Is it possible to disable PvP & perm claims?

Welcome to the Life is Feudal: MMO community! Here you can ask your basic starters questions.
Tyboroth

Is it possible to disable PvP & perm claims?

Post by Tyboroth » 24 Feb 2015, 23:31

I am playing around with the server and was wondering it there is any way to disable PvP and make permanent "claims" (which means the player will have to manually "unclaim" to let someone else take over)

Would be a great asset having the option to decide how our servers are run this way :)

I tried searching for the PvP, but this forum just ignores it because it's too short - should fix that too!

Eslake

Re: Is it possible to disable PvP & perm claims?

Post by Eslake » 28 Feb 2015, 15:53

I could have sworn I responded to this, must have forgot to submit.

First.. Yes it is possible to remove PvP - but I would not suggest you try if you are still finding your way around.

If you Must do so, than try the safest options first.. setting all of the UnitWeight settings on weapons in Objects_Types in the database for example.. it won't make them unusable, but if I understand the point of the value, it will make them harmless.

---
Perm Claims.. not exactly, but you can extend them.
In Objects_Types (yep, same place) - sort by OwnerTimeout and change the existing 178200 (I think) to the number of seconds you Want it to be.

When you reboot the server, this will be reset by the running of Patch.SQL, so you will need to either delete Patch.SQL or - better choice - edit it there too.
It is found near the beginning.

Personally, I'd keep the number under 5 days, anything longer than 5 days doesn't display correctly to the users.

---
But as to permanent anything.. don't expect the server to work for too long. Short of literally removing all shovels and picks from the database you cannot avoid the issue of continually increasing lag for the users due to the data bloat handling the land.
Eg. If you drop soil on the ground, that data is added to the database, and sent to everyone -- That makes sense.
But if you pick it back up, rather than remove that entry, it adds 2 more lines to explain that it was Lowered and the new value is .......

Terraforming is vital to gameplay, tunneling less so, but both cause the problem.

Niflheimur

Post by Niflheimur » 03 Mar 2015, 17:51

Im haveing problems finding the Patch.SQL in the server database, have a dedicated server hosted by BlackBoxServers, and in the database the SQL folder is empty and every time i change the OwnerTimeout with HeidiSQL and restart the server it goes to default 24 hours pls advice.

Eslake

Post by Eslake » 04 Mar 2015, 09:55

Niflheimur wrote:Im haveing problems finding the Patch.SQL in the server database, have a dedicated server hosted by BlackBoxServers, and in the database the SQL folder is empty and every time i change the OwnerTimeout with HeidiSQL and restart the server it goes to default 24 hours pls advice.

You need to request access to the file through support.

Niflheimur

Post by Niflheimur » 04 Mar 2015, 09:59

its sorted thx all for the help.

Return to Newcomer Section