Horses, so far

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.

Hoshiqua
Alpha Tester

Re: Horses, so far

Post by Hoshiqua » 13 Jun 2015, 12:18

Well, why not make them deflect arrows like in real life, but make them very VERY hard or / and costly to do ? Like take a long time, so they are VERY valuable ? I mean, if we make it realistic, only the full plate would be the one that would deflect most of the arrows, the other ones, I'm not sure, so there would still be a way to progress through the skill tree.

Stormsblade
Alpha Tester

Post by Stormsblade » 14 Jun 2015, 16:34

My guess is because Rock/Paper/Scissors style combat is no fun!
Although it would be "realistic" having certain armors and/or playstyles (horse archery) that are impenetrable to certain weapons, it wouldn't be any fun for players who have no chance of fighting back.

Soec

Post by Soec » 18 Jun 2015, 10:35

Even after the latest patch I can randomly access to the training field so I place a horse with apples, click train, and right after that the game crashes. The good thing is that the horse has started its training.

So after waiting some time and rejoin the game I can use the 'create warhorse' option to get the horse trained. That's ok, the problem is that I couldn't figure out why sometimes the game crashes when accesing the training field and some others when I click 'start training' in the inventory menu.

Anyway, the real question is... has someone been able to train something better that a simple warhorse? I couldn't train any other kind of warhorse... any suggestion?

Sirspliffington

Post by Sirspliffington » 20 Jun 2015, 05:08

Soec wrote:
Anyway, the real question is... has someone been able to train something better that a simple warhorse? I couldn't train any other kind of warhorse... any suggestion?

Just trained a Spirited Warhorse. It's slower than a normal Warhorse though and with less HP/SP, guessing they're not finished yet as it's also the same skin as a normal (not war) horse.

HouseHarkonnen

Post by HouseHarkonnen » 21 Jun 2015, 06:09

Something is not right or you didnt mean to type spirited.. because my spirited is almost twice as fast as a riding horse and three times or more of the heavy warhorse.

Cowboy124aa

Post by Cowboy124aa » 21 Jun 2015, 08:44

WarriorWench wrote:Unfortunately we are not able to tame the one horse found on our server, as it spawns in the water. Any ideas on how this can be rectified.

Yes build a land bridge to it until you get enough of its body out of the water to target it, sometimes it if your standing close to the horse and try and tame it, it wont bring up menu, walk away from horse then walk toward it again and it should bring up the tame menu, if not you may not have enough of its body out of the water. Also a good idea is to find a horse as close to shore as possible, if to far out it will take you days to get to it

Sirspliffington

Post by Sirspliffington » 21 Jun 2015, 10:56

HouseHarkonnen wrote:Something is not right or you didnt mean to type spirited.. because my spirited is almost twice as fast as a riding horse and three times or more of the heavy warhorse.

I know what I meant to type thanks but it's possible I just got a bugged horse. Spirited has less HP, stam and speed than a warhorse of the same quality (100). It has the white with black spots skin which is the same as a normal horse and it's stats are closer to basic horse than a warhorse. Is your also this colour?

HouseHarkonnen

Post by HouseHarkonnen » 22 Jun 2015, 06:33

Yes the spirited is that color, its also shorter than other white war horses. I have trained a few now and the speed is by far the best in the game, no idea what you created but its not a proper spirited horse.

Sirspliffington

Post by Sirspliffington » 22 Jun 2015, 12:21

What about HP and Stam (when moving) values for it? Also what is your warhorse handling lvl at and Q of those spirited horses please? Cheers.

HouseHarkonnen

Post by HouseHarkonnen » 22 Jun 2015, 14:56

As all horses raise Q while in stables my horses are all 100q, stam will regen when not in use and I once got on to my horse with over 4,000 stam but it drops to 120 when moving, HP is 175.
my training level is also 100 as every time you click on training you gain skill, not just every horse.

