Is the durability of weapons messed up?

Have a suggestion or an idea for Life is Feudal: MMO ? Post it here!

Ricardoferreira1991

Is the durability of weapons messed up?

Post by Ricardoferreira1991 » 13 Nov 2017, 23:38

I was testing a 10 quality jousting lance against a horse and it did 31.60 blunt damage at 19 speed bonus and lost 0.52 durability.
Then I tested a 100 quality jousting lance against the same horse and did 57.60 blunt damage at 19 speed bonus, but lost 0.96 durability.
Since steel tools and vostaskus steel tools last a lot longer than iron, why would a steel (80 quality cap) or vostaskus steel (100 quality cap) weapon decay faster with use than the iron one? It makes no sense to me since the steel retains the edge better than the iron.
I think the durability loss of the weapon should be based on the quality of the weapon, meaning, a lesser quality weapon should lose more durability than a really high quality one. Because the way it is now, a 100 quality lance will break twice as fast as a 10 quality once.

carranah
Zealous Believer

Re: Is the durability of weapons messed up?

Post by carranah » 14 Nov 2017, 00:12

And what is the max durability of each lance? I would assume that 100q lance has much more durability, hence it will take more to break it than 10q lance anyways.

Maybe the durability is loss in weapons is directly related to the damage that was dealt in given action (just a thought, but you can see that 31.60/0.52 has the same ratio as 57.60/0.96 - which is floor(60)). Otherwise it would be strange, since (afair) same type of tools always loose same amount of durability per action irrespective of it's quality (e.g. 10q shovel will loose the same durability per action as 100q showel).

Ricardoferreira1991

Post by Ricardoferreira1991 » 14 Nov 2017, 02:31

That's what I noticed too, the durability loss formula for weapons is based around the damage the weapon does. Which works perfectly for armor because the more damage an armor gets the more durability it should lose, but is not really compatible with weapons is it?
I was using GM commands to spawn the weapons, so the command was:
/add [#item] [amount] [quality]

They all spawned with 50 durability, I thought that was the norm. It isn't? There is no where to look for that information though, I just read I could add the [durability] value after the [quality] in the command, but I wouldn't know what the real value is.

Dragmar
Zealous Believer

Post by Dragmar » 14 Nov 2017, 06:42

Ricardoferreira1991 wrote:That's what I noticed too, the durability loss formula for weapons is based around the damage the weapon does. Which works perfectly for armor because the more damage an armor gets the more durability it should lose, but is not really compatible with weapons is it?
I was using GM commands to spawn the weapons, so the command was:
/add [#item] [amount] [quality]

They all spawned with 50 durability, I thought that was the norm. It isn't? There is no where to look for that information though, I just read I could add the [durability] value after the [quality] in the command, but I wouldn't know what the real value is.

The 50 durability is the standard for GM spawned items. 100q items will when made naturaly have 200 durability.

Ricardoferreira1991

Post by Ricardoferreira1991 » 14 Nov 2017, 18:50

Interesting, that explains a lot. Do you happen to know the durability of the 80q and 60q items as well?

Return to Suggestions and Ideas