How do stats affect skills?

Welcome to the Life is Feudal: MMO community! Here you can ask your basic starters questions.

Monxer

How do stats affect skills?

Post by Monxer » 06 Oct 2014, 04:10

I'm aware that certain stats give you certain bonuses (Carry weight, skill points, etc) but what im asking is that stats directly influence your skills since they all seem to have a primary and secondary stat.

Can someone elaborate on the relationship between Stats and Skills?

WhiteTree
Devoted Believer

Re: How do stats affect skills?

Post by WhiteTree » 06 Oct 2014, 06:22

Stats don't affect skills, to my knowledge. The primary and seconday stats listed for each skill determines what stats are increased when you perform an action pertaining to that skill.

Monxer

Post by Monxer » 06 Oct 2014, 06:33

WhiteTree wrote:Stats don't affect skills, to my knowledge. The primary and seconday stats listed for each skill determines what stats are increased when you perform an action pertaining to that skill.

This is also what I thought, I figured i'd make a thread and make sure.

Blackout

Post by Blackout » 06 Oct 2014, 09:46

When you click on a skill, you'll see two number. The left one is the actual level of the skill, the right one is the level altered by your attributes.

Ghrazdul

Post by Ghrazdul » 06 Oct 2014, 23:44

Blackout wrote:When you click on a skill, you'll see two number. The left one is the actual level of the skill, the right one is the level altered by your attributes.

So with stat bonuses you can have more than 100 sklil?

Bug

Post by Bug » 06 Oct 2014, 23:57

Simple enough to test, raise a stat to 100 and check if the green number is "100" or "103.45" for example.

In the first case 100 would be a hard cap, thus the urge to get the skill to 100 would sometimes not be necessary.

In the latter case, you'd benefit from a boost even at 100 skill.

Viik

Post by Viik » 07 Oct 2014, 14:06

My conclusion after looking into "skill calculator" was following. Stats give you a bonus to skill for which stat in question is primary or secondary. Amount of bonus depends both on stat and on skill, as your skill goes up bonus becomes smaller. For example, with 40 STR and 0 skill in Forging, you will have about 15 points of effective skill in Forging (skill + bonus from stat). With 40 STR and 60 skill in Forging, effective skill will be 60+3.5 or so. So over the 90 skill there isn't much of the bonus added.
From my experience, effective skill doesn't unlock next skill in the tree, for that you still need to raise your base skill.

Azzerhoden
Alpha Tester

Post by Azzerhoden » 14 Oct 2014, 17:35

Viik wrote:My conclusion after looking into "skill calculator" was following. Stats give you a bonus to skill for which stat in question is primary or secondary. Amount of bonus depends both on stat and on skill, as your skill goes up bonus becomes smaller. For example, with 40 STR and 0 skill in Forging, you will have about 15 points of effective skill in Forging (skill + bonus from stat). With 40 STR and 60 skill in Forging, effective skill will be 60+3.5 or so. So over the 90 skill there isn't much of the bonus added.
From my experience, effective skill doesn't unlock next skill in the tree, for that you still need to raise your base skill.

What about crafting level requirements? Does effective skill allow you to craft something that requires a 90 skill, when you may have 83 actual + 7 effective?
| - Alpha Tester and Zealous Believer

Kingdom of Hyperion founding Duchy - A practical RP Community est. 1999 - Apply Today!

Return to Newcomer Section