Item security

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.

Ajaxx84
Alpha Tester

Item security

Post by Ajaxx84 » 21 Sep 2014, 03:11

Sorry if this has been discussed, I am at work posting from my phone with limited time to search around. But anyways I was wondering without land claims in lif:yo is there any way of protecting your stuff when you are offline? Will placing items in a house secure them or can people just walk in and poach all my stuff while I am in bed or at work? I honestly don't mind losing my stuff in pvp or anything like that but I have always hated being punished for being employed and have been turned off to a great deal of games because of this. Any info is appreciated, thanks in advance.

Birdy
True Believer

Re: Item security

Post by Birdy » 21 Sep 2014, 03:21

Hey we have the same problem our village has valubale items in the chests. We are now building a Wooden wall to keep the people away. :) is just like real life. You can also do smithing and make a Lock i havent invented that yet but soon there i assume you can use that for security :)

Deantwo
Alpha Tester

Post by Deantwo » 21 Sep 2014, 03:36

One thing you can do is create a crate or chest, put your most valuable items in it, and pick it up before you log off.

That way those items will be logged off with you. ^^

http://lifeisfeudal.gamepedia.com/Categ ... containers

Birdy wrote:You can also do smithing and make a Lock i havent invented that yet but soon there i assume you can use that for security :)

I dread to tell you that the "Lock" you craft is just a component so far.
Hopefully some day soon we can lock and hide our stuff for real.
Last edited by Deantwo on 21 Sep 2014, 03:39, edited 1 time in total.
The Foxtail empire successfully defended against the evil space ponies!
Read all about it: Second Invasion of Rævehjerte Repelled

- Shores of Hazeron

SirWinston
Alpha Tester

Post by SirWinston » 21 Sep 2014, 03:38

I guess you can put a lock on your door ? Not sure if that's in the game yet.
Spoiler

Ajaxx84
Alpha Tester

Post by Ajaxx84 » 21 Sep 2014, 03:59

Deantwo wrote:One thing you can do is create a crate or chest, put your most valuable items in it, and pick it up before you log off.

That way those items will be logged off with you.

That's not a bad idea but I feel there should be something in game by design to help protect our property. In lif:mom there will be land claims so we know that the device aren't opposed to the idea. A simple feature like making your house door only able to be opened by you and people you give permission to would solve the problem. Then allow server admits to set an amount of time until your house becomes public from inactivity, similar to house decay in rust.

Sieni
Zealous Believer

Post by Sieni » 21 Sep 2014, 04:01

Wait so crafting a lock for a house door or a pallisade gate. will make the gate but it does not lock or what?

I mean its a requirement for both of these.

Deantwo
Alpha Tester

Post by Deantwo » 21 Sep 2014, 09:06

Ajaxx84 wrote:
Deantwo wrote:One thing you can do is create a crate or chest, put your most valuable items in it, and pick it up before you log off.

That way those items will be logged off with you.

That's not a bad idea but I feel there should be something in game by design to help protect our property. In lif:mom there will be land claims so we know that the device aren't opposed to the idea. A simple feature like making your house door only able to be opened by you and people you give permission to would solve the problem. Then allow server admits to set an amount of time until your house becomes public from inactivity, similar to house decay in rust.

We can't even put things into a house yet, so I am sure it will come, just not yet. ^^;
Last edited by Deantwo on 21 Sep 2014, 09:14, edited 1 time in total.

- Shores of Hazeron

Davidbc

Post by Davidbc » 21 Sep 2014, 09:09

This must be a top priority, I can't believe it isn't in the game already. Someone can come and steal your stuff and you can't do anything because killing him would take forever.

Deantwo
Alpha Tester

Post by Deantwo » 21 Sep 2014, 09:19

Davidbc wrote:This must be a top priority, I can't believe it isn't in the game already. Someone can come and steal your stuff and you can't do anything because killing him would take forever.

He most likely can't carry all your stuff at one time.
And then just complain to the server admin, or hell play on a server you host so you are alone (or with friends only).

It's an alpha, crashes and broken stuff take priority over convenience.

- Shores of Hazeron

Davidbc

Post by Davidbc » 21 Sep 2014, 09:24

Deantwo wrote:
Davidbc wrote:This must be a top priority, I can't believe it isn't in the game already. Someone can come and steal your stuff and you can't do anything because killing him would take forever.

And then just complain to the server admin, or hell play on a server you host so you are alone (or with friends only).

My stuff is safe for now because server official #10 crashed 3 hours ago and it's still down. How long does it take to restart a server? Certainly not 3 hours.

Deantwo
Alpha Tester

Post by Deantwo » 21 Sep 2014, 09:28

Davidbc wrote:
Deantwo wrote:

My stuff is safe for now because server official #10 crashed 3 hours ago and it's still down. How long does it take to restart a server? Certainly not 3 hours.

Very off-topic, and no idea.

- Shores of Hazeron

Frosth

Post by Frosth » 21 Sep 2014, 22:18

There are warehouse buildings that act like containers.
Maybe if yo uclaim them, liek a house, no one else but you can interact with them?

I haven't gotten there yet because furnaces are bugged on server #5, but this was something I expected to work.

Hobo_Grandpa

Post by Hobo_Grandpa » 21 Sep 2014, 22:52

Davidbc wrote:

Servers must be restarted manually. Boris the Bear is currently responsible for restarts, and sometimes he is napping or busy with eating a dev when he acts out of line.

Give it time, their main priority is bug fixing right now, mayhaps play on another server in the meantime. It is an alpha test after all, the main goal is to test. With any alpha or beta game, expect to lose all progress at any moment and restart.
Sometimes reading forums or global chat is like reading a book called "Baby's First Game Test". Does no one understand the concept of early access alpha testing? I swear, 'some people's children...'

Return to General Discussion