Sirspliffington

Post by Sirspliffington » 22 Jun 2015, 16:39

I know how stables, horse stam, training fields etc work thanks, no need to explain ^^ With your numbers now confirming it isn't just my horse having bad stats, Spirited Warhorse has the same HP and Stam as a basic horse from stable, Warhorse has 225hp and 150 stam at q100. Surely a Spirited Warhorse would at least have the same Stam as a normal Warhorse, if not more (definition of the word spirited - full of energy, enthusiasm, and determination). If a Spirited Warhorse has the same hp, stam, skin and (for me) speed as a basic horse, then surely they aren't implemented yet and are just using the basic horse as a placeholder until next patch?

Can someone else please provide a 3rd party opinion here as to whether Spirited Warhorses are indeed faster than normal Warhorse or even a basic horse?

Edit: Or any other type of special Warhorse for that matter.

HouseHarkonnen

Post by HouseHarkonnen » 22 Jun 2015, 19:45

my private server they run faster, the server I play and another third party server I tested today all run faster, no idea why yours is not working.

HouseHarkonnen

Post by HouseHarkonnen » 23 Jun 2015, 22:12

Also thought I should post about my attempts at Heavy Warhorse training. I attempting to train a hardy warhorse with horse armor in training field but resulted in a simple warhorse. I also tried with spirited, regular warhorse as well as mares and stallions. All results were what you could normally get and I made 0 Heavy warhorses. ( I even tried with GM and made 50 horses at once) /sadface

ArBleiz

Post by ArBleiz » 29 Jun 2015, 16:48

To SirSpliffington:

I just organized a large scale race around main island on my server. Lots of testing with several other folks went into the planning of this race. We were able to thoroughly confirm a few things:

- Spirited war horse has less health and stamina than other WAR horses. it is most definitely slower than regular war horses, it's about as fast a simple horses and a notch faster than the Hardy. I also believe it's not fully implemented yet, since now it's inferior to simple war horses.
- Simple war horse is the fastest horse in the game
- Hardy has more health but is slow as snot
- Rider encumbrance and inventory seem to have no effect on speed.

When we ran the race, in the first straight after the start, all the simple War Horses pulled ahead immediately, the Spirited and Simple immediately fell behind (I had similar experience in flat-track horse races Spirited vs Simple).

Simple War horses ran the track in ~15 minutes, the Spirited took over 20 minutes and the Hardy never finished.

I hope this helps!

HouseHarkonnen

Post by HouseHarkonnen » 30 Jun 2015, 22:52

So very odd. I play and GM on RPCLiF server we dont use any special scripts and our spirited run faster than any other horse on the sever with many different riders tested.

Alakar
Beta Tester

Post by Alakar » 01 Jul 2015, 05:27

HouseHarkonnen wrote:So very odd. I play and GM on RPCLiF server we dont use any special scripts and our spirited run faster than any other horse on the sever with many different riders tested.

Agreed Spirited is by far the fastest out of the horses released.

-Alakar
http://arkhaya.com/

Cyklone

Post by Cyklone » 02 Jul 2015, 07:11

Hello,

Finally i've built my first training ground and got my first warhorse..... The question i had is... how to upgade it? i googled for hours and never found anything about it..... i've made all kind of experimentation but either i was getting normal warhorses or my war horses were getting upgraded quality... my current handling is about 80.....

Any help, hint or how to make better war horses or they arent implemented yet?

Thanks a ton in advance!

CK

Pette

Post by Pette » 04 Jul 2015, 04:06

Ahoy,

So yeah, anyone knows how to get a heavy warhorse? They are implanted yet, you can spawn them and they aren't bugged at all when using GM.

But how to obtain heavy warhorse in survival mod? No one knows yet, please, anyone enlight us.

(Besides that, I noticed lance bumps and does blunt damage, 95% of the time on horseback, anyone has a tip?)

