How to Train Combat.

Welcome to the Life is Feudal: MMO community! Here you can ask your basic starters questions.

sunleader
Zealous Believer

How to Train Combat.

Post by sunleader » 06 Dec 2017, 08:48

I just tried to level my Combat Skills.
But the Training Dummy does not really work its not Increasing the Skill.

Is there any Way to Train the Skill without attacking other People ???

And No I am not Attacking a Wolf lol
Pls dont kill this Game by making it an Empty and Dead PvP Arena. The niche of players is so incredible small that it hardly supports one such game. And we already got 10 or so on the Market....

Arrakis

Re: How to Train Combat.

Post by Arrakis » 06 Dec 2017, 14:23

Get a buddy, grab a training sword, invite him to unit and start bashing him :)

sunleader
Zealous Believer

Post by sunleader » 06 Dec 2017, 14:46

Arrakis wrote:Get a buddy, grab a training sword, invite him to unit and start bashing him :)

My Buddys cant Join the Game yet :(
They are waiting for Open Beta to first check the Game before they Buy it. :(
Pls dont kill this Game by making it an Empty and Dead PvP Arena. The niche of players is so incredible small that it hardly supports one such game. And we already got 10 or so on the Market....

Arrakis

Post by Arrakis » 06 Dec 2017, 17:17

You can find buddies in the game as well. There are numerous groups, smaller and bigger, looking for recruits.

Cursed
Devoted Believer

Post by Cursed » 06 Dec 2017, 17:43

ill train with you m8

Velius

Post by Velius » 06 Dec 2017, 19:08

Sunleader wrote:I just tried to level my Combat Skills.

What are you trying to train up, what is your current skill level, and what are you using as a weapon? The dummy is easily the most efficient way to train a skill unless someone around you is also training up battlefield medicine and/or healer since training against a partner usually leads to broken bones and a lot of them.

sunleader
Zealous Believer

Post by sunleader » 06 Dec 2017, 20:03

Velius wrote:
Sunleader wrote:I just tried to level my Combat Skills.

What are you trying to train up, what is your current skill level, and what are you using as a weapon? The dummy is easily the most efficient way to train a skill unless someone around you is also training up battlefield medicine and/or healer since training against a partner usually leads to broken bones and a lot of them.

Trying to train the Slinger Skill

Hodo
True Believer

Post by Hodo » 06 Dec 2017, 20:10

A training dummy is easy to build.

Some simple rope, simple fabric, a hardwood board and some nails I think.

You can use it to level slinger up to 60... it will take about 10k stones and about 400 slings, if you have decent food buffs and power hours.

GeordieMarv

Post by GeordieMarv » 06 Dec 2017, 21:19

Hodo wrote:A training dummy is easy to build.

Some simple rope, simple fabric, a hardwood board and some nails I think.

You can use it to level slinger up to 60... it will take about 10k stones and about 400 slings, if you have decent food buffs and power hours.

I assume you can use training axes and swords on the dummy? Or do they currently only work with slings?

The wiki says :-

4 × Boards
2 × Simple cloth
40 × Plant fiber
10 × Simple rope

But i tried making this the other day, but i didnt get the option to craft it. So I assumed the wiki is wrong (as a lot of it is), i wasnt high enough carpenter (i'm lvl 30) or i needed a carpenters toolkit. Can someone please confirm what ingredients and skills you need to make this? I cant train in axes or swords at all :(

Any help info appreciated, as I cant seem to see the training dummy in game to see the ingredients.

Velius

Post by Velius » 06 Dec 2017, 22:15

GeordieMarv wrote:
I assume you can use training axes and swords on the dummy? Or do they currently only work with slings?

I have not tried it in reverse but I can confirm that you are indeed able to beat the living crap out of an archery target with a melee weapon and gain skill. Logic says you should also be able to lob stones at a dummy and gain skill but I cannot say for certainty.

