was tested at all.

Last patch mostly looks fine to me too. Game IS playable, but it is still not a game for impatient people. That´s why I like it. :D

Azzerhoden
Alpha Tester

Post by Azzerhoden » 18 Mar 2016, 15:25

Laertes wrote:
Azzerhoden wrote: ... anyone who doesn't think bugs slip through QA (no matter how much testing has taken place) is an ....

For most cases I´m with you. A program wich is as complex as LiF can never become 100% tested in time. But don´t tell me that a patch which destoys Basics like crop-/tree growing was tested at all.

Last patch mostly looks fine to me too. Game IS playable, but it is still not a game for impatient people. That´s why I like it. :D

The busted crops patch was extremely frustrating and was definitely a black-eye on the company. Most people blame the testing department but often testing cycles get cut when delivery dates slip. Don't know if that is the case here, but even if not there is seldom any time to do extensive regression testing, so only code that was thought to have changed gets tested. Most highly regulated companies (Banking, Insurance, Defense) have very expensive ALM tools to ensure this doesn't happen.

Anyhow, for an example of a truly 'busted' release I will point to what happened to the Knight Capital Group. Imagine losing that kind of money, that fast.

Nesterus

Post by Nesterus » 18 Mar 2016, 16:10

after a while its not even fun because you just dont have anything new to say, you have yet to dispute my position you are just metaphorically sticking your fingers in your ears and crying nuh uh na na na na boo boo.

You still are attacking "me" and not my argument, which is still that the game isnt being properly tested, you guys are so quick to excuse a company for being shoddy instead of holding them up to reliable realistic standards.

Look at a game like ARK, tested and updated all the time and things arent nearly as broken hardly ever, the bottom line is some companies can do it right and others have to struggle to get it right, and there will always be some nuthugging little scrub who thinks everything they say on the internet is gospel.

You are just looking for a greenlight to shit on someone

EDIT: oh it doesnt matter if I bought the game on release or not, it doesnt matter if I have hosted 2 separate servers with 15-20 people that got abandoned eventually due to bugs and people losing interest, it doesnt matter that I have bought at least 4 copies of the game to give out to friends, (at full price nonetheless)

you have no clue how I support this game, you are just one of those guys that feels the urge to say something negative everytime you think you can, really indicative of your position in real life.

edit2: look all over the forums and you will see signs of me being right, people are fed up with the way things are handled, and we can be ignored and the game can suffer or they can take heed and fix the methodology they use, it will only help

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 18 Mar 2016, 16:41

Please, keep the discussion civilized, otherwise warnings will be issued to both parties and thread will be locked. Thank you.

Wllstrt75
Zealous Believer

Post by Wllstrt75 » 19 Mar 2016, 07:24

Nes.....

Your argument was the company was shite basically, thats an opinion and hard to say or prove factually. Its all based on personal preferences. You stated it was construvtive and azzer proved you wrong.

Not sure why you are trying to continue a debate about an opinion, that you tried to say was constructive but in no way shape or form was.

And for the record most people I know who have bought and played the game are not pkaying now for one reason.... They are waiting for the MMO.

A more constructive look at the issue would be looking into if the issue is related to modded servers or not, or if a particular hosting company is having issues vs others.

It is a very detailed process when your dealing with gaming code, different hosting companies, possible modded files and new code introduced with old code. There will always be bugs, even ARK has bugs, yes they may be more efficient but you have no idea what the difference between the companies are or their processes.

All in all this company takes their time, always has, and most are okay with it and patient, aparently more so than you.

To each his own right.

Return to General Discussion