Its all about the wagons!

Have a suggestion or an idea for Life is Feudal: MMO ? Post it here!

xalanger
Alpha Tester

Its all about the wagons!

Post by xalanger » 20 Feb 2014, 19:17

Hi, i was checking the game FAQ and saw that there will be some horse races that has more hp or stamina or something, all of them designed for war.

But wheres the traders horses?I mean, LiF map will be very large and it would be cool if you guys add wagons on horses.

Lets supose that Guild A is a well known trader guild that sells resources to other guilds and Guild B asked for 100 Woods. Guild A is located at the center of the map and Guild B is located 100km on north. Thats a big distance isnt it? As showed on LiF Official Developer's Stream ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SikSIRHSGI ) A player can carry 1 wood per time (and thats a good mechanic to give more realism), so why dont add wagons (That can carry 20 woods for example)to attach on horses or even carts(That can carry 5 woods for example) for players?

BTW, Me and my friends are exited for the game release on steam :)

Telakh
Alpha Tester

Re: Its all about the wagons!

Post by Telakh » 20 Feb 2014, 20:10

Hi!
Take some time to study the wiki before posting 8-)
Thank you.

Movable containers
Horses
ImageYou are entering    Time ParadoxImage

xalanger
Alpha Tester

Post by xalanger » 20 Feb 2014, 20:39

Yeah.. Sorry for the incovenience XD

DarkNeuron

Post by DarkNeuron » 20 Feb 2014, 20:54

Post away; it's not like the servers are overheating from forum-posts.

Proximo
Alpha Tester

Post by Proximo » 20 Feb 2014, 21:32

The thing about wagons is that it puts more objects into the world which could influence latencies. I'm not against having wagons and things but I want the smoothist experience possible and if you have to sacrifice world objects when you could just carry them in your inventory then I would.

Sting5

Post by Sting5 » 21 Feb 2014, 14:35

Proximo wrote:The thing about wagons is that it puts more objects into the world which could influence latencies. I'm not against having wagons and things but I want the smoothist experience possible and if you have to sacrifice world objects when you could just carry them in your inventory then I would.
You will never be able to carry same amount on Your back as You can in wagon :) I'm still curious how serious guilds will do trading for let's say... 5000 wood for 4000 stone. You will have to bring Your whole guild members to do the trade! Unless... You have a wagon! :beer:
QUAERO TOTUS

Shealladh
Alpha Tester

Post by Shealladh » 24 Feb 2014, 10:02

Proximo wrote:The thing about wagons is that it puts more objects into the world which could influence latencies. I'm not against having wagons and things but I want the smoothist experience possible and if you have to sacrifice world objects when you could just carry them in your inventory then I would.

True, but having a Guild/Town wagon for trading is better than 10 people with wheelbarrows heading across land?

To stave off latency, could you make the driver of the wagon become the big backpack carrier? So when you stop and climb down from the wagon seat, you then only create an extra item.

Return to Suggestions and Ideas