MMO Tests - Interactive FAQ

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.
Khan-
Zealous Believer

Re: MMO Tests - Interactive FAQ

Post by Khan- » 27 Feb 2017, 20:09

440. What do you plan for the piety skill ? with the huge cooldown on the homecoming prayer (which is not a bad thing) it's pretty impossible to reach 30 for the alignment prayer...
  • Answer: Piety is supposed to take some time to raise and later on we plan to add another layer of game logic on piety (cardinals, Pope etc). We will review piety skill gain and maybe it will be tweaked.
100% French speaking alliance of Royaume Franc : http://lifeisfeudal-fr.com/
Les Témoins de Mérovée Site - Forum - Me contacter

PadreDenk
Beta Tester

Post by PadreDenk » 27 Feb 2017, 21:44

441. My dear devs. I have a little question for you. How do you think, is it normal that trees are not even middle size after 3 weeks of grow. This is :evil:
It is cool that you want to make it more realistic, but it is tooooooooooo long, really tooooooooo long.
I'm from server 12.

And we still have no information about time of its grow in different zones.
  • Answer: We need to double check it. But with a dry climate, trees will grow significantly slower, that's true.

Khan-
Zealous Believer

Post by Khan- » 28 Feb 2017, 06:27

442. ETA for the very specific guild permissions like it is described in the wiki 'from Bobik source' when it says we can let only a "A" person to have access to a "A" chest, or a "A+B+C" people access to warehouse "Z" ?
https://lifeisfeudal.gamepedia.com/Claim
Guild Claim Permission System

Each claim will allow extensive modification of permissions for guild members set by the guild leader:

Group titles and group permissions (For example: "Gate Guard" title, assigned to Player1, Player2, Player3. "Gate Guard" has ability to open gates.)
Individual rights to specific objects and/or permissions (For example: Player1 is sole player with access rights to House1. Player2 is sole player with access rights to House2 and House3, and may terraform.)

• Answer: We are working on it, but it's doubtful that we will be able to release it at the current beta test run :(

Camil199197
Zealous Believer

Post by Camil199197 » 01 Mar 2017, 17:07

443. Will "Hold your ground!" from formation effect the Cavalryman too?

Will they get the knockback buff too while riding?
  • Answer: Nope, they will not.

Yodamester
True Believer

Post by Yodamester » 01 Mar 2017, 19:57

444. Do you plan to change the needed skill for longbow? I am using it and at the moment to use it effectively you need 60 strength and 60 agility. With this setup you can't spend enough point to constitution to be carpenter. To build gate modul you need enough constitution to hold the neded materials. I think it's not fair that you penalise only carpenter job with it. What do you think?
  • Answer: We think that life is feudal :) On a serious note, if we switch stats, some other crafting profession will be at a similar disadvantage.

LordTimppa
True Believer

Post by LordTimppa » 05 Mar 2017, 09:28

445. MMO and farming on server 43 to 49. Is it true that crops wont grow at all? Trees do grow but wheat and flax?
  • Answer: They should, but quite slow and only in a limited period of time - summer is very short, almost non-existent there.

Camil199197
Zealous Believer

Post by Camil199197 » 05 Mar 2017, 22:31

446. What does "Luck" actually increase in combat? Could you give us more specific details please.
  • Answer: It affects some stagger and KD chances, bleeding and other side effects of weapons.

