Is Lif YO dead atm?

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.

The_Reginald
Alpha Tester

Is Lif YO dead atm?

Post by The_Reginald » 04 Oct 2014, 03:21

atm = at the moment

The player population has gone way down since the steam release. Does anyone have any theories why? I'm pretty sure the mmo will be a success but it seems almost everyone has stopped playing YO. Is the YO population expected to go back up? It seems like 90% of the players bought the game played for a while realized they can't get jack done in a short amount of time and quit.
Lif Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/the_reginald

Better to be a virtual king than a real life scrub.

Kerby40

Re: Is Lif YO dead atm?

Post by Kerby40 » 04 Oct 2014, 03:36

My group and I were talking about it and we kind of expect it to boil down to a handful of servers that will fill up with players as a result.

I'm going to attempt to keep my server going by hosting events and whatnot. I don't really constantly check all the other server populations.

Rx25

Post by Rx25 » 04 Oct 2014, 03:58

The_Reginald wrote:atm = at the moment

The player population has gone way down since the steam release. Does anyone have any theories why? I'm pretty sure the mmo will be a success but it seems almost everyone has stopped playing YO. Is the YO population expected to go back up? It seems like 90% of the players bought the game played for a while realized they can't get jack done in a short amount of time and quit.

http://steamcharts.com/app/290080#7d

/thread

The_Reginald
Alpha Tester

Post by The_Reginald » 04 Oct 2014, 04:31

how is that /thread its indeed going down

Blackout

Post by Blackout » 04 Oct 2014, 04:42

It's an early alpha. The people buy that game, check it out, play it for a few hours, stop playing it for a while to check back when a patch got released.

No reason to call this game dead :shock: :crazy: :no:

The_Reginald
Alpha Tester

Post by The_Reginald » 04 Oct 2014, 04:42

thats why i said dead atm brah

Blackout

Post by Blackout » 04 Oct 2014, 04:52

It's far away from dead atm. 6390 players peak (7272 all time peak) during the last 24 hours is not dead. What's up with you?

The_Reginald
Alpha Tester

Post by The_Reginald » 04 Oct 2014, 04:59

Look at the twitch streams tinman was getting 100+ viewers now hes down to half that. Maybe the servers seem more vacant because now theres more servers with players being spread out more. Either way is 1000 players under the peak not a lot or what

Blackout

Post by Blackout » 04 Oct 2014, 05:07

I really don't see any problems here? Every game has a player fluctuation. Measuring that a game is dead by some twitch players, is far away from reality ;)

The developers are active, monitoring the forums and the mantis bug tracker, they are working hard, the players do their part, reporting everything at the forums and at the bug tracker and the rest just takes some time.

This game will go sky high, everyone i spoke with, wants this game hard! Tons of servers are being launched, more and more people hear about this game and you don't have to worry, it's far away from dead, it's just beginning! :Yahoo!:

The_Reginald
Alpha Tester

Post by The_Reginald » 04 Oct 2014, 05:08

you should enter politics

Aldebaran

Post by Aldebaran » 04 Oct 2014, 05:39

The_Reginald wrote:Look at the twitch streams tinman was getting 100+ viewers now hes down to half that. Maybe the servers seem more vacant because now theres more servers with players being spread out more. Either way is 1000 players under the peak not a lot or what

There's more than one reason for that twitch I suspect. :twisted:

It's 1:30 AM on a friday night.

More and more servers pop up subdividing players and spreading them thinner by the day.

Sales have remained stable and gone up according to top sellers list.

Video card issues seemed to be prevalent today from the patch, that may be a factor. Perhaps some of the effected simply decided to wait for a fix to be in. Still, the stats show no fluctuation.

You seem fixated on establishing as fact, is there another reason?
Last edited by Aldebaran on 04 Oct 2014, 12:33, edited 1 time in total.

The_Reginald
Alpha Tester

Post by The_Reginald » 04 Oct 2014, 06:04

What do you mean I seem fixated on establishing it as fact I just gave a reason to why it might not be lol

Siegbert
Alpha Tester

Post by Siegbert » 04 Oct 2014, 06:56

Numbers seem to be pretty stable.

Aldebaran

Post by Aldebaran » 04 Oct 2014, 07:13

The_Reginald wrote:What do you mean I seem fixated on establishing it as fact I just gave a reason to why it might not be lol

Because you keep saying its going down throughout thread and I can't see anything that suggests that.

The_Reginald
Alpha Tester

Post by The_Reginald » 04 Oct 2014, 07:57

The average players not going up since the release and the less amount of twitch viewers doesn't suggest anything? And again I had countered what I had said before.

Paint

Post by Paint » 04 Oct 2014, 09:10

Go away with youre twitch viewers it could be anything that they dont want to watch him. Maybe hes a douch or so.
And 1000 below peak isnt much.
Thats normal.
Its just the problem that anyone hosts a server atm and so the players spread out.

Mortimer

Post by Mortimer » 04 Oct 2014, 09:22

I thought its quite logical, your viewers bought the game and arent watching cause they are playing? That or you simply arent entertaining enough?

Siegbert
Alpha Tester

Post by Siegbert » 04 Oct 2014, 09:44

The_Reginald wrote:The average players not going up since the release and the less amount of twitch viewers doesn't suggest anything? And again I had countered what I had said before.