Incidentally, you really only can use training weapons on dummies for the first tier of a skill (1-30). After that, while you still do gain skill points using training weapons, they drop off exponentially and you need to use live steel weapon son the dummies in order to make time-efficient gains. Based on the availability of your materials and craftsmen that may or may not be a viable plan.

GeordieMarv

Post by GeordieMarv » 06 Dec 2017, 22:17

Velius wrote:
GeordieMarv wrote:

I have not tried it in reverse but I can confirm that you are indeed able to beat the living crap out of an archery target with a melee weapon and gain skill. Logic says you should also be able to lob stones at a dummy and gain skill but I cannot say for certainty.

Incidentally, you really only can use training weapons on dummies for the first tier of a skill (1-30). After that, while you still do gain skill points using training weapons, they drop off exponentially and you need to use live steel weapon son the dummies in order to make time-efficient gains. Based on the availability of your materials and craftsmen that may or may not be a viable plan.

It's making the dummy itself that i can't work out. As i said above, wiki says carpenter lvl 20 and all above ingredients...but i can't find where you craft it from.

Hodo
True Believer

Post by Hodo » 06 Dec 2017, 22:25

Velius wrote:Incidentally, you really only can use training weapons on dummies for the first tier of a skill (1-30). After that, while you still do gain skill points using training weapons, they drop off exponentially and you need to use live steel weapon son the dummies in order to make time-efficient gains. Based on the availability of your materials and craftsmen that may or may not be a viable plan.

First 60 points in a combat skill.

You can use training weapons all the way up to 100 if you REALLY want to. It will be slow as hell.

GeordieMarv wrote:
It's making the dummy itself that i can't work out. As i said above, wiki says carpenter lvl 20 and all above ingredients...but i can't find where you craft it from.

You can make a training dummy by looking at an open tile on the ground. Right click and choose "place furniture" (either that or decoration).

Then scroll down you should see "Training Dummy".

Click craft. It will plop a marker on the ground. Fill it with the needed materials and then build it.

Training Dummies, and Archery Targets can be used from 0-60 in any combat skill. Even tier 3 skills.

They take minor durability damage with every hit, it is VERY minor. A training dummy built the first 2 days on our guild claim has taken million plus hits... it only recently broke.

GeordieMarv

Post by GeordieMarv » 06 Dec 2017, 22:31

Hodo wrote:
Velius wrote:Incidentally, you really only can use training weapons on dummies for the first tier of a skill (1-30). After that, while you still do gain skill points using training weapons, they drop off exponentially and you need to use live steel weapon son the dummies in order to make time-efficient gains. Based on the availability of your materials and craftsmen that may or may not be a viable plan.

First 60 points in a combat skill.

You can use training weapons all the way up to 100 if you REALLY want to. It will be slow as hell.

GeordieMarv wrote:

You can make a training dummy by looking at an open tile on the ground. Right click and choose "place furniture" (either that or decoration).

Then scroll down you should see "Training Dummy".

Click craft. It will plop a marker on the ground. Fill it with the needed materials and then build it.

Training Dummies, and Archery Targets can be used from 0-60 in any combat skill. Even tier 3 skills.

They take minor durability damage with every hit, it is VERY minor. A training dummy built the first 2 days on our guild claim has taken million plus hits... it only recently broke.

Thanks a lot Hodo, it's hard to see exactly where you craft some stuff, and also what skill lvl you need exactly etc. I'm sure it was easier to see what lvls etc you needed in Your own...may just be i'm imagining it.

Hodo
True Believer

Post by Hodo » 06 Dec 2017, 22:35

GeordieMarv wrote:Thanks a lot Hodo, it's hard to see exactly where you craft some stuff, and also what skill lvl you need exactly etc. I'm sure it was easier to see what lvls etc you needed in Your own...may just be i'm imagining it.

Carpentry- 0 is the level I think you can make it at.

Return to Newcomer Section