In-Game Nationality / Language / Skill (learn language)

Have a suggestion or an idea for Life is Feudal: MMO ? Post it here!
Akheron

In-Game Nationality / Language / Skill (learn language)

Post by Akheron » 05 Mar 2014, 18:19

Hi everyone, here my suggestion :

If you have race / nationality option, you could transform chat text into something unreadable for people of other race except if he has the skill read the language. As the progression of this skill is better, you'll see more real words in the chat window allowing you to understand more and more what is written.

Some people could be interpreter. Very useful in politic games. If books are implemented, they can be flagged with the language of the writer, so you need to know the language to read it.

To learn a language, you must open books of the language you want to learn. Or everytime you 'hear' someone speaking in one language, you began to slowly learn this language.

That's the essence of my idea. I think it could bring a very special aspect in relation with other player, and foreign politics.

Siegbert
Alpha Tester

Re: In-Game Nationality / Language / Skill (learn language)

Post by Siegbert » 05 Mar 2014, 19:28

That'll be pretty useless when there's ingame voip.

Also I don't think we should complicate communication. What would be the benefit of it?

We already have real life nationalities that will likely transfer into the game meaning French-speaking players will stick with other French-speaking players.

Seppuku
Alpha Tester

Post by Seppuku » 06 Mar 2014, 15:25

Akheron wrote:Hi everyone, here my suggestion :

If you have race / nationality option, you could transform chat text into something unreadable for people of other race except if he has the skill read the language. As the progression of this skill is better, you'll see more real words in the chat window allowing you to understand more and more what is written.

Some people could be interpreter. Very useful in politic games. If books are implemented, they can be flagged with the language of the writer, so you need to know the language to read it.

To learn a language, you must open books of the language you want to learn. Or everytime you 'hear' someone speaking in one language, you began to slowly learn this language.

That's the essence of my idea. I think it could bring a very special aspect in relation with other player, and foreign politics.

I used to love this feature in Everquest. Language parties, and being able to speak Gibberish to new players and the less worldly was always fun. SWG dumbed it down a bit with automatic learning, and then I can't think of any games since that have attempted it.

As an oldskool player I would like something like this, but I fear the less literate and those who like to Power level would not see how this adds to their personal enjoyment.
Cimmerian Mercenary

Drakes821
Alpha Tester

Post by Drakes821 » 07 Mar 2014, 04:39

I think it would be an interesting feature 10 years ago; however, nowadays almost everyone uses some VOIP or IRC program while in game so it's affect on the game would be very minimal.

Return to Suggestions and Ideas