Goals/plans for the MMO

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.

Lord_Sitruc
True Believer

Goals/plans for the MMO

Post by Lord_Sitruc » 30 Mar 2016, 13:08

How does everyone see themselves playing the MMO?

Do you want to be a traveling merchant selling exotic swords? The Robin Hood of a forest know for your thievery and your marksmanship? Farmer of the highest quality goods?

I am curious, looking through the guild recruitment forums it seems most of the people are joining for PVE reasons/jobs. So was wondering if that's what most people are looking for.

Also to be honest I am a little surprised that my own post looking for people who wanted to be cavalry has gotten little attention as I thought (perhaps biasedly) that it would be a pretty popular type of play. So now I am curious what is the flavor/popular style of play most people are looking for.

Eldurian

Re: Goals/plans for the MMO

Post by Eldurian » 31 Mar 2016, 21:08

I've just recently returned so I can't speak from experience but I've been told that cavalry can wreak havoc against groups units but performs poorly 1vs1. I feel that's probably a reason there is little interest in it as most people prefer to build strong 1v1 characters. I'm still quite interested in mounted combat because I'm content to lose some 1v1 viability if it furthers the interests of my group.

I'm kind of keeping my options open for the MMO. While I love PvP I'd like to be tied to a group that uses its military to back/further its economic interests as opposed to the other way around.

Ishamael
Alpha Tester

Post by Ishamael » 31 Mar 2016, 21:10

If it moves, kill it.

I really want to test the alignment system.
"Yes, Betrayer of Hope. They gave me the name to revile me, but I will yet make them kneel and worship it."
—Ishamael

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain.

Eldurian

Post by Eldurian » 31 Mar 2016, 21:17

I assume by "If it moves kill it" will be more the mentality of your group/alliance toward everyone outside it than an individual policy? The level of cooperation between players needed to create much of anything is something I feel will demand players form into solid groups if they are to be a serious threat to anyone.

Ishamael
Alpha Tester

Post by Ishamael » 31 Mar 2016, 21:24

Just dont enter our territory and you will be fine. Its a big map after all.

Weve destroyed people's claims that were built over a month. Needless to say they were more than a little upset.

Protip: PROTECT YOUR MONUMEMT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHldnJtJy5g
"Yes, Betrayer of Hope. They gave me the name to revile me, but I will yet make them kneel and worship it."
—Ishamael

Alakar
Beta Tester

Post by Alakar » 31 Mar 2016, 22:21

Ishamael wrote:Just dont enter our territory and you will be fine. Its a big map after all.

Weve destroyed people's claims that were built over a month. Needless to say they were more than a little upset.

You know that you can't attack a monument outside of jh in your own now right? And I am sure that in the mmo the monuments will behave differently too . So you won't be able to destroy someone else's claim.

Jairone
True Believer

Post by Jairone » 01 Apr 2016, 01:06

Lord_Sitruc wrote:How does everyone see themselves playing the MMO?

Do you want to be a traveling merchant selling exotic swords? The Robin Hood of a forest know for your thievery and your marksmanship? Farmer of the highest quality goods?

I am curious, looking through the guild recruitment forums it seems most of the people are joining for PVE reasons/jobs. So was wondering if that's what most people are looking for.

Also to be honest I am a little surprised that my own post looking for people who wanted to be cavalry has gotten little attention as I thought (perhaps biasedly) that it would be a pretty popular type of play. So now I am curious what is the flavor/popular style of play most people are looking for.

Well, I am not yet 100% sure what I want to do... but as for cavalry most people are probably watching archery right at the moment to see what happens. Bows are so OP that you may as well not roll anything else right now, so unless that changes everyone will be playing with a bow (even if it's just the low end one alongside crafting skills.)

Ishamael
Alpha Tester

Post by Ishamael » 01 Apr 2016, 01:54

Alakarsiann wrote:
Ishamael wrote:Just dont enter our territory and you will be fine. Its a big map after all.

You know that you can't attack a monument outside of jh in your own now right? And I am sure that in the mmo the monuments will behave differently too . So you won't be able to destroy someone else's claim.

I know the mechanics will be altered, but yes... you will be able to destroy someone's claim.
—Ishamael

Hoshiqua
Alpha Tester

Post by Hoshiqua » 01 Apr 2016, 22:01

Of course you will XD What do you think ?? Unless the defenders hold out for long enough a siege will end only with the destruction of the city's monument !

I plan to raise a kingdom in the MMO and hopefully make it into a "world wide" entity in the game world, much like Imperium is on Eve Online. I'll soon post a recruitment thread for guild leaders that talks in more detail about it :)

Return to General Discussion