Arzi

Post by Arzi » 06 Mar 2017, 18:59

447. Hey, i think the current whistle system, to detect enemies inside claim, is a little weird. Would be possible to implement a "dog house" which emits a loud dog's bark inside a radius of effect when an enemy approaches? It would be more realistic, instead of currently constant whistling around. It would consume meat to work, of course.
  • Answer: Bell towers are our answer ;)

Scratchit
True Believer

Post by Scratchit » 06 Mar 2017, 22:37

448. 3 questions :

a) Is there anything you can do for the all the bugs that make us lose horses?
  • Answer: We find and fix them. Even today we expect another fix patch that should help with some cases of this issue.
b) Is there any advice you can give us that will help us not lose so many horses?
  • Answer: Travel between servers on foot.
c) If you can not fix these bugs, or at least fix that we don't lose the horses when we have these bugs, maybe you could increase the availability of the horses ?
  • Answer: Not an option, we'd better fix those bugs faster under the pressure of your reports.
My stable had 4 horses that I went out and got by taming wild horses. They were all male, so I took a horse to go looking for a female, and I lost it, same thing happened for the other 3.

I lost 4 horses looking for one more horse !!!!

It's not only crossing server borders, I was careful to slow down when I got close, but I lost all those horses for other bugs.

Borzol
Beta Tester

Post by Borzol » 08 Mar 2017, 12:36

449. Currently in MMO is copper in great quantities but there is almoust no use for it. Are you planning to change it and if yes how do you want to change it?
  • Answer: There is no final decision yet. We planned to lower its amounts slightly and keep it for the player's owned currency minting process.

Khan-
Zealous Believer

Post by Khan- » 08 Mar 2017, 15:16

450. In the personal claim managing window, we can see "god's favor", how will it be used ?
  • Answer: It is not a final decision yet, but we planned to let players use it if they want to grow their claim above a certain size.

Sharana
Beta Tester

Post by Sharana » 08 Mar 2017, 16:03

451: Have you considered visual (even for ingame money) bonus for grandmasters? For example if you have 100 forging and buy it you will be able to mark your names on all weapons that you craft. It's visual stuff only anyway and it shouldn't be so rare as now, not to mention it's just random.
  • Answer: Well, we planned to spend some time on special cosmetic items for GMs along with a current ability to set yourself a title.

Mryuan
Beta Tester

Post by Mryuan » 09 Mar 2017, 12:33

452.when will the monster NPC come in to test? this month ?? or the next month ??
  • Answer: Probably shortly after the start of Wave#2 (Open Beta tests)

Veda
Beta Tester

Post by Veda » 10 Mar 2017, 16:32

453. When we get some info about stone/granite walls towers ? Tiles on the ground for the drawbridge(s) ?
  • Answer: Soon™
Thx

Darkdraco59
True Believer

Post by Darkdraco59 » 11 Mar 2017, 17:54

454.when we craft ordinary armor we have plan to do heavy armor but the regional ressource needed is random, have you considered to have a better chance/% to have the plan for the regional ressource related to our position. (build in regions rocky plains 10%chance more to have rocky plains plan than other)
  • Answer: Regional resources system is intended to require random resources that are OUTSIDE of your area, that should force you to travel/raid/trade/whatever in order to obtain those resources.
Drayck: (rp)Sataniste du groupe :evil:

Samuray1987
True Believer

Post by Samuray1987 » 13 Mar 2017, 09:25

455. Few questions
a) At what time do you plan the third stage of testing?
  • Answer: April (probably 2nd part).
b) What are the terms of the third stage?
  • Answer: Same as previous 2 testing waves.
c) Will there be an NPC in the third stage?
  • Answer: Hopefully on a newbie island.
d) Will there be any trade at the third stage?
  • Answer: In an alpha stage. Aka some bugs and issues, but generally working.
e) Will there be judging hours or days in the third stage?
  • Answer: If servers stability will be adequate enough - we will organize some JHs.

Saar
Zealous Believer

Post by Saar » 13 Mar 2017, 11:17

456. Any roadmap schedule?
Horse drawn cart? Castle wall? Lore update?

Natives are schedule for after the release, no? I'm quite sure I'had see this information somewhere but I'm not able to find it again. :beer:
  • Answer: Horse carts are still being developed, castle walls will take some time, lore should be ready in 2-3 weeks. And yeah, natives will be after the start of open beta tests.

