Modification to how INT works

Have a suggestion or an idea for Life is Feudal: MMO ? Post it here!

Monxer

Modification to how INT works

Post by Monxer » 07 Nov 2014, 04:48

AS of right now Intellect seems like a pretty useless stat. Considering that you start with a base 600 and Int only gives you an additional 1 point per stat point is kind of useless

I propose the complete removal of the base stat points. Make your total skill cap reflect how much Intellect you have. I think 10 skill points per point in Int would be a good number.

Solon64

Re: Modification to how INT works

Post by Solon64 » 07 Nov 2014, 06:06

If you dont intend to do any combat, then willpower and intellect would be decent stats. I could see taking 60 int just to get another potential skill tier or two opened. It sort of depends.

I feel one skill point cap per int is a bit low, but two would be too high, you know?

Monxer

Post by Monxer » 07 Nov 2014, 06:16

Solon64 wrote:If you dont intend to do any combat, then willpower and intellect would be decent stats. I could see taking 60 int just to get another potential skill tier or two opened. It sort of depends.

I feel one skill point cap per int is a bit low, but two would be too high, you know?

Well the way that I want it set up, it would make you chose what kind of character you intend on making.

You can dump a bunch of points in INT and be proficient in multiple skill trees, but essentially be a dedicated craftsman. You can maybe sprinkle some in INT, get one good tree of skills while not sacrificing your other stats so you can also participate in battle or extensive labor. Or even get the bare bones of what skills you want by investing a small amount in INT if you planned on being a dedicated soldier or pack mule with extremely high Willpower or Strength.

Solon64

Post by Solon64 » 07 Nov 2014, 18:39

An issue I see with your idea though is that it would be very hard to balance.

Obviously, players would math it out to "oh, if you want to get 100 skill in 3 different combat skills, you need precisely this much int" (I could do that math right now, easily enough, but I'm lazy, haha). Any player who did NOT take their INT to precisely that number is now inefficient, not using their stat points to the maximal effect.

I dunno, the whole idea to me smacks of min/maxing, pigeonholing, forcing you to have this one specific build. It almost makes the whole stat decision too clinical for my tastes, although that's just my opinion of course!

As an aside, it's much easier to balance different skills when everyone has exactly the same stat cap. Also, if you decided later to lower intellect, which skills would you lose to match the new cap? Would it be random? That would potentially be awful...

Tymefor

Post by Tymefor » 07 Nov 2014, 21:14

yeah it seems bad atm. But only at the moment. you wait till warhorses are introduced. All the horse handling skills use INT. INT will be the new king as soon as people are riding around.

Return to Suggestions and Ideas