Global Map & Scouting

Have a suggestion or an idea for Life is Feudal: MMO ? Post it here!

Tusak

Global Map & Scouting

Post by Tusak » 16 Feb 2014, 02:09

Global Map:
Make the map in a globe shape. When you head west continuously, you reach the same spot. One spot is midday and one other is living the night.

Scouting:
People discover their own maps as they travel. All of the other places are unknown. So there should be a profession called an explorer, a discoverer. People can sell their map information to each other. Clans' map knowledge is common to each member and they go scouting around to know what really is out there. (Another good reason to form clans, guilds, republics and organized factions.)

We don't know the New World or The Indians do we? :)

Seppuku
Alpha Tester

Re: Global Map & Scouting

Post by Seppuku » 16 Feb 2014, 14:59

I like it.
Cimmerian Mercenary

Antiblitz

Post by Antiblitz » 16 Feb 2014, 16:12

start in an unknown world, not knowing where you are, you decide to waste your time gathering materials for a map, and begin plotting out the area. A man you have never met comes along and asks what you are doing. You reply telling him you are mapping out the area, he laughs and gives you a link.

http://sabinati.com/HavenMap/

Haven & Hearth dev team wasted their time putting in a mapping feature, then the community just mapped it anyways, and put it up in a google maps format. Now everybody knows where everything is at all times. I dont see why these guys need to do the same. Let the players do things sometimes. It sounds great and all, until you realize how much wasted programming they put in for a google map made by the community.

Seppuku
Alpha Tester

Post by Seppuku » 17 Feb 2014, 02:14

Antiblitz wrote:start in an unknown world, not knowing where you are, you decide to waste your time gathering materials for a map, and begin plotting out the area. A man you have never met comes along and asks what you are doing. You reply telling him you are mapping out the area, he laughs and gives you a link.

Haven & Hearth dev team wasted their time putting in a mapping feature, then the community just mapped it anyways, and put it up in a google maps format. Now everybody knows where everything is at all times. I dont see why these guys need to do the same. Let the players do things sometimes. It sounds great and all, until you realize how much wasted programming they put in for a google map made by the community.

That map is far from complete. Why not put a Map of the known world feature in? If someone wants to upload their explored territory to the overall map then it becomes a piece of the world map.
Cimmerian Mercenary

Sting5

Post by Sting5 » 17 Feb 2014, 04:55

Antiblitz wrote:start in an unknown world, not knowing where you are, you decide to waste your time gathering materials for a map, and begin plotting out the area. A man you have never met comes along and asks what you are doing. You reply telling him you are mapping out the area, he laughs and gives you a link.

I support Your opinion Antiblitz. Though map seems as a default, we should give a try for players themselves to create a map with information they think is necessary. Gaming community should be used as a creator as much as possible, meanwhile devs can concentrate on core priorities, like bug fixing and such. AND what is most encouraging, guilds would scout/gather info about surrounding territories, thus each clan would have different information about the world.

IMHO party/friends support system is sufficient - all I need in MMO is to find my buddies when needed. Map could be interactively updated by community. Runescape/Mortal online had only minimap - no problem.
QUAERO TOTUS

Return to Suggestions and Ideas