Karma Hit, avoid blue walling

Have a suggestion or an idea for Life is Feudal: MMO ? Post it here!

GrimmLiberty

Karma Hit, avoid blue walling

Post by GrimmLiberty » 26 Sep 2014, 18:08

Ok.

I like the karma system as far as it goes. However I would like to see that no matter how positive your karma is, when you do bad things, it treats you like you have 0 karma.

Call me dogmatic, but I think even pillars of the community should be held to the same or higher standard as the dregs of humanity.

:good:

Way back in the days of UO I grew tired of asshats who would blue wall you and get that free kill.... I at least can respect the reds, they don't hide who they are. ... While this is not too reflective of reality, it is the only 'policing' we have from the game itself, so I don't think it is that harsh.

Monxer

Re: Karma Hit, avoid blue walling

Post by Monxer » 26 Sep 2014, 18:27

This is honestly a really good point

Getting some brownie points shouldn't give you a get out of jail free card for murdering some poor bloke.

KilonKasio

Re: Karma Hit, avoid blue walling

Post by KilonKasio » 26 Sep 2014, 21:31

+1 But I know it is hard to implement a system that registers a "good" player doing a bad deed as a criminal.

Maybe have a timer set up so that when a player (good or bad) commits a crime, tbey have a timer kick in where said player can be assaulted/caught/killed without penalty. A system like this has been implemented with great success in EVE online. Criminals show as they are but still activate timers same as neutrals and good(er) players do when they commit the same criminal acts within certain space.

Return to Suggestions and Ideas