Khan-
Zealous Believer

Post by Khan- » 04 Jul 2015, 08:38

I put my warhose handling to 100... (but had to put down to 99.98 because of a bug) the best i got then was 99 (i wanted to try with 100 skill but finally didn't try)

all the 60 we had, it was impossible to upgrade them... but i can guess why

blacksmith can make warhose armor, royal warhorse armor etc... i think when you train your horse to warhorse, it cannot get more quality... but if you add a better type of armor, you train it to another warhose type and then, certainly quality...

sadly, as far as i know, there is only, for now, the simple armor...
100% French speaking alliance of Royaume Franc : http://lifeisfeudal-fr.com/
Les Témoins de Mérovée Site - Forum - Me contacter

Stormsblade
Alpha Tester

Post by Stormsblade » 04 Jul 2015, 17:17

Someone who is currently playing, can you tell me if pikes are now fully functional? Have they "fixed" (more accurately: implemented) them yet?

HouseHarkonnen

Post by HouseHarkonnen » 05 Jul 2015, 06:48

I used a long pike in the crouch brace position and hit a friend on horseback for 111 dmg to his torso.

As for lances they need to strike on the tip to do damage (blunt for joust, pierce for regular lance) you will notice the Lance and pike both will hold in the strike position for a second or two when attacked with. This is when contact should be timed have the Lance out just before you reach the target not once you already in range, let the speed of the horse make the impact.

the only horses you can create with training field are the warhorse, hardy warhorse and spirited. I posted a few posts up about the ways I tried to train horses in\with armor but nothing worked. The royal is not even in the database yet. As an active event and roleplay Gm I have a horse master visit the island once a week and will take a hardy warhorse and a set of horse armor In trade to rp the training and return them a heavy horse ( would love to see horse armor renamed to horse barding as that is the proper term)

EpicBlade

Post by EpicBlade » 05 Jul 2015, 15:32

Pikes seem fine(hit box off some still), but it doesn't throw the momentum of the horse into the damage calculation, it will do high damage if the target is just standing there or a full gallop it doesn't matter. I really think pike need to go off momentum, just kinda breaks the whole purpose of pike imo,Example->

Got my friend on a horse coming at me with a lance he misses(i do my pike attack late) and goes by me, I rotate around and get a stab on the horse for 100 damage, if any damage it should of been quite low since the horse is actually running from me. Oh, another thing you probably shouldn't be able to rotate all the way around in the pike stance.
Another instances is when i can hit my friend resting in plate for over 100 damage with the pike stance.
Seems no matter what weapon your using on a horse or on the ground it doesn't add the momentum bonus to the attack damage if a horseman is galloping at you.

Now about lances, seems the hit box is off(like most of the weapons in this game :cry: ), but when you actually get a hit it only does 60 damage D:, it really needs the bonus damage for momentum being a double edge sword and on one hand ups your damage, but will also up your attackers damage.

HouseHarkonnen

Post by HouseHarkonnen » 05 Jul 2015, 17:03

I couldn't hit anyone that wasn't moving with a pike, so thats different. Agree 100% with lance comment.

HerbPipes

Post by HerbPipes » 09 Jul 2015, 21:19

About lancing, I noticed you can "tuck" the lance and keep it there if you click and hold attack at the speed right before the second line then speed up or slow down as normal. The best hits i got where when i released the attack button right before contact. And keep in mind not to watch the cross hairs but watch the lance itself as the aiming point of the cross hairs seems a bit off.

Possiblynuts

Post by Possiblynuts » 21 Jul 2015, 15:14

Has anyone been able to breed horses yet?

All other domesticated animals breed without a problem, but as of yet I have not been able to breed a horse, neither in small nor big stable.

Is there a special food or other requirement, or is breeding of horses not yet started?

Thefakemccoy

Post by Thefakemccoy » 21 Jul 2015, 15:23

Yes i had like 6 born over night. I think they have to reach a certain age before they will breed.

Possiblynuts

Post by Possiblynuts » 21 Jul 2015, 15:30

Thx. What did you feed them, or does it matter as long as q is good?

Return to General Discussion