Graphical Optimization

Have some feedback for Life is Feudal? Post it here!

Thehappypeanut

Graphical Optimization

Post by Thehappypeanut » 27 Sep 2014, 01:18

I would like to begin by stating that I fully understand that the game is in its alpha stage. Upon entering the game this evening, I noticed that the graphics (I have an NVIDIA 460GTX) are in dire need of optimization. The more people who are able to play the game without major graphics lag, the more people there are who can test the game adequately.

I'm not ranting, I'm just saying that the graphics need to be top priority in terms of optimization so that the masses can test this game and help with the development process.

Shu

Re: Graphical Optimization

Post by Shu » 27 Sep 2014, 02:36

Most of the graphics do perform quite okay. Not highly optimized, but decently playable. The one big outlier is the tree detail. I have to keep it around 1 to 1.5 even on my GTX780 for fluent graphics.

But I also noticed that settings above ~1.2 practically have no visual impact at all, so it really is an issue of a too widely ranged slider in the settings :)

Spenstein

Re: Graphical Optimization

Post by Spenstein » 28 Sep 2014, 17:38

I totally agree with the two posts before me. I realize that this game is in alpha, but it's difficult to test everything when I'm getting a headache from the low frame rate.

Return to Feedback Section