Zennoya
Alpha Tester

Post by Zennoya » 14 Mar 2017, 17:05

457. Are You planning to change map or at least location of underground resources after Wipe at Wave #2 ? A lot of people searching gold/silver veins now, just to know their locations after wipe.
  • Answer: We will shuffle the resources at the end of Wave #1.

Brother

Post by Brother » 18 Mar 2017, 16:48

458. It seems from the 3d model of the new castle walls that the draw bridges will be part of the gate assets. Just curious if stone gatehouses will also have drawbridges eventually.
  • Answer: I don't think so so far. The idea is, that stone walls are something in between the palisade and big castle walls. So stone walls should not be that awesome as big Castle walls, yet they should be better than wooden/palisade walls.
Thanks!

WestArcher

Post by WestArcher » 18 Mar 2017, 17:44

459. Playing a bit more off of 449 in regards to copper, I know you said there's not final decision yet but are there any speculations as to add copper tools or weapons via from a furnace via casting or etc and if so will it have upgrades like bronze or something similar to iron/vor/steel?

Aside: It might be more trouble than it's worth. Model assets, Resource assets, and balancing to keep it as an interesting/viable alternative to iron line tools would also be difficult, But it would make sense and give us something to do with the copper and early access to non-primitive tools pre forging 30. Honestly if this ever does become a thing I wouldn't expect it until much later as it's not really a priority plus based on your previous answer I'm probably getting way ahead of myself
  • Answer: Exactly. So far it doesn't seem that adding some upgrade system utilizing copper will add that much of value to the gameplay. While development efforts will be quite significant.
460. How do you feel about the homecoming skill, will it eventually be deleted/replaced/changed with something that makes a bit more sense. ie: show the way home rather than teleport?
  • Answer: That is a tough question. Maybe we will even make another "Feudal democracy" voting round. Thing is, that homecoming kinda removes one traveling opportunity from the player, that makes him fetch some goods/gold safe to his house. That is kinda ruining our constant danger gameplay mechanics. On the other hand, it is SO TEDIOUS to come back home from a place you have visited before. I mean, traveling to some distant place, meeting some people, animals, cities, and villages are an interesting activity. but doing that in a reverse order and meeting everything the same once again is not that fun anymore. And homecoming is also a good tool if you get lost, stuck or just need to log out in a safe place ASAP because you got to go somewhere in real life. That is why we're still undecided what to do with a homecoming.

Sharana
Beta Tester

Post by Sharana » 20 Mar 2017, 19:44

461. Copper in YO will always be a problem. In the MMO it can be used for vost. steel and as mentioned coins in the future. But that's endgame while copper is something that you find and mine early game. In YO it's even unassessable, because this endgame isn't reached. Will you consider making some changes for the YO version at least like the ability to make low quality nails and bands (for containers early on) from copper, or both games will always stay with the same vanalla settings?
  • Answer: We should consider some changes about copper both for MMO and YO. But that is definitely not our priority at the moment.
462. The teleporting is badly affecting the gameplay in two ways:
1) The mentioned trading - you can just go to the traders post, buy stuff and teleport home instead of carrying it on the dangerous map. This might be solved by changing the teleport that you take only what's on you (weapons, armors), but everything in the inventory like food, horse and trading goods drop in a bag on the ground. That shouldn't be so hard to implement, but the other point is more complex.
2) It happened more then once - players teleport back to defend their lands. They are out there raiding, but as soon as someone closes on their own claim they can just teleport servers away and defend. Do you see that as bad use of the mechanic also and will adding something like the resurrection sickness debuff help in this case?
  • Answer: Good ideas, though quite complex to implement in the given amount of time. As I've mentioned before, we'll do something with homecoming, although we don't have any specifics plans yet.
463. Can you clarify on the instanced battles system? We know about the field battles in order to damage the monument, but in the past it was explained that the siege itself will happen on the MMO map. Lately it was said that this will be part of the instanced battle system. If that's really the case how are you going to set the players limits? Field battle with even numbers (like 100 vs 100) is fair and interesting. But even siege sounds like bad idea - the defenders have lots of advantages anyway, even numbers sound like almost unwinnable if the defenses are prepared good. Not to mention that if it came to a siege the defenders already lost lots of field battles, will be strange if they have even numbers after that also.
  • Answer: Well, obviously IF we will have sieges in an instanced environment, we will allow x2-x4 numbers advantage for attackers. As about if sieges will be on the main MMO map or in the instanced server - as I've mentioned it always - it all depends on the performance of our servers. We don't want lagging sieges - nobody likes them.

