Multiple Characters On At Once

Welcome to the Life is Feudal: MMO community! Here you can ask your basic starters questions.

Jcity3

Multiple Characters On At Once

Post by Jcity3 » 29 Nov 2017, 02:03

Has anyone figured out a way to log in multiple characters at once? Seems kind of silly that I cant have one character fishing while another is terraforming or something. This game seems to be heavily influenced by Wurm where it was common for people to have several accounts on at once doing menial and grindy tasks. I have three characters from YO, and buying the starter pack so I would like to find a way to put at least two of them to use at the same time. If I'm paying for three tickets and have a computer able to run multiple clients I don't see an issue with being able to log in multiple characters at once.

Velius

Re: Multiple Characters On At Once

Post by Velius » 29 Nov 2017, 08:19

Jcity3 wrote:Has anyone figured out a way to log in multiple characters at once? Seems kind of silly that I cant have one character fishing while another is terraforming or something. This game seems to be heavily influenced by Wurm where it was common for people to have several accounts on at once doing menial and grindy tasks. I have three characters from YO, and buying the starter pack so I would like to find a way to put at least two of them to use at the same time. If I'm paying for three tickets and have a computer able to run multiple clients I don't see an issue with being able to log in multiple characters at once.

I presume it would work like every other MMO out there. You would need to have multiple accounts and run a different account in each client instance. Multiboxing from a single account is not possible, nor should it be. If anything the game was influenced by Ultima, which also only allows one logged in character per account.

If Wurm implemented double logins it was likely to combat the extremely low playerbase so that players would not be gated for lack of a needed artisan. That is the main reason behind why most games who have implemented that in the past have done so.

Jcity3

Re: Multiple Characters On At Once

Post by Jcity3 » 29 Nov 2017, 15:36

Thanks for the feedback and you appear to be right with needing another account entirely to run a second character. I did manage to get a second client running but it gave me a message saying the account already had a character logged in or something to that effect. So if I had another account I would be able to do it but for now it is probably not worth the trouble.

Return to Newcomer Section