Horse Animation From 3rd Person

Have some feedback for Life is Feudal? Post it here!

Macpharlan

Horse Animation From 3rd Person

Post by Macpharlan » 02 Dec 2015, 18:38

Finally got to try out riding a horse, I have watched others ride and think the animation looks great, while riding it though I am disappointing and think it needs an overhaul.

First off from a third person view it does not feel like riding a horse, it is more akin to gliding across the ground. In first person it is just way to choppy at that speed trying to render everything.

I think perhaps slowing the horse speed and improving the mechanics, the current feel just seems to fast for the environment.

Also, I think the horse should try to avoid obstacles, go around the tree not into it (at high speeds you can't really control the beast).

Down hill is also a problem, you can go way to fast down the hill, it feels like you are just gliding, not galloping, the horse should be forcing you to go slow or it will fall sending you flying. I go screaming down the hill and it just does not look good.

Basically, the horse really needs work

Ulfheoinn
True Believer

Re: Horse Animation From 3rd Person

Post by Ulfheoinn » 04 Dec 2015, 12:54

Macpharlan wrote:the horse should try to avoid obstacles, go around the tree not into it (at high speeds you can't really control the beast).

You should ride more often. It ask to have few skills in
[BP] Ulf
Óðinn's special warriors, and elite Viking forces

Macpharlan

Re: Horse Animation From 3rd Person

Post by Macpharlan » 04 Dec 2015, 20:05

Yea been riding around a bit, hard to do from third person if you go through trees, makes you sick from first person :)

A horse will naturally choose a path for you around obstacles, in this heavy tree env they should really have that.

Return to Feedback Section