My feedback thread

Have some feedback for Life is Feudal? Post it here!

Sebas555

My feedback thread

Post by Sebas555 » 16 Jan 2015, 01:34

Hi,
Just started playing a couple of days ago and so far very impressed by the state of the game, for an alpha, and the hardcore crafting system and diversity of things is really well put.

I just thing that some changes in the skill tree could be adjusted to make the progression smoother and more immersive. And don,t take this as a rant or negativity because I'm really loving this game so far.

I was just a bit confuse at some point where I was able to craft chainmail armor quite easily but just to get a piece of leather to craft was incredibly painful. I was unable to to make glue (seems like a simple crafting material) because I needed to tier 3 skill and need to breed chikens in a coop.Shouldn't be the easiest thing to get as a starting material? And I could'nt even wear my chaimail as I needed horse training to be able to wear chainmail... I was like WTF! :fool:

It's just little things like that that could be changed to make the game more interesting and make the progression more linear. I'm not asking to make it more easy, but that you don't need a gazillon different skills and build tons of appliances just to get a basic sword and armor to be able to defend yourself.

This is just a first impression and I'll be adding more stuff here as I go down further into this game.

I just wish a long road ahead for this game and I plan to be around for a long time if the development goes in the right direction for me.

Cheers! :beer:

Ternyllwg

Re: My feedback thread

Post by Ternyllwg » 16 Jan 2015, 03:29

Agreed
NORAD.

Sebas555

Post by Sebas555 » 16 Jan 2015, 15:48

A few suggestions that might help the gameplay...

Exit mouse mode on movement (as an option in ESC menu)

the UI customization is resetting every time I log in (plz fix... or is it just me?? :no: )

last action made becomes the default action ("E" key), remove the right click thing

probably other things, will add more...

Astapor

Post by Astapor » 18 Jan 2015, 07:37

hi, are you that seba from MO?

Sebas555

Post by Sebas555 » 19 Jan 2015, 13:33

There is definitely a UI bug when you close a pop up window ingame by the "X" on the top right instead of clicking "OK" or "Cancel" and after I can't leave the game properly. Clicking the "Exit" command in the ESC menu doesn't bring out the confirmation windows and I just have the text in the system chat and it doesn't respond to any inputs. I litterally have to crash the game to leave the server.

If I'm careful all the way while playing and not clicking on those "X's", everything is fine when I want to leave later.

Plz take a look into that.

But overall, I'm pleased with the UI in general, very responsive and precise. Of course there is some improvements to be made but nothing seems really broken right now... except that exit issue I'm getting.

Sebas555

Post by Sebas555 » 26 Jan 2015, 20:19

A couple of things that could be improved...

Sound effects: Eating (sounds more like puking)
Tanning tub (just too loud)
I sometimes get sound bug with the birds, like 10 crows going at it indefinitely (I actually have to leave that part of the map, it's just unbearable)
I get random sounds when I spawn after a login (I hear horses when I got none in my environement)
Plate suit sound is just ridiculous... sound like a bunch of rocks in a can...
You hear chicken souds even if the coop is empty.
On the other side, the chainmail sound is awesome like others too...

Could be reviewed: Why do I need 3 door module (3 locks) to make a house with one door??

The insane time and effort required to make simple clothes... chainmail is like 10 time easier to make than a simple piece of cloth...

Some cell right clicking is not responding if there is an object already in that cell... make piling logs of wood very difficult.

The default action on the house door "Open/Close" don't work with the "E" key.

Please remove the "Lift object" as the default action for all containers. I,ll move it once but open it a thousand times.

User preferences don't get saved when logging out, UI customization, defaut actions ect.

Will had more... ;)

Sebas555

Post by Sebas555 » 28 Jan 2015, 17:23

Just had an idea about those herbs that create a mess in your inventory... why not add a craftable "herb bag" where the gathered herbs go directly into. That would save time managing those.

Azzerhoden
Alpha Tester

Post by Azzerhoden » 28 Jan 2015, 20:58

Sebas555 wrote:Just had an idea about those herbs that create a mess in your inventory... why not add a craftable "herb bag" where the gathered herbs go directly into. That would save time managing those.

Along those lines, sometimes I don't care about the quality of the items I am gathering, like with herbs. An option to just stack all the items automatically would be incredibly helpful.
| - Alpha Tester and Zealous Believer

Kingdom of Hyperion founding Duchy - A practical RP Community est. 1999 - Apply Today!

Sebas555

Post by Sebas555 » 29 Jan 2015, 00:17

Azzerhoden wrote:
Sebas555 wrote:Just had an idea about those herbs that create a mess in your inventory... why not add a craftable "herb bag" where the gathered herbs go directly into. That would save time managing those.

Along those lines, sometimes I don't care about the quality of the items I am gathering, like with herbs. An option to just stack all the items automatically would be incredibly helpful.

Yes make it an option because.... I do care about the quality of my herbs! 8-)

Sebas555

Post by Sebas555 » 29 Jan 2015, 16:00

When your client has a version mismatch with the server, you get a error message but the client isn't closing itseft, it keeps running and you have to manually crash the client to get out... can we have a proper procedure to close the client or go back the the server list when that happens?

Thank you!

Sebas555

Post by Sebas555 » 04 Feb 2015, 15:56

I have to comeback on this because it is getting serious... sound loop in certain locations on the map... especially on busy server when a lot of people are working close to each other.. you get hammering and cutting sound loop that goes forever and pile up over... at one point you just have to shutdown the game sound or relog because it becomes unbearable... need a fix and for me is pretty much game breaking...

Sebas555

Post by Sebas555 » 05 Feb 2015, 18:58

I have to say that I'm really not a big fan on the "recall home" feature. This game pretends to be a realistic, no fantasy, game and the first thing you can do is spawn from the sky and land... seeing players just vanish in front of you is really breaking the immersion and give place to cowardly vanish from dangerous situations or avoid a long and dangerous trip home... So in brief, it's a carebare feature that has no place in this game imho... I just hope that this don't make the MMO and we have no "magic trick" to get back home so easily...

Sebas555

Post by Sebas555 » 16 Feb 2015, 15:12

Plz rearrange the the crafting menus. The lists are so long when you have everything unlocked that it is difficult to find what your are looking for...

You could rearrange, as an example, the armor crafting list by armor model (novice leather, normal leather, chainmail, etc. ) and add sub menu to see all armor parts for those categories. Would be so much more easier to find what you are looking for.

And why not add a function to craft a full set (all pieces from head to toes) of the selected armor model in one recipe.

By the way.... when is the next patch?? :pardon:
... we need guild claims badly... :O:

Kyoss

Post by Kyoss » 19 Feb 2015, 10:08

Good Feedback!

I can second that, everytime you try to join a server,
and entered the password wrong, or entered the wrong port the game is forever in obilivion and you have to ALT+F4 it and re-open it.

Otherwise you will never be able to connect.

Sebas555

Post by Sebas555 » 19 Feb 2015, 14:58

Kyoss wrote:Good Feedback!

I can second that, everytime you try to join a server,
and entered the password wrong, or entered the wrong port the game is forever in obilivion and you have to ALT+F4 it and re-open it.

Otherwise you will never be able to connect.

Thx man! :beer:

If we can get this guild claim system... that will change the gameplay big time!!

Want the patch NOW!!! :O:

Sebas555

Post by Sebas555 » 03 Mar 2015, 18:44

Question: Is a regