How bad is the griefing

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.
Flashmek

How bad is the griefing

Post by Flashmek » 08 Oct 2014, 13:59

Hi all,

i found this game a while back been monitoring it closely watching the forums and you tube vids and i have been suckered into pre alpha games or early access before such as rust and archeage as of late and realised id rather wait for full release however i just wanted to see what its like in general in regards to griefing / hacking, this game is the kind of thing i have been waiting for, for a long time and am thinking of getting involved now.

are servers plagued with morons fucking up everyone's shit either through griefing using game mechanics available or through hacking and crashing servers and what not ?

hope this isant too far out there i know this is a pre alpha just wanted a general idea on how bad it was.

cheers

Flash

Hashmire

Re: How bad is the griefing

Post by Hashmire » 08 Oct 2014, 14:09

I can only speak for my server (and hopefully this doesn't bring a ton of trolls to me), but I have only had a few amount of players log on and play for the sake of trolling (they were of course banned for violating server rules).

Overall the population I've experienced is really into the building/grinding/farming aspects of the game and now they are beginning to RP once they have gotten familiar with the mechanics.

Since the game is alpha and has some room to grow, I think that most trolls don't find it entertaining enough yet and stick to games like Rust and Day Z where you can get some instant grief action.
Last edited by Hashmire on 08 Oct 2014, 14:10, edited 1 time in total.
Server Administrator of Hashmire's Domain
Moderator of /r/LIFSERVERS

Dreamie

Post by Dreamie » 08 Oct 2014, 14:10

Public... i would say yes.
The first 2 Servers we played at, we just made our first steps and always when we get spottet most valuable stuff get stolen.
Or you simply get killed by pitchfork guys.
And you just cant always carry all iron or other crafting stuff.
Its hard to get startet.
I dont think its always like that, but it seems to be very common sadly.

As always, stealing is easyer than work for yourself ;)
And you cant safe anything really so far..
After the buttheads start to annoy ppl and lift stuff into the air where its getting unreachable, they fixed it... but now you cant even put chests anymore inside of a house to "save" it.

Only way i see is play on a private server with a nice community and no gm cheating etc..

p.s.: with private i did mean locked servers where not everyone can just join and troll ;)

Maegfaer
Mod Developer

Post by Maegfaer » 08 Oct 2014, 14:39

Griefers don't take the game seriously, so they usually won't bother doing any extra work to get into any other server than the public ones.

My server running my 'Life is Balanced' mod is semi-public, you need to visit the forum thread, get the password from there, and install the mod. It appears griefers can't be bothered with that, since we haven't had any of them so far. I guess it also helps that I nerfed the Pitchforks...
Pioneer LiF:YO modder
Author of Life is Balanced
My Modding Guide

FearTheAmish

Post by FearTheAmish » 08 Oct 2014, 16:48

Depends on the server, Blue Fang philly #1 is pretty good. Clan Stuart is based there and we have mostly run off griefers. They popup occasionally but its pretty quiet there.

Ravenclad

Post by Ravenclad » 08 Oct 2014, 19:00

Bluefang #11 the only griefing going on is from wolves camping the spawn in points. But other servers could certainly be different.
RavenClad @ Bluefangservices Official #11 Chicago - 1x skill server with active admins.

Thylbanus

Post by Thylbanus » 09 Oct 2014, 01:14

Flashmek wrote:Hi all,

i found this game a while back been monitoring it closely watching the forums and you tube vids and i have been suckered into pre alpha games or early access before such as rust and archeage as of late and realised id rather wait for full release however i just wanted to see what its like in general in regards to griefing / hacking, this game is the kind of thing i have been waiting for, for a long time and am thinking of getting involved now.

are servers plagued with morons fucking up everyone's shit either through griefing using game mechanics available or through hacking and crashing servers and what not ?

hope this isant too far out there i know this is a pre alpha just wanted a general idea on how bad it was.

cheers

Flash

Some are, some arn't. It all depends on the server. There are some active GMs and some that are just free-for-alls. You have to experiment and find out. One hint: The server with nothing but huts is MOST LIKELY a griefing server. It takes cooperation to make anything of note.

Flashmek

Post by Flashmek » 09 Oct 2014, 07:58

thanks all, it seems things are fairly under control then and thats something i always like to hear !

im greatful also for such a helpful community :)

cheers

Flash

Return to General Discussion