Make Quivers equippable on your hand

Have a suggestion or an idea for Life is Feudal: MMO ? Post it here!

UnAVA

Make Quivers equippable on your hand

Post by UnAVA » 08 Jan 2015, 23:13

The reason behind this is for future concerns regarding the Pavise. The pavise is a shield that is basically a large wooden board that Archers use to create a temporary cover. This skill is already in the Combat Preparation Lvl 90, although you can't place it as of this moment. Now this will become a bit of a problem since shields can only be equipped on the back. Bows and XBows also can only be equipped on the back. Quivers can only be equipped on the back.

So how are you suppose to use the Pavise while playing as an archer when this skill is actually implemented? Are you expected to requip your quiver/Arrow every single time you want to place a Pavise? Wouldn't that be a bit inconvenient? Obviously holding the Pavise on your hand will be a bit awkward, as well as holding bows and quivers on your hands. So here I suggest to make quivers equippable on your hand, since that is not that uncommon, although it is a minority.

Chiefton

Re: Make Quivers equippable on your hand

Post by Chiefton » 09 Jan 2015, 12:37

I totally agree that you should be able to put arrows in one of the hand spots, or if anything, they could design it to were once you get Combat Prep. unlocked, there is a designated, newly formed slot on your pack for the sheild. :Yahoo!:

Tantal
Alpha Tester

Post by Tantal » 09 Jan 2015, 12:47

I also think that quivers should be allowed in the hand slots... because they can be carrierd there in real, too. Btw, there can be carried smaller bows, too.

But one has to keep in mind the big idea behind the limitation of the quiver slots: Now you cannot carry a shield and a bow at once, which is kind of reasonable for the balancing of combat.

UnAVA

Post by UnAVA » 09 Jan 2015, 19:22

I understand its a balance issue, but its strange to have a skill that is made for bow users that allows you to deploy a shield (Combat Preparation Pavise) on the ground ( hence you probably have to be holding it before that ), while you can't equip bows/quivers/shields at the same time, which is why I made this topic.

Orthe

Post by Orthe » 11 Jan 2015, 14:39

Just a side note, Those aren't hand spots. They are Hip Spots.

Azzerhoden
Alpha Tester

Post by Azzerhoden » 11 Jan 2015, 15:46

Based on current mechanics, Crossbow bolts would not break balance if placed on the hip, and given that bolts are not as long as arrows, is realistic.

Arrows however, should only ever be on the back. Yes, it is damn inconvenient, but is also good for balance.
| - Alpha Tester and Zealous Believer

Kingdom of Hyperion founding Duchy - A practical RP Community est. 1999 - Apply Today!

Azumazi

Post by Azumazi » 11 Jan 2015, 23:54

Azzerhoden wrote:Based on current mechanics, Crossbow bolts would not break balance if placed on the hip, and given that bolts are not as long as arrows, is realistic.

Arrows however, should only ever be on the back. Yes, it is damn inconvenient, but is also good for balance.

Erm, depends on the crossbow and the bow to be honest. Most bow users of the age kept their quiver on their hip or they placed the arrows in the ground in front of them. It's far easier to draw from their hip than from their back.

Now, hunters kept them on their back as they were easier to move around with as it is a large item and it made a lot of noise. Armies did not follow this practice. So being able to have it on either slot is realistic.

That is more commonly how they were worn, or slightly behind them so that when they drew the bow, it did not catch the draw.

Willbonney
True Believer

Post by Willbonney » 12 Jan 2015, 00:44

Edited because someone else previously pointed out there are no "hand" equip slots, other than those for gloves. Weapons are equipped only on back and hip.

In the past there have been many posts on actual quivers, not just the magical quiver you get by equipping arrows/bolts, but a true ammo bag. If this comes about, I'd like to see it that if you don't have a quiver equipped with arrows inside it, you are only able to carry one arrow at a time. I would also like to see it made so that reloading a quiver with arrows from your inventory takes time, 2-4 seconds based on some skill.

Hip style "battle quivers" I would like to see have more of a carrying capacity. Around 20 arrows would be realistic as the one shown above. But they should also increase the amount of noise you make when you move, by quite a lot.

"Hunting Quivers" realistically are placed on the back, but also have less capacity due to how they hold the arrows close, to prevent moving around and making noise. Personally the quiver I use to hunt is a modern style 7 arrow quiver, but I do not see an issue where that couldn't be the ammo count now.

Return to Suggestions and Ideas