Harvesting speed

Have a suggestion or an idea for Life is Feudal: MMO ? Post it here!

Grey

Harvesting speed

Post by Grey » 28 Sep 2014, 17:44

Is it going to stay at 2 minutes?
Because it is a bit much^^ As a farmer, you have to wait full 6 hours to grow the crops and then 2min per harvest, which results in 2 hours clicking and watching to harvest my field...

also the steel sickle doesn't speed up anything :p

Obzzarver

Re: Harvesting speed

Post by Obzzarver » 29 Sep 2014, 12:13

I'll 2nd that, and so will the entire rest of my server :P
Way, waaay, to long.
At least make it possible to adjust the harvesting speed, like it is with other speeds in the game.

Bierdopjeee

Post by Bierdopjeee » 30 Sep 2014, 11:59

Harvesting takes too long indeed. For now increase harvesting speed with 30-50%.

Suggestions for later on:
- Certain tools increase harvesting speed
- Certain skills increase harvesting speed
- Time of day influences harvesting speed
- Hunger influences harvesting speed
- Health influences harvesting speed
- Group effort of highly skilled farmers increases harvesting speed (e.g. 2P -10%; 3P -20%; 4P -30%)

GrimmLiberty

Post by GrimmLiberty » 30 Sep 2014, 13:08

welcome to being a farmer... it DID in fact take up MOST of their daily life....

Falsewall

Post by Falsewall » 30 Sep 2014, 15:25

I agree with the steel sickle speed boosts, but in my playing I have developed a different mindset about harvesting. Plant smarter not harder. (grow small amounts of high yield crops)

This is hard to do because every server crash on my server causes harvest-able crops to revert to their freshly grown harvest-able state (Providing 1-3 crop yields instead of the 4-12 they had precrash). Once this is fixed(maybe with an sql server restart), I think growing crops for yield instead of trying to cut down a huge field will be more viable.

Bierdopjeee

Post by Bierdopjeee » 03 Oct 2014, 03:16

GrimmLiberty wrote:welcome to being a farmer... it DID in fact take up MOST of their daily life....

This is a game though. I doubt people want to spend whole day watching the harvesting animation :D.
It is always hard to find the right balance between a game and the amount of realism in it.

Whiteat

Post by Whiteat » 03 Oct 2014, 06:50

Bierdopjeee wrote:Harvesting takes too long indeed. For now increase harvesting speed with 30-50%.

Suggestions for later on:
- Certain tools increase harvesting speed
- Certain skills increase harvesting speed
- Time of day influences harvesting speed
- Hunger influences harvesting speed
- Health influences harvesting speed
- Group effort of highly skilled farmers increases harvesting speed (e.g. 2P -10%; 3P -20%; 4P -30%)

good ideas imho
esp. the Tools/skills combination

GrimmLiberty wrote:welcome to being a farmer... it DID in fact take up MOST of their daily life....

true as well, esp. if we want to talk about realism, but the game should still be fun, right?

Return to Suggestions and Ideas