Mah Digger!

Have some feedback for Life is Feudal? Post it here!

GnarlyGnome
Zealous Believer

Mah Digger!

Post by GnarlyGnome » 18 Dec 2016, 01:19

So ive been diggin alot like gnomes do, heres a few issues i came across..

Firstly when your digging down to try and get around some ore you've found and get the maximum out of the space/time/path i've noticed a problem between barriers *soil to stone*. when the stone is just barely in the floor tile your digging into say .1 or .2 (idk i didn't actually see the stone on the wall face just floor when done and was receiving slight stone on dig so may have been -.1 or so) and your digging downwards, the ceiling will be slanted but the floor will not be. This can can allow you to see through the world and is a bit cramped and scary. has happened twice to me in the same mine; i decided to dig around instead of continue each time.

Also i tried to dig near a clay pit to dig deeper for higher quality as well as focus on digging instead of just artisan in the process of building construction. but after breaking thru the clay, when i dig the clay wall it gives me fertile soil, so you have to just shovel and wait to do digging at another time... :evil:

Also ive noticed when cooking meat/stick on your campfire sometimes it extinguishes the fire and you have to extinguish and relight then you can cook again *i got around it by producing instead of mass producing and it stayed lit but friend could not do this* was just curious if this was related to; having/not a cooking pot, quality/type of billets in fire, fire duribility low*was told this but doubt*, or if its a bug.

And what about possibly allowing a dig down on floor tiles *straight down* and adding ladders? :beer:

GnarlyGnome
Zealous Believer

Re: Mah Digger!

Post by GnarlyGnome » 20 Dec 2016, 03:20

heres another example of mine failure

https://gyazo.com/3e8f6a7232aca175adec5da3d2f840ee

here i misaligned my entrance that caved in repeatedly and i had never reinforced the stone (you can see the stone sliver far left corner) .. when the stone finally caved in i was going to attempt to recover the shaft to save the deeper section with reinforcement.

https://gyazo.com/444ad19a3e8d1c946410d7d627107005

the last reinforced section you see here i dug forward. After it opened i decided to go deeper and tunneled the floor downward.. this worked until i tunneled forward the next section.. this resulted in a 2/3 size flat shaft. (i think this happened because the new section was trying to connect to a sloped roof on start of the lineup but since the roof was flat it flattened out at the sloped center level, had i dug this sloped downwards i think the ceiling would have been a little higher)

i then decided to try and downward slope the block past the midget tunnel which resulted in a pit instead of sloped floor with sloped ceiling (attached shaft to roof 1st so the floor was deeper than the floor slope ratio so the floor slope just went flat) 8-)

Dug around it

hope this helps

Daynosdenory

Re: Mah Digger!

Post by Daynosdenory » 02 Mar 2017, 13:58

I recently had the same kind of issue.

I have also been unable to align the entrance of my mine with the ground around. I always have a little wall on the border of the mine, and I'm unable to change ground level.

On my test world, I tried in GM mode 3 mines, digging forward, up, down... None was aligned with the previously flatten ground around

On my "real" server, I had to put some Stone Slab to be able to enter/exit my mine.

Return to Feedback Section