WestArcher

Post by WestArcher » 20 Mar 2017, 22:56

Here is the beauty in whole interactive FAQ thing, really neato stuff

464: Playing on my last question (460) and on Sharanas question (462). If the issues with getting stuck in mines were solved (overburdened/unable to drop soil/ore and cannot escape), and once the handling on transportation vehicles are polished up (wheelbarrow/cart/etc) and buffed them somewhat to carry ores/dirt/logs/possibly virtualized furniture and someday when the horse drawn carts are implemented do you think some of the points you brought up regarding it being tedious or unfun would be remedied?
  • Answer: TBH I don't think that mentioned problems are the main reason for a tedious/unfun gameplay. Some players force themselves to grind, because they set ambitious goals for themselves. Since those goals are significant, of course, the cannot be achieved in 5 minutes. So players willingly put themselves into a grind and boredom. I don't think we can change that situation. The only way to change it would be to turn our game into an instant cookie cutter type of game, that you play for a couple of hours - receive a lot of fun and quickly discard in the end. That is obviously not our way.
Spoiler

Sorry for the excessively long post, such a simple issue has a lot of complex implications.
There's merit to both keeping the teleport and removing it, it's hard to say which is the better choice.

another feudal democracy might be good but not before all the vehicles are at a good point of polish and implementation.
I just wanted to know what you fellows thought about the homecoming skill. In the end all that matters is that the issue is simply brought up and your team makes whatever decisions most closely follows their vision.

Spoiler

Hallegra
Beta Tester

Post by Hallegra » 25 Mar 2017, 21:11

465: Any plans to change pikes to allow for some movement while using them? The current system does add excessive vulnerability to anything but a horse. A pikeman has to ready their weapon very early to prepare for a horse charge, giving easy shots to ranged opponents. I am curious if, in-game, there has ever been a successful fight with X pikemen vs X lancers. For a class dedicated entirely to stopping cavalry, their success rate seems extremely low. On the other hand, cavalry are able to attack infantry, archers, and other cavalry successfully.
  • Answer: We want to see how pike infantry will perform in MMO large scale battles/in instanced battles.
466: I have seen mention of formation reworks around the forums. Will 'hold ground' be a viable solution to a cavalry charge? As in, would a 5-man shieldwall using hold ground be able to stop a charging horse or not be knocked down?
  • Answer: Yes, we plan to rework it this way.
467: Currently, a dismounted horseman is vulnerable for maybe three seconds before being able to remount, even in the middle of an enemy infantry formation. In addition, there is no delay between pressing E to mount and being able to gallop away. As soon as you hit the button to mount your horse and during the "pull up" animation, your horse is in motion. Are there plans to increase the vulnerability of a dismounted horseman? IE: unmounted horses that are hit run away, are stealable, can be held in place?
  • Answer: Infantry that is blocking horse way should be able to stop it.
468: At this point in time, trebuchets take up a single tile of space despite being large enough actually occupy a roughly 3x3 square. Are there any plans to increase the foundation size of trebuchets?
  • Answer: We don't want to require extensive terraforming activities to place one trebuchet, that is why it requires only 1 tile.

