Inspecting Logs

Have a suggestion or an idea for Life is Feudal: MMO ? Post it here!

Knitler
Alpha Tester

Inspecting Logs

Post by Knitler » 31 Aug 2014, 20:40

You hopefully already know that a fully grown tree (major) is giving u more stuff out of the log when carpenting with it.

But when you got your log you dont really know how far you can go and carpent stuff out of it. 1 building log? maybe not even one if theres already some boards cut out!

Heres my suggestion; either you should see the progress of the used log or you should be able to inspect the log too and see how much % its wasted of it already. So you can guess easier how much you can still get out of it.

I think some ppl are tired of the message;
"You have failed to make something productive out of it!"

Heinrich_von_Leipa
Alpha Tester

Re: Inspecting Logs

Post by Heinrich_von_Leipa » 01 Sep 2014, 05:24

I'd love that!

Plus another reason - call me wrong - if you stockpile logs as resource you currently don't know the quality, age and size of the former tree anymore. So once you cut the tree and stack the logs up you are no longer able to grab the best trees for building logs and the rest for boards or billets.
And I kinda don't want to have to make several stacks for that if we could just have an option to inspect a tree :)

Knitler
Alpha Tester

Re: Inspecting Logs

Post by Knitler » 01 Sep 2014, 13:24

Richard_Smith wrote:I'd love that!

Plus another reason - call me wrong - if you stockpile logs as resource you currently don't know the quality, age and size of the former tree anymore. So once you cut the tree and stack the logs up you are no longer able to grab the best trees for building logs and the rest for boards or billets.
And I kinda don't want to have to make several stacks for that if we could just have an option to inspect a tree :)

That could be true, when you make a storage you use one log forever and after that one is finished- the others will have production failed.

Return to Suggestions and Ideas