Give us/ will we get a proper PVP patch before the MMO??

Have some feedback for Life is Feudal? Post it here!

Baronandy

Give us/ will we get a proper PVP patch before the MMO??

Post by Baronandy » 15 Jun 2015, 08:27

here my list of recommendations i think are important

as a chivalery player i can only tell i love if the games are a bit more advanced if you have chance to fight even a 1 vs 2 and win if you are good

what i would like to see

change it to a similar stamina management system like in chivalery it is well considered !!! you can win a 2 vs 1 easy if you are skilled

a hit should interrupt your sprinting and you are forced to resprint especially if you want to use "dancing", this resprint should consume a fixed ammount of stamina once for starting the sprint and not over time. depending how havy your armor is it will consume a different ammount of stamina for starting the sprint.

add a faster counter hit after a parry or an optional fast kick . if you get ganked and you are blocking properly it should increase your chance to be able to win a 1 vs 2 if you are skilled.

add a blocking system that works in an mmo which is skillbased !!!!!
a mix between chivalery and mortal online blocking mechanics would be nice.

-charged hits should do more damage . and on the other hand the opponent have more time to see from which direction the opponent is charging the strike and have more time to react and see if you have to block right left or mid

maybe make blocking directional and not aiming based like in chivalery !
maybe it work in an mmo but i dont think so

make
strave Mouse left + RMT = leftt block for 1,5 second
strave Mouse right + RMT = right block for 1,5 second
alt + RMT = Mid block can be hold steady

make left and right swings "chargeable attacks" (which do more damage charged)

and overhead and stebs surprising fast attacks "1 click moves" like in chivalery in which can be comboed into after a swing
"one click moves" are a fluid animation of charging your weapon +the actual swing in one single animation on your mouse scrool up and down for steb and overhead

Khan-
Zealous Believer

Re: Give us/ will we get a proper PVP patch before the MMO?

Post by Khan- » 15 Jun 2015, 09:45

mmo will be there in more than a year, so, yep i hope too... they have enough time to rethink it
100% French speaking alliance of Royaume Franc : http://lifeisfeudal-fr.com/
Les Témoins de Mérovée Site - Forum - Me contacter

Baronandy

Post by Baronandy » 17 Jun 2015, 07:34

Khan-Bjornsen wrote:mmo will be there in more than a year, so, yep i hope too... they have enough time to rethink it

agree , pvp is the most complex mechanic that should be most considered about and it would be cool if they experiment more arround

to figure out how to make it optimal mechanic wise.
implement kicks maybe a dash if you parried or if you wear light armor
and much more tests about best blocking mechanics

and comboable swings into mid atatcks or mid attacks into mid attacks like steb into overhead or swing into overhead

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5rE93hFGvU#t=168
in this game the directional blocking also look interesting

Hoshiqua
Alpha Tester

Post by Hoshiqua » 17 Jun 2015, 10:09

Meh. Personally I really hope they completelly rethink their combat system and the amount of realism they put into it. Plate armors that can be slashed through, nonsense archery "abilities", parrying being useless.. The game is only 3 months before release and look at the combat now.. There is no way they will change it considering the little time left, so yea, that game is kinda dead PvP wise for me. If it is not dead at all.

I know, I might appear very vocal and all, with all my rambling on the forums, but I tell ya, I'm far from being the only one that doesn't like the current mechanics, and doesn't like the planned combat system. Almost all the other pre alpha testers are gone now, and I believe that's one of the main reasons .. You CAN'T entertain most of the players just with endless building and farming and crafting. Most people want to fuck shit up at some point, and it is kind of the "end game" thing here ; destroy your enemies ! And the devs seem to completely underestimate the importance of PvP..

Baronandy

Post by Baronandy » 18 Jun 2015, 05:14

lets hope for the best 200.000 sold copys . i mean they got good donations from players who like pvp and played ultima/mortal/darkfall who want to have nice pvp and want to play it because of full loot , they just not play atm because this pvp system is worse then in mortal online (no directional blocking) and because they want the mmo. they funded it to play the mmo later to support development. people got blinded from the "full loot pvp"feature and thought/think in a full loot game, the developers priority will focus on pvp mechanics the most. but i see it get focused on in the last stage of development

cant a that well sold game not get 2-3 different developers working independently on combat mechanics ?? then test all 3 diffewrent combat mechanics and choose the best stuff from all 3 fightstyles ??

maybe the blocking system from person 1 the slashing animations from person 2 the first person view from person 3

maybe it´s just me ,but i would delay the game at least 4 month to get 7 month for pvp mechanics development and pertformence only.

all we want good pvp @ 60 fps + good netcode
then comes
good crafting housing pve and gambling + economy

and that 70 percent of the money invested in a badass netcode with no noticeable lags @ nodelines and animations.

something mortal online needed 3 years to do. but animations are still ...