REATKOM
True Believer

Post by REATKOM » 25 Mar 2017, 22:41

Hi!
469. I think that respawn should be disabled during the JH. It's unfair that people can die and respawn several times to protect their bases.
JH should be a real life simulator where you are absolutely mortal and you must care about your life, like in a similar situation in real life. Debuff after respawn is not enought, you can shoot a bow from your wall, die, respawn and shoot again. Judgment hour is a real war. If you die, you should be inactive till the end of JH. Attackers will better consider the plan of attack, defenders will think 10 times before engage in melee fight, peaceful players will suspend hunting and scouting and hide behind their walls - like in real life. What you think about that?
  • Answer: JH in MMO is a temporary solution until we have a proper battle and siege systems enabled. In battle there will be only one "life" - you will be kicked out of the instance once you die. In a siege system, we might implement some kind of a longer debuff, or a debuff with an increasing intensity.
I have a few questions about craft system:
for example a training sword, for craft you need a linen rope that is a middle-tier component. (it takes a lot of time and many professions to create it). why not simplify the craft of elementary things? Two people will not be able to craft these wooden weapons, and they will not be able to increase the skill of swords to use them, it's logical to use a low-tier component (Wild plant fiber), thereby allowing 2-3 friends to play and develop fully. There are many such examples where a high-tier ingredient is required for a simple thing, you can also make a started craft more accessible, so that 2 people without a re-training could craft simple things It's very strange when we were craft an iron axe, but we could not use it without having a wooden axe, which requires much more time, studied professions and ingredients.
  • Answer: Since practice weapons do not inflict much damage, though provide a skill raise of an according weapon mastery we decided to make them a bit expensive, so training by itself will be a bit more expensive and not that easily acquirable. But we might discuss it internally and revise it.

Khan-
Zealous Believer

Post by Khan- » 26 Mar 2017, 11:00

471. In instanced battlefields, you said you'd like to limit the gap between the armies with a ratio of 1:3.
Will you let players to decide to let only one of their warriors enter this battlefield, trying to kill the 3 ennemy warrions ? or will you put a minimum limit ?
  • Answer: We will have some kind of a minimum limit of course. If some guild failed to supply at least 5-10 people to protect itself, it deserves to be zerged by a bigger amount of troops and lose some monument support/level/influence.

Hallegra
Beta Tester

Post by Hallegra » 26 Mar 2017, 20:36

472: Currently, the lif wiki puts the guild claim sizes as the following:
T1: 30 tiles in diameter
T2: 50 tiles in diameter
T3: 100 tiles in diameter
T4: 150 tiles in diameter

However, later sections of the same page say the town claim, assumed to have the same rules as current guild claims, will have a diameter of 70 tiles with a T1 monument. I understand that realm claims are unrelated here, so which piece of information is correct. Will town claims have a consistent size of 70 tiles for the town or will it have the 30/50/100/150 sizing?
  • Answer: Town claims will never grow up and will stay the same as T1 monument radius. While country claim will grow with each monument level (T1 monument just don't have country claim yet).

Wllstrt75
Zealous Believer

Post by Wllstrt75 » 26 Mar 2017, 23:37

473. I really do hope you plan on fixing the home aspect of the game. Being able to teleport home ruins many possible conflict/control points in the game.

Trade routes(also needs horse drawn carts) should be a point of protection for guild pvpers, which will also provide content for said pvpers. Being able to just teleport home after completeing a trade is lazy(dev side) and boring. Allies and trade partners need to or should need to protect trade routes and enemies should want to attack trade routes. This also helps develop a proper player run economy. This should be a must for the developers.

474. You mentioned if for both instanced and mmo map seiges? Is that an either or if? Or is ir a we may not be having seiges if? Or is it well we will do a JH seige mechanic on mmo? These are important clarifications and a source of concern as we go through beta stages with no seige mechanic except poorly timed JH's.

The IF you say is a bit of a pullback from the advertised seige mechanics you all laid out when promoting the game FYI.
  • Answer: We plan to have instanced battles. We're not sure about instanced or main map Sieges yet.

