LIF MMO release date / Burn out?

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.

leaf16nut

LIF MMO release date / Burn out?

Post by leaf16nut » 01 Jan 2015, 19:09

I've played around 20 hours of LIF: YO, not a lot of time, but enough for me to get an understanding of the game and raise my excitement for the MMO. I stopped because the server I was on got wiped and ever since I haven't felt like playing, knowing I'll have to do it all again when the MMO comes out and I don't want to burn out before it's released.

Two part question, when is the MMO supposed to come out? Everything I've seen says December 31st 2015, but I assume that's a placeholder date.

And, are you, or do you think other people will be burnt out from playing LIF: YO?

:beer:

Tantal
Alpha Tester

Re: LIF MMO release date / Burn out?

Post by Tantal » 01 Jan 2015, 19:22

Well, answering your second question:

When you have a good group and a good and stable server (preferably with a lot of diplomacy and stuff going on outside the actual game) you will have a lot of fun with YO. I have both, and I have a lot of fun.

But also I need a break of a week or two sometimes, having played 200h, caused by myself but also because simply not all "End-game" content is implemented in the game yet.

Will this burn me out for the MMO? No! Just make a little break from time to time. The MMO will be awesome :beer:

Falcion
True Believer

Post by Falcion » 02 Jan 2015, 12:09

Also remember that in MMO you will technicly able to destroy someone (death can make your skills dissapear and they can destroy your claims).

So you might want to think about wipes like this kind of situation, where you will just have to move to a new region and start from scratch with what you were able to salvage from your previous home.

Also try to use this time to find a group, people alone in LiF will be prey. A lonely farmer with a hut will soon find himself surrounded by bandits or "nobles" that will demand a tribute for settling on their land or for protection (preferably from themself).

Find a group, learn to work as a group, get in to couple of fights.

Siegbert
Alpha Tester

Post by Siegbert » 02 Jan 2015, 13:32

leaf16nut wrote:And, are you, or do you think other people will be burnt out from playing LIF: YO?

Yes. I'm not playing it anymore. I don't feel it's worth my time.
I'm currently waiting for a more fleshed out product / the MMO installment.

Evgen

Post by Evgen » 22 Oct 2015, 13:22

When?

Arzi

Post by Arzi » 22 Oct 2015, 14:12

You must have friends to play with. I do, so i have 1.500+ hours of lif:yo. I survived 10 wipes/servers, and i keep playing with my fellows, but if you have everything done in your base, no enemies and no friends, you quit playing.

GruFF
Zealous Believer

Post by GruFF » 23 Oct 2015, 09:58

Evgen wrote:When?

MMO will be released for testing in the summer of 2016.
but the failure of YO can stop developers...

Evgen

Post by Evgen » 26 Oct 2015, 16:13

The game was designed as MMO. It is naive to believe that it will succeed without MMO part.

Lars_Knytling
Alpha Tester

Post by Lars_Knytling » 26 Oct 2015, 23:42

I hope they won't keep delaying this ad infinitum. MMO was supposed to be out this fall, no?

MeatVegetable
True Believer

Post by MeatVegetable » 27 Oct 2015, 04:23

From the roadmap they have until the end of this month to release then they will be behind schedule, however it looks like they won't have it out for a while so I would say wait for the end of the year before getting pushy I suppose.

MeatVegetable
True Believer

Post by MeatVegetable » 27 Oct 2015, 04:27

Correction they changed the roadmap so it should be released in November hopefully.

Yottskri

Post by Yottskri » 27 Oct 2015, 04:35

Lars_Knytling wrote:I hope they won't keep delaying this ad infinitum. MMO was supposed to be out this fall, no?

No

Willbonney
True Believer

Post by Willbonney » 27 Oct 2015, 04:47

There are several players in what I like to call the "Thousand Hour" club, I'm getting close with about 900 now. Some have gotten a bit burnt out like you said due to the wipes over the last year or so, and others keep trucking along. Some like me take breaks in between server wipes, and/or jump ship to other servers for a fresh start.

If you look at Steam Charts, http://steamcharts.com/app/290080#6m
you'll see that for the since July, the population of Peak Online players has stayed pretty consistent at just over 1000 players. When the Early Access was more new, November of 2014 to May 2015, we often saw numbers more in the 2-3k range. This is not abnormal at all. Gamers get tired of wipes, get interested in other titles, or just feel like moving on.

My guess for the launch of the MMO, will be roughly 5-7k players who have bought the LiF:YO game and will get their first character free, and another 5-10k new buyers (maybe more) depending on the hype generated as well as advertising. Once the early rush is over, it will all depend on how successful the launch is conducted. If done well, the playerbase will likely grow for the next 3-6 months.

If it's rocky however, it will likely stagnate and likely drop off down to the 1-3k range where only the diehards and fanbois are left, until they get the game steady. Then it all depends on their recovery methods. Some games survive a bad launch, others stifle and die out. Thankfully more independents recover from a bad launch than do so the big labels with a publisher backing them.

As for release, for LiF:YO they are saying November 2015 for final polishing before release, so I'd expect the full release of the game to be November/December of this year (2015). MMO testing will start shortly after that, I've heard March 2016 as an estimated date for closed Alpha testers. The recent AMA with Bobik: ama-with-bobik-on-twitch-t15166/page10/
MMO testing is expected March 2016, no date for the official MMO yet. Alpha tester will have early access to the MMO test.

Reese
Alpha Tester

Post by Reese » 27 Oct 2015, 07:53

Willbonney is the most accurate. He wins. The roadmap is for the YO version of the game.ITS expected release date is November.

Testing for the MMO is said to begin later.

