How to join friend's server?

Welcome to the Life is Feudal: MMO community! Here you can ask your basic starters questions.

Barky

How to join friend's server?

Post by Barky » 20 Sep 2014, 17:57

So me and my other half just bought the game (we both live together so same IP) and we are having trouble playing together. I have tried joining through Steam's friends list or by him inviting me but we aren't having any luck. I also cannot find his server on the Server Browser, even though the server itself isn't set to private, it just has a password on it.

When I do try to join through him inviting me, I get a Game Info box just saying "Game status is unavailable".

Is there something we are missing, if you know please help! Thanks.

[EDIT] - We don't want to run a dedicated server or anything too fancy, just a server for us both to play on.

Radical

Re: How to join friend's server?

Post by Radical » 20 Sep 2014, 20:22

Everyone is getting this issue, supposedly it was something to do with opening ports which is untrue...

We are just going to have to wait for an update on this before we can play with friends, such a shame :x

Bengteke

Post by Bengteke » 20 Sep 2014, 22:55

I'm having the same problem here, almost.. I've hosted a server but i can't find it in the serverlist. I can join it by creating a new server, but not if i search for it in the server browser! :shock:

Barky

Post by Barky » 20 Sep 2014, 23:56

I managed to get solo play working in the end so I guess that will have to do now, cheers for the info!

Thebeepbeep

Post by Thebeepbeep » 21 Sep 2014, 18:31

Same issue here, hope something comes out that will fix this!

Loasmo

Post by Loasmo » 22 Sep 2014, 10:44

Did you make an exception in the firewall + Router + enable NAT? You need to allow the the server to have access for the ports 28000 up to 28002 UDP for the server to be accessible.

GeordieMarv

Post by GeordieMarv » 24 Sep 2014, 13:46

^^ Is this definitely true? Some clarification from the devs about this issue would be good. I don't want to have to open ports on my router to discover it's simply that you can't join a friends game yet.

Nexxy

Post by Nexxy » 24 Sep 2014, 14:12

Hello, me and my girlfriend bought the game just to play together. I guess we just have to go destroy other's fortresses with Torches for now. But this sucks and i completely rule out the bull**** saying "It's hard to survive alone, with friends its merrier" messages out, they annoy me like a curtain on your face you can never pull off from it. But i feel a little like that i've been robbed. I hope they solve this because otherwise this game seems pointless to me, specially when you are from finland and finnish people are not exactly team players. Atleast nowdays. :evil:

Moose111

Post by Moose111 » 27 Sep 2014, 16:51

making-a-server-t1956/#p21227

this worked for me, been using it ever since.

just do exactly what it says in that post, hope that helps!

GIJhen

Post by GIJhen » 01 Oct 2014, 22:31

install game then at title screen hit tilda key ~ and put in the listed code to join server

new server up and running with super fast growtimes

joinToRemoteServer("10.0.0.188:28000","")

Decimus

Post by Decimus » 17 Nov 2015, 22:49

So most of you have been dealing with this for a while now. Well I found an easy fix. I will explain step by step:

1:Download LogMeIn Hamachi right here: https://secure.logmein.com/products/ham ... nload.aspx

Download the unmanaged version.

2:After that you launch your hamachi. Make an account then sign in. After that create a networkso you and your friend can be in a local network.

3:Launch Life is Feudal. Either you or your friend click the "create a server" tab. create the server and make sure it is set to public! If you dont want people to join just set a password.

4:When you or your friends server is up, go to the multiplayer lobby tab. Click "direct connect" on the bottom right of the tabs bar.
When it pops up go to the hamachi tab. right-click your friends name and copy the IPv4 address.

5:GO back into Life is Feudal and paste or type the IPv4 address into the server IP bar. Make sure to put :28000 at the end of the IPv4 address(Example: 75.21.54.89:28000).

6:After that if your buddy added a password then type in the password. You should then have an easy connect to their local Life is Feudal Server.

Please reply if you have any questions and I hope this helps alot! :D

Nelskt1

Post by Nelskt1 » 04 Dec 2015, 01:58

GetEmGladiator wrote:So most of you have been dealing with this for a while now. Well I found an easy fix. I will explain step by step:

1:Download LogMeIn Hamachi right here: https://secure.logmein.com/products/ham ... nload.aspx

Download the unmanaged version.

2:After that you launch your hamachi. Make an account then sign in. After that create a networkso you and your friend can be in a local network.

3:Launch Life is Feudal. Either you or your friend click the "create a server" tab. create the server and make sure it is set to public! If you dont want people to join just set a password.

4:When you or your friends server is up, go to the multiplayer lobby tab. Click "direct connect" on the bottom right of the tabs bar.
When it pops up go to the hamachi tab. right-click your friends name and copy the IPv4 address.

5:GO back into Life is Feudal and paste or type the IPv4 address into the server IP bar. Make sure to put :28000 at the end of the IPv4 address(Example: 75.21.54.89:28000).

6:After that if your buddy added a password then type in the password. You should then have an easy connect to their local Life is Feudal Server.

Please reply if you have any questions and I hope this helps alot! :D

Ok so do all of my friends have to download Hamachi and all be in a network on there as well as myself???

Return to Newcomer Section