Khan-
Zealous Believer

Post by Khan- » 18 Jun 2015, 10:26

let see what new 3D models will bring to animations... i believe this not only cosmetic... and maybe we'll get real hitbox (not only skeletons), and i hope, high way better animations and fluidity, then pvp will become better....
100% French speaking alliance of Royaume Franc : http://lifeisfeudal-fr.com/
Les Témoins de Mérovée Site - Forum - Me contacter

Hoshiqua
Alpha Tester

Post by Hoshiqua » 18 Jun 2015, 20:47

Not really.. I find animations and hitboxes to be fine enough. But the mechanics are disturbing..

EpicBlade

Post by EpicBlade » 18 Jun 2015, 22:02

I think we can all dream about having some Mount And Blade combat, but sadly its probably not going to happen(Even though the game said it would). :cry:

Anyhow first off on the combat note they need to change their whole stam system, at least make it so combat mode and out of combat mode use the same amount of stam for movement(or just make it so the character runs a tad faster in combat mode but uses more stam).
Stam regen is way to high atm especially when your not in combat mode, they just need to balance them probably with the same stam regen for a quick fix and nerf the stam regen a bit so you would want manage your stam better.
When your moving while holding your weapon for a swing you should use more stam w and also the same for when you have your bow drawn for too long, but this would affect you even when your standing still(just makes the kiting a little harder).

-How i see the direction combat is going atm i feel that the combat is going to be like a slowed down chivalry, where ping matters a lot less, but it's a double edge sword because you don't get the sweet twitch combat.
-On a side note if they had MO combat i would be perfectly find with it as long as it was balanced it and fixed shields to as they were in mount & blade, but with more dura. But what MO shows you if anything that you can have a form of mount and blade combat in a One Server mmorpg.

Baronandy

Post by Baronandy » 19 Jun 2015, 02:07

and make parrys possible without a shield !!!
blocks should not be steady without a shield bit drop after a second and you should aim and if that not works well via directional blocking

Dorian-Fendrel

Post by Dorian-Fendrel » 19 Jun 2015, 02:35

Before they even start changing the melee combat, how about balancing the ranged? Right now melee combat is virtually useless as if you max our archery and agility, in Royal leathers you can outrun a naked man. That's very broken vs melee especially plate. I understand it's designed to be superior and with luck adding Calvary will help, but I think range damage shoukd be fixed or needed. Two broadhead arrows should not do 130 damage to a man in full Royal plate.

Baronandy

Post by Baronandy » 19 Jun 2015, 08:33

Dorian-Fendrel wrote:Before they even start changing the melee combat, how about balancing the ranged? Right now melee combat is virtually useless as if you max our archery and agility, in Royal leathers you can outrun a naked man. That's very broken vs melee especially plate. I understand it's designed to be superior and with luck adding Calvary will help, but I think range damage shoukd be fixed or needed. Two broadhead arrows should not do 130 damage to a man in full Royal plate.

and as i see smokepots are needed .to cut off the vision of the enemy archers during a fight.
and a full plate knight need throwable axes as secondary or so

Baronandy

Post by Baronandy » 19 Jun 2015, 08:57

btw
the red circles on the gound are ugly and immerion breaking somehow

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYuWhDq5ipI

Goltis

Post by Goltis » 20 Jun 2015, 21:54

Baronandy wrote:btw
the red circles on the gound are ugly and immerion breaking somehow

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYuWhDq5ipI

+1 completely agree. Dont know if a option to turn it off would put those who decide to use that option in a disadvantage. Cant really think of a good solution right now.

And i too wish more development time was dedicated towards combat. I love the building, ressource production, crafting, pve part of the game, but combat is the most important thing for a sandbox mmo to last long imo.

Return to Feedback Section