Blackberrygoo

Post by Blackberrygoo » 23 Nov 2015, 09:57

August 2016 I believe is the new delayed date , but things change so often in game development let's just assume it's not known . But I have to say this : I would muchh rather have pre alpha tested the MMO than have two seperate games .. I'm very grateful for LiF:YO but I'm also skeptical about its release in the state it was in and how the MMO will be in comparison because as far as im concerned , MMO version should just be a bigger map with more players and animals and better performance with slightly on par graphics . So IMO ,LiF:YO almost seemed liked a step that just wasted time as we could be playing an almost equally buggy pre alpha of an MMO by now if they didn't focus on YO first .. But if the player cap were to get to 100 on my server and all the constant crashes and texture glitches were fixed (still having them on my PC , but I put in a mantis ticket , hopefully it's resolved), then this would definitely not be a wasted step , but the constant spam refreshing to get into my home server , all the crashes (up to 4 per session) and texture glitches all over my camp, and some other things that are buggy make me feel as if this was just a rushed product so that we could stay attentive to the MMO .

Regardless I'm still loving the game as most of my quarrels can be patched out and half of them have already (those horrible UI issues with it disappearing and changing colors when multiple windows were open) since the release date , I just hope to see the rest parched up and maybe a patch for optimization or whatever it is that allows us to have 100 players on our server (64 seems too little , especially when people know which servers are reliable and choose those ones only, making them packed to the brim every day).

Koror

Post by Koror » 24 Feb 2016, 10:36

Hi everybody :)
sorry I do not speak English very well I'll try to do my best

I play from the first day of its release in LIF: YO (550 hours to play)

and I expect the MMO from the start, the game drew me completely, so when they announced the release of the MMO for summer 2016 (beta)
I immediately told my community to be close to its output

Problem:
How do I register for the beta?

Pls answer me: koror.lantern@gmail.com
(only if you are sure of your answer )

Khan-
Zealous Believer

Post by Khan- » 24 Feb 2016, 10:57

answer by mail with :

i'm totally sure, and this is from Bobik himself, the lead producer of the game

closed MMO beta starts in march, no one can join
few weeks after, OPEN MMO beta starts, then, everybody that has LiF:YO can join the beta

they will wipe the MMO server several times for testing and stability
100% French speaking alliance of Royaume Franc : http://lifeisfeudal-fr.com/
Les Témoins de Mérovée Site - Forum - Me contacter

Evgen

Post by Evgen » 05 Mar 2016, 07:06

Hurry up Bobik and team! The Black Death MMO is coming...

NimRodelle

Post by NimRodelle » 05 Mar 2016, 09:58

Some news would be great obviously.

It's worth pointing out that The Black Death is going to be a survival game more in the vain of ARK/RUST, which server population below 100, and a map that is sized appropriately.

As a former EVE/Perpetuum player, I'm really excited by the possibility of the server pop (~10k) and map size (441km^2).

Krazzi

Post by Krazzi » 05 Mar 2016, 11:37

I just hope the beta isn't another thing to get delayed.

Hoshiqua
Alpha Tester

Post by Hoshiqua » 05 Mar 2016, 11:57

We were told on the private alpha testers forum that we (the alpha testers with dat shiny yellow name :D) will be let on the MMO servers approximately end of this month, BUT IT IS NOT SET IN STONE. DO NOT EXPECT ANYTHING TO HAPPEN. It's the best thing to do. Just be a bit more patient guys, we're almost there :)

Blackberrygoo

Post by Blackberrygoo » 05 Mar 2016, 15:56

Any news on the MMO ? I've officially burnt out on the LIF YO , too many bugs and too many crappy servers and abusive GMs .... the game had a good idea but unfortunately it wasn't executed correctly . So after 700 hours of LIFYO im throwing in the towel and waiting for what should hopefully be a much better and well thought out game .

Edit : just saw the post above me , I'm sure it won't be released this month but at least it's being talked about .

NimRodelle

Post by NimRodelle » 05 Mar 2016, 17:41

Hoshiqua wrote:We were told on the private alpha testers forum that we (the alpha testers with dat shiny yellow name :D) will be let on the MMO servers approximately end of this month, BUT IT IS NOT SET IN STONE. DO NOT EXPECT ANYTHING TO HAPPEN. It's the best thing to do. Just be a bit more patient guys, we're almost there :)

You danged old alpha testers, with your insider information, and your yellow names. You think you're better than us white-named folk.

Ishamael
Alpha Tester

Post by Ishamael » 05 Mar 2016, 18:44

Well, after over 1000 hours and several bug reports, I sure think I am at least.
"Yes, Betrayer of Hope. They gave me the name to revile me, but I will yet make them kneel and worship it."
—Ishamael

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain.

Evgen

Post by Evgen » 05 Mar 2016, 20:34

Good news
Let's rename this thread in "LIF MMO Beta launch/ somewhere in March"

Azazavr

Post by Azazavr » 09 Mar 2016, 07:02

Can't wait :beer:

Laertes
Devoted Believer

Post by Laertes » 09 Mar 2016, 16:35

I´ve got no Problem to wait as long as I see some progress time by time. So I´ve got enough time to play out my 3rd K of hours in YO :D

And there´s also no need to be yellownamed for reporting bugs (sometimes it would be nice to know, if an issue is a bug or not).

So everyone who find a bug and reports it on mantis (if it´s not yet known there) imho is a kind of tester. No matter if it´s called Alpha-, Beta-, Gamma- or Omega- ...

WorldEdit
True Believer

Post by WorldEdit » 12 Mar 2016, 16:13

Evgen wrote:Good news
Let's rename this thread in "LIF MMO Beta launch/ somewhere in March"

:ROFL:

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis » 16 Mar 2016, 10:53

I can, but I don't want to wait no longer :x .
Don't wanna play LIFYO because of mentioned reasons. Now I'll have to play something else .... (first world problem)

Return to General Discussion