Item Quality VISUAL INDICATOR

Have a suggestion or an idea for Life is Feudal: MMO ? Post it here!

Jezbelle
Alpha Tester

Item Quality VISUAL INDICATOR

Post by Jezbelle » 16 Oct 2014, 06:46

There should be visual indicators for item quality. What do I mean by this?

1) When wearing armor with a low quality, it should have a duller, more lackluster appearance when worn on a character. It could even appear a little dirty, or wrinkled. Reciprocally, when wearing high quality armor, it should be clean, and have a brilliant, newly oiled shine to it.

A full plate set amounts to nothing if it's low quality, meanwhile it looks the same as a 100-quality set? I'd like to be able to gauge (if vaguely) my opponent's craftsmanship and fighting abilities by looking at his character.

2) Items sitting in your inventory should have a colorful OUTLINE around the item, which will give a general sense of the item quality without having to mouse over it. Maybe the bluer the color is the higher quality it is, and if its red(er), then it's lower quality. There would obviously be colors in between.

This would really help us organize our inventory. We could quickly toss low quality items and keep good ones. It would also be easier to get a better sense of where we are keeping the low quality and high quality items in the bag in relation to one another at a moment's glance.

Elysana
Alpha Tester

Re: Item Quality VISUAL INDICATOR

Post by Elysana » 18 Oct 2014, 11:56

I think these ideas are good, especially 2 for me.

I am also fine with 1, but there are so many other things in the game that need to be prioritized (better animations, I think!) before we can think about a visual indicator for quality.

Return to Suggestions and Ideas