Just some thoughts

Have a suggestion or an idea for Life is Feudal: MMO ? Post it here!
Suntuz
Zealous Believer

Just some thoughts

Post by Suntuz » 09 Jan 2015, 20:52

Okay so after 1,200 hours played on this game here are some thing that might help the game succeed and maybe keep players around a little longer.

• Fix mining lag issues, this is not an issue if you are on a server that has a population of 5 players. It will take you months of play time before your load time takes more than 5 minutes but as tunnels and terraforming add up so does the load time and in-game lag. This also contributes to the demise of almost all servers with large populations, solutions on many servers are the creation of infinite piles which allow players to have infinite resources there by destroying the foraging and resource competition I believe the development team is looking for.
• Guild system: as I understand one is in development hurry please it doesn’t have to be pretty it’s in alpha we all understand, however once we are done putting up walls usually combat begins not to say it doesn’t before, the issue being we can’t tell friend from foe this leads to large engagements being chaotic at best at least flags on tops of grouped members would allow us to tell the difference and before someone says that’s unrealistic all armies carried flags and had company colors in some cases several members of the unite carried flags or distinguishing marks so they could be identified correctly.
• Battle Formations: formations should be larger so that all group members can benefit from the formation 5 guys does not constitute a shield wall. Move Out so somehow people in full plate can run faster than all animals and catch unarmored and light armored opponents this needs to be fixed. Circle formation needs a higher defensive multiplier.
• Armor and Weapons all need to be looked at specifically broad axe, war scythe, plate armor, chain and leather. Also requirements for making these and time required for example chain was historically very difficult to make not because of the knowledge required but because of how tedious of a job it was to work on the chain links especially in areas that require arm movement same for plate, which brings me to piercing weapons longsword, Estock and other need to do more piercing damage.
• Flux: needed for houses, walls, gate modules that said wooden houses and other smalls house really don’t need mortar and flux has nothing to do with making mortar I understand the construction preparation which I must admit was pretty well thought out but you shouldn’t have to put mortar into some of the smaller homes and I don’t think flux needs to be involved in the creation of mortar at all. Wooden house needs 200 building that by its self is a feat for a group of 2 or three. A thought might be to require more shaped stone in construction.
• Door Modules: If I build a keep that required 60 door modules shouldn’t it have 60 doors or binds.
• Animal Spawns: I am not sure how this can be fixed but animals that spawn in the water are a waist and there are several of these spawns on the map.

These are just something I think need a looking at I would have spent 1,200 hours on this game if I didn’t think it would be a great game it is, and hopefully will be a great MMO as well.

Lenkaxx

Re: Just some thoughts

Post by Lenkaxx » 10 Jan 2015, 00:24

I agree very strongly, 1 door require 6 flux, and most buildings require more than 1 door, locks essential for buildings and gates require more flux, steel bars require flux houses with mortar requires flux, it is very tedious, and time consuming i hope devs change this.

Return to Suggestions and Ideas