Since so many people complain about the high price for a early access version I think it's only natural that people stopped buying after the initial hype went off.

Aldebaran

Post by Aldebaran » 04 Oct 2014, 10:13

Still in top 5 in sales, so hype is still there too, or it wouldn't occupy a top slot. :pardon:

Just tinfoil hattery based on twitch views.

SerethiX

Post by SerethiX » 04 Oct 2014, 10:49

Wait for the Weekend numbers, most people have work to do during the week, it's normal that numbers decrease during the week.

On Friday Peek was ~1000 above Thursday peek, seems like a normal development to me :beer:
Deutsche Roleplay Server mit Teamspeak.
! [de] dgma.eu 24/7 RP Server TS3 on dgma.eu!

Wir suchen uns die Spieler nach Reife und Verhalten aus. Passwort gibt es bei den Game Admins!

Monkee
Zealous Believer

Post by Monkee » 04 Oct 2014, 11:07

You do realize people play more during the weekends?

The_Reginald
Alpha Tester

Post by The_Reginald » 04 Oct 2014, 11:41

Monkee wrote:You do realize people play more during the weekends?

do they?

The_Reginald
Alpha Tester

Post by The_Reginald » 04 Oct 2014, 11:43

Aldebaran wrote:Still in top 5 in sales, so hype is still there too, or it wouldn't occupy a top slot. :pardon:

tinfoil hatteries? please im just worried about the games success is all and am thinking of any possibilities to why the game might fail which hope it doesnt

StormCorpsFinest

Post by StormCorpsFinest » 04 Oct 2014, 12:40

Griefing is probably a main component in scaring people away from this game. When I read about how people will go to considerable lengths by using game exploits just to ruin a days worth of playtime for a group, I dont suppose many folks are too happy after that. Plus, it seems like such behavior is encouraged in some areas. Just a thought
Sanctuary Republic | Dedicated Blacksmith | 100 Ugly Gamers

Aldebaran

Post by Aldebaran » 04 Oct 2014, 12:41

The_Reginald wrote:
Aldebaran wrote:Still in top 5 in sales, so hype is still there too, or it wouldn't occupy a top slot. :pardon:

tinfoil hatteries? please im just worried about the games success is all and am thinking of any possibilities to why the game might fail which hope it doesnt

I am in fact Irish/Italian, however, selective enforcement of rules : seem to be in effect. Again.

I'm still banned from Steam for far less than that.

The_Reginald
Alpha Tester

Post by The_Reginald » 04 Oct 2014, 12:44

what in the hell are you talking about

Aldebaran

Post by Aldebaran » 04 Oct 2014, 12:52

The_Reginald wrote:what in the hell are you talking about

Rules

The_Reginald
Alpha Tester

Post by The_Reginald » 04 Oct 2014, 21:56

I didnt name and shame any private servers

SirDruben

Post by SirDruben » 04 Oct 2014, 22:33

Either I'm COMPLETELY confused as to what he's asking, or this guy is the most obvious troll in the history of trolls.

First he says that the population has gone down since Steam release. Basic competence will show you that that's not remotely true. In what world does this graph represent a diminishing population?

Then he mentions a single twitch stream. Um... in what world is a single twitch stream a legitimate way to measure the population playing a game? Again... this is an early access game and, as with most early access games, there will be a lot of spikes with people checking it out then going away for a while. But the population is consistent. The sales are consistent. The twitch #'s don't mean diddly jack.

I'm sorry if this is a rules violation as a personal attack, that's not my intent. I honestly believe Reginald to be forum griefing.

It happens.

But between "Forum Griefer" and "someone who doesn't comprehend numbers and/or how to read a graph" I think the percentages fall GREATLY on "Forum Griefer"

But... just in case Reginald doesn't understand how to read graphs... let me quantify the specific numbers.

Sep 21 - 1760/4349
Sep 22 - 1576/4718
Sep 23 - 1748/4764
(Steam/Server issues where no one was playing at all momentarily)
Sep 24 - 1826/4823
Sep 25 - 1819/5506
Sep 26 - 2079/5630
Sep 27 - 2611/6417
Sep 28 - 3152/7265
Sep 29 - 2304/6384
Sep 30 - 2268/6178
Oct 1 - 2143/2984
Oct 2 - 2136/5729
Oct 3 - 2200/6365
Oct 4 - 2772/7029

First, there's the date. The second number is the (approximate) lowest number of people playing simultaneously. The third number is the maximum number of people playing simultaneously.

What definition of "dead" do you subscribe to that these numbers fit?

Seriously... I've known some people that are mind-numbingly bad with numbers, and I accept that... but... yeah... Forum Griefer.

The_Reginald
Alpha Tester

Post by The_Reginald » 04 Oct 2014, 22:40

Bro are you serious all I said was the count went down by 1k, in my universe thats negative rather than positive, and I said myself in this thread that maybe it just seems like there are less people since now there are more servers with the players more spread out on them so I countered what I originally said so I obviously am not stuck on the idea. And someone already mentioned that a 1k difference isn't a big deal so now you are just repeating what has been already said. The twitch numbers dont mean diddily jack lol? Im sorry I thought more advertising was a good thing. Just let the thread die now theres nothing left to talk about.

Return to General Discussion