Keyboard, Server, and Other Help

Welcome to the Life is Feudal: MMO community! Here you can ask your basic starters questions.

Maxwell1311

Keyboard, Server, and Other Help

Post by Maxwell1311 » 14 Oct 2014, 08:38

Hey everyone! :)

I was wondering, is anyone else having problems with their keyboard? I get into the game and my keyboard seems to change (i.e: my 'Q' key will be ',', my 'M' stays 'M', 'N' is 'P' I think.) It's just a jumble of a mess.

Severs don't save my history, I can't favorite anything, and I have extreme lag even though I have the best computer around (or so I think.)

Finally, I can't mine stone or saw logs (unless you can't saw softwood) and I'm guessing you need to level up woodcutting to chop hardwood trees? Otherwise I can't do that either. I can't build anything but a fire, also.

That should be it for the problems, I think. Few, but game changing in a massive way.

Thanks! :)

Ontrose
Devoted Believer

Re: Keyboard, Server, and Other Help

Post by Ontrose » 14 Oct 2014, 10:47

Hello, i will split up your questions with 1, 2 etc...

1 Keyboard issue
-> 1 : The thing is, it might go from qwerty to qwertz or vica versa i think. There is a windows standart key kombination to trigger it, i think it is ALT + SHIFT, try it and if it doesnt change back then, google qwertz to qwerty.

2 Server issue
-> 2 The thing is, its not implementet yet. There is no history yet, or favorite. Join via friends or use the console to join.
example: joinToRemoteServer("IP:PORT","PASSWORD") or joinToRemoteServer("666.666.666.666:66666","Yeeehaw")

3 Lags
-> 3 Well, thats one question i cant really answere. Its alpha so i doubt its optimised for everything yet. Try to use different drivers (might be more helpful if i knew your PC setup...), and does it lag on "single player" too? Look for a server with -> Low Animal amount, only a few players, only few build structures etc and try it there.

4 Mining and Skills
-> 4 Well, you CANT mine stones at all. You have to use "Dig a tunnel" (or if its gravel "lower ground level" while you have a shovel equipped), and PICK equipped. (Digging needs Terraforming 60+ if i remember correctly).
Mining itself is not too hard. Search an ore vein and have fun mining. (You cant mine the ROOF or the FLOOR, you ahve to mine the sides i think).

For Wood Cutting. Forestry 60+ Lumberjacking (or what its called ^^' ) 30+ to open the CARPENTRY skill. With this you can saw out billets, boards and logs right away i think.

hopefully i could help you out a bit.

Best regards
Ontrose

Return to Newcomer Section