Increase the max. player on YO servers

Have a suggestion or an idea for Life is Feudal: MMO ? Post it here!

Mybrainisanut
True Believer

Increase the max. player on YO servers

Post by Mybrainisanut » 26 Mar 2017, 11:43

I'd like to suggest to increase the amount of players beeing able to connect to YO servers.
There are various ones out there that are capped at max. players with a lot of diffrent groups in, not beeing able to connect more than 2-3 ppl per group.
The tourge3D engine is able to handle it. I think a DEV there explained himself, that each connection takes about 2k/second and so the theoretical cap is around 256 players.
Even increasing the players to 128-164 should be absolutly fine. Having a x64 server now this should be fine as well.
In the current situations, on a high populated server groups do favor logging in hours before the judgement hour to increase their amount of players beeing online. If one group does not have enough of theirs online they will get smashed. SunTzu wrote, when attacking a castle you need to be in favor 3:1 in force. With 15ppl on one side you would need around 45 on the other, and the server is full.

I've skipped around on various servers while the MMO is on standby and I could've only wished to see some nice fights but some small scrimishes.
With the MMO beeing down it hurts a little bit that the groups have to split themselfes to be able to play LiF.
I also see no indication for this working against the MMO like a few of my groups mates said. YO and the MMO are like two diffrent situations. Also the new custom maps do allow way more groups to be on one server.

All in all I think this would give YO some new spice with, in theory, very little effort.
Gefangen vom Kreise lichten Scheins,
von unsichtbarer Pflicht nicht zu befrein,
sieht Tage lang das selbe Treiben,
ein Student zu Prüfungszeiten.

Return to Suggestions and Ideas