Azzerhoden
Alpha Tester

Post by Azzerhoden » 27 Mar 2017, 20:08

Sharana wrote:462. The teleporting is badly affecting the gameplay in two ways:
1) The mentioned trading - you can just go to the traders post, buy stuff and teleport home instead of carrying it on the dangerous map. This might be solved by changing the teleport that you take only what's on you (weapons, armors), but everything in the inventory like food, horse and trading goods drop in a bag on the ground. That shouldn't be so hard to implement, but the other point is more complex.
2) It happened more then once - players teleport back to defend their lands. They are out there raiding, but as soon as someone closes on their own claim they can just teleport servers away and defend. Do you see that as bad use of the mechanic also and will adding something like the resurrection sickness debuff help in this case?
  • Answer: Good ideas, though quite complex to implement in the given amount of time. As I've mentioned before, we'll do something with homecoming, although we don't have any specifics plans yet.

475) Are you planning on doing something about players who maximize their carrying capacity then jump on the back of a horse to move at full speed? This is no where near realistic, and abuses game mechanics around moving heavy loads. In my mind, moving resources like this should require the use of trader carts (or the upcoming horse drawn carts). Otherwise players moving resources and on horse back are able to easily get away from raiders. If an overloaded player jumps on the back of a horse the horse should also move slowly.
  • Answer: Once (hopefully "soon" (C)) we will implement trading carts, such way of transportation will not be as effective as a fully loaded trader cart. So far you can consider it as a feature.
476) While I understand the game mechanics around the need for 'pocket ponies', they should certainly weigh more then 100. A weight of 200 would seem more balanced.
| - Alpha Tester and Zealous Believer

Kingdom of Hyperion founding Duchy - A practical RP Community est. 1999 - Apply Today!

Hallegra
Beta Tester

Post by Hallegra » 28 Mar 2017, 16:26

477: With personal claims, can you place them inside neutral or enemy realm claims?
  • Answer: You can place them anywhere where you have right to claim. If for some reason enemy guild leader set a rule allowing you/your guild to claim land on his claim - yes, you will be able to do that.
478: Are there any restrictions other than question 477's answer for placing personal claims? Distance from other claims, clay pits, etc.
  • Answer: None so far.
479: Do personal, town, and realm claims each protect buildings from normal decay?
  • Answer: Yes, they do.
480: Is it possible to have a personal claim inside a guild claim for a guildmember with sufficient permissions?
  • Answer: Yes, see answer 477 about claiming right.
481: Will the current state of the game in the MMO beta be implemented in LiF:YO and if so, when?
  • Answer: We are working on it right now. It will be implemented - hopefully - this or next week.
482: Do we have an ETA on climbing mode?
  • Answer: Probably after start of Open Beta Tests.
483: Building off of question 473, what is the maximum size of a town claim? 70 tiles diameter? 100 tiles diameter? The wiki says 70, but seems unreliable.
  • Answer: We're still tweaking it.
Thank you for the effort needed to answer this constant barrage of questions! :beer:
Last edited by Hallegra on 29 Mar 2017, 13:44, edited 1 time in total.

Artoria Pendragon
Zealous Believer

Post by Artoria Pendragon » 29 Mar 2017, 13:20

484.any idea for hosting a lance-jousting,a massive arena that can hold hundreds of audience,sign up for entertainment,rules by :
hitten on head - 10 scores
hitten on chest - 3 scores
hitten on legs - 3scores
hitten on feets and hands -4 scores
hitten on horse - 1scores
,once the player were Unconscious or his horse were dead so he will lose the match,the winner will be promoted and wait for the next coming match。
inspire by the film《A Knight's Tale》
  • Answer: Sounds like a good idea. But that is definitely not our priority at the moment.
丨Revenge丨Unity丨Brave丨Yeomanry |

Return to General Discussion