Gatehouse Whitelist and lockpicking...

Have a suggestion or an idea for Life is Feudal: MMO ? Post it here!

Roadwolf

Gatehouse Whitelist and lockpicking...

Post by Roadwolf » 10 Oct 2014, 18:51

I had an idea which might be easy enough to implement. Allow people to request access to a gatehouse by right clicking on it, and selecting a request access action. Their name then shows up in a list, and the owner may authorize or simply just ignore their name.

I also was thinking that perhaps the time the gatehouse is owned maybe can double each time the claim command is used by the same person, so long as 75% of the timer has previously run out? Maybe up to a max of 72 hours.

In addition to this, perhaps allow people to earn a skill for lockpicking, or something similar, which will allow them to force a gatehouse. However the action takes something like 10 minutes, during which they are completely vulnerable to attack, marked as a criminal, and have their inventory available to any passer-by. Attacking a lockpicker preforming a lockpick would result in an alignment boost of 10 points for a good deed in stopping a crime. That action also alerts everyone authorized for that gate, and the gate owner, whoever is online, that someone is tampering with their gate. IF SUCCESSFUL: This also resets the owner of the gatehouse to no one. However it also locks out anyone else except someone who was on the authorized list from reclaiming it within 6 hours.

On that note, the ability to customize names for gatehouses, and buildings would be awesome, but I imagine that is already coming down the road.

Just an idea... Keep up the amazing work.

Sparky

Re: Gatehouse Whitelist and lockpicking...

Post by Sparky » 10 Oct 2014, 19:04

+1, because it's a well needed thing in the game and Roadwolf's server is the best
Last edited by Sparky on 10 Oct 2014, 21:11, edited 1 time in total.

Roadwolf

Post by Roadwolf » 10 Oct 2014, 21:00

^.^

Lance had an idea to expand on the lockpicking... perhaps you would need a group of 10 people or so to force a gate. As it would take many people to lift it.

And... ahem.. Thanks?

Viik

Post by Viik » 11 Oct 2014, 13:10

Typical gate didn't had any locks which you could pick. It would be nice if the make it in such a way that you can open/close gate only from inside. M&B made it right, you have to fight your way throughout the walls to get into gatehouse and open gate. Don't turn it into a Wurm mechanics where someone could pickpocket on a castle gate.

Sparky

Post by Sparky » 11 Oct 2014, 14:09

Viik wrote:Typical gate didn't had any locks which you could pick. It would be nice if the make it in such a way that you can open/close gate only from inside. M&B made it right, you have to fight your way throughout the walls to get into gatehouse and open gate. Don't turn it into a Wurm mechanics where someone could pickpocket on a castle gate.

Imagine a scenario, when pretty much everyone in your village/town leaves out to do something. Whos going to close it & how are you going to get it open again?

I mean I understand it would be realistic and such, but we don't wanna make this game a medieval simulator.

Viik

Post by Viik » 11 Oct 2014, 15:00

Most of the time you would teleport back. I like this mechanic more from a perspective of cities in MMO, where you would have guards and etc.

Sparky

Post by Sparky » 11 Oct 2014, 16:45

ImpireDanald wrote:
Sparky wrote:
Viik wrote:Typical gate didn't had any locks which you could pick. It would be nice if the make it in such a way that you can open/close gate only from inside. M&B made it right, you have to fight your way throughout the walls to get into gatehouse and open gate. Don't turn it into a Wurm mechanics where someone could pickpocket on a castle gate.

Imagine a scenario, when pretty much everyone in your village/town leaves out to do something. Whos going to close it & how are you going to get it open again?

I mean I understand it would be realistic and such, but we don't wanna make this game a medieval simulator.

Isnt that the point of the game in the first place? :shock:

Yeah, kinda. But would you like to sit at your town doing nothing while your friends are out fighting ?

Madrocks

Post by Madrocks » 13 Oct 2014, 13:04

eyyyy +1

VindicteMortis
True Believer

Post by VindicteMortis » 13 Oct 2014, 14:20

The devs said they won't ever implement a feature where you can interact significantly with another player or group of players while they're offline. Such as taking over and seizing their assets.

Lockpicking falls into that category.

Viik

Post by Viik » 13 Oct 2014, 14:58

Sparky wrote:
ImpireDanald wrote:
Sparky wrote:Imagine a scenario, when pretty much everyone in your village/town leaves out to do something. Whos going to close it & how are you going to get it open again?

Isnt that the point of the game in the first place? :shock:

Yeah, kinda. But would you like to sit at your town doing nothing while your friends are out fighting ?
You played Wurm, right? Do you remember how people would break a lock and replace it with their own just to f... with you :D And next day you would be asking potentially one of them to break those locks for you.
Right now, the way gate work is like opening mechanism is somehow behind the locked doors (that's why you need locks). Which prevents your enemy from opening the gate in principal. I don't understand how siege mechanics would work in this case.

Return to Suggestions and Ideas