LiF Now Unplayable

Have some feedback for Life is Feudal? Post it here!
Psyth

LiF Now Unplayable

Post by Psyth » 17 Nov 2015, 23:54

Same as everyone else. Graphical errors, Crashes, etc.

-Tried fresh install (programmer, so yes it was done correctly)
-Tried graphic tweaks
-Tried multiple GUP's including GTX TITAN X 12G-P4-2992-KR 12GB SC GAMING
-Tried server tweaks
-Tried multiple servers

Nothing has fixed this issue.

Also, there are conflicts with the game issues and supporting crash logs. If we're experiencing graphical errors and bugs, no crash report is generated to send. Trying to manually load the crash report.exe, has not worked for most users, hence your not getting sufficient data regarding issues.

-GTX TITAN X 12G-P4-2992-KR 12GB SC GAMING
-GTX 980 (physics dedicated)
-64GB RAM
-1TB SSD
-Windows 10
-Intel Core i7-4790K Devil’s Canyon Quad-Core 4.0 GHz LGA 1150
-ASUS SABERTOOTH Z97 MARK 1/USB 3.1 LGA 1150 Intel Z97 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.1 ATX Intel Motherboard

If this machine isn't running LiF, it's a game issue that is NOT client side.

Arrakis

Re: LiF Now Unplayable

Post by Arrakis » 18 Nov 2015, 01:57

Sadly we are experiencing some problems and we are working to fix those issues. It would be of great use to us if you'd manage to salvage some of your logs and send them via mantis bugtracker with all the details, including your pc specs. All data will be very helpful.

BlackDeath01
Devoted Believer

Post by BlackDeath01 » 18 Nov 2015, 04:21

ok i dont have titans x etc but i have good pc like titan black 16 gb ram i7 4790 still same problems graphic errors like red bars on screen,trees glitching everything glitch sometimes on graphic issues menus,bars,etc.Hope you guys fix them up.i also did fresh install,deleted everything to related lif.

Thugonought
Zealous Believer

Post by Thugonought » 18 Nov 2015, 05:00

same problem. graphics turning red. menus disapearing.

I have a geforce 660gtx in a I7 pc.

Farttool

Post by Farttool » 18 Nov 2015, 05:39

Not sure if this'll help any or if this even matters but a couple of my friends have been having similar issues they're running nvidea hardware in there machines while I haven't been having these issues running amd hardware. Don't know if that really matters for the issues that are occurring but i thought it might help to mention that.

Malaky
True Believer

Post by Malaky » 18 Nov 2015, 07:06

Same here - amd and except 2 server timeouts no real issues. Only black texture on ground on plowed soil (not whole field - just on 1 tile). Only like 3 bours of play for now. Today after work ill be able to test it more so well see.

Thugonought
Zealous Believer

Post by Thugonought » 18 Nov 2015, 12:19

I rebooted my machine and this seems to have sorted the issue of red graphics and the rest. I played for 90 minutes no problems so far. I'm thinking the old LiF which was played before the new one was conflicting the graphics card. I'm not sure but the reboot has helped I think

Psyth

Post by Psyth » 18 Nov 2015, 14:20

Farttool wrote:Not sure if this'll help any or if this even matters but a couple of my friends have been having similar issues they're running nvidea hardware in there machines while I haven't been having these issues running amd hardware. Don't know if that really matters for the issues that are occurring but i thought it might help to mention that.

That's one thing that I do not know about. I've always used Nvidia as well as all the other guys in our clan. So I have no info regarding AMD's performance.

Some thing that have come to mind though; how exactly did the Dev's test the Release Version? I knew that there would be issues moving from DX9 to DX11; but what I'm wondering, if these issues aren't client side, are these Server providers machines capable of running LiF efficiently? Most SP's use pretty standard equipment. I could be wrong, but LiF is one of the first to use a true sandbox model on the DX11 visual system with this particular type of game engine.

Either way, what the Dev's are doing here is essentially ground breaking in a few different area. So a lot of these errors are new and patches will take a good bit of devoted work and time to resolve. Moving into DX11, with it being still very new, there is no sufficient quick link to resolve compatibility issues. You can't say, "Okay, I have this, this and this error. How do I fix it?" We are still in the early phases of DX11 / Win10 discovery.

And yes, I will submit all available logs when generated. I've done multiple tweaks and installs, etc. So, let me run the game as is from the Release Version so that you have a realistic report on where these issues are. It's great that the community is submitting error info to the Developer, but unmodified details would be most helpful. Run the game as is from a fresh install, and with those logs that are generated, it will be a bit easier to pinpoint problem. And I'm not referring to tweaking in game settings. Most of us gamers, have sufficient knowledge that we take it upon ourselves to tweak our personal machines to try and force a game to work. < That only makes things more difficult for the Dev's, should we have to submit Error reports, logs, etc.

If all else fails, and you must play now, recover your Alpha game files, reinstall and find a server that's still running the Alpha. There are hundreds still operating from the last know version that worked.

Schweinebauch

Post by Schweinebauch » 18 Nov 2015, 20:26

I know that I might not be the most important person, but my performance also went down with the new d11 version. Might be that it went down earlier - no clue. Said that I might not be that important, cause Im playing on a laptop. i5-4200M with intel hd 4600, 8gb RAM. I know that this machine is not supposed to be a gaming-pc, even though life is feudal always did it on lowest settings at ~25fps. Now Im at around 5-10 and its basically unplayable. Im sad and hoping that the release wont stay this way! I realized that I cant disable at least one graphic option (anisotropic filter). Maybe thats eating my PC ^^

LG

Return to Feedback Section