More Grouse Feathers and Hunting Tree?

Have some feedback for Life is Feudal? Post it here!

Dudeicoft0

More Grouse Feathers and Hunting Tree?

Post by Dudeicoft0 » 17 Dec 2017, 10:45

Hey there! My friend and I play dedicated hunting characters who live in the woods, and we were curious about why the grouse only give 1 feather while snared chickens give 10. Grouse are arguably harder to catch, and about the size of a chicken. Is there some reason that they only drop 1 that I'm not aware of?

On a side note, I was curious about the ordering of some of the hunting tree. Given that we RP hunters in the woods, it's a little strange that to get to drying and tanning hides we first have to go through taking care of animals via animal lore. Our only method of achieving this is taming, since we do not own much land, save for a small cabin in the woods. Was there a reason why processing of animal goods comes after the taming and caring of animals and not vice versa?

Hodo

Re: More Grouse Feathers and Hunting Tree?

Post by Hodo » 18 Dec 2017, 17:22

Dudeicoft0 wrote:Hey there! My friend and I play dedicated hunting characters who live in the woods, and we were curious about why the grouse only give 1 feather while snared chickens give 10. Grouse are arguably harder to catch, and about the size of a chicken. Is there some reason that they only drop 1 that I'm not aware of?

On a side note, I was curious about the ordering of some of the hunting tree. Given that we RP hunters in the woods, it's a little strange that to get to drying and tanning hides we first have to go through taking care of animals via animal lore. Our only method of achieving this is taming, since we do not own much land, save for a small cabin in the woods. Was there a reason why processing of animal goods comes after the taming and caring of animals and not vice versa?

Same reason why Chickens give white meat, and Grouse give game meat.

A sow killed by a hunter gives game meat, a sow slaughtered in a barn gives pork.
Don't build what you can't defend- Rule number 1.

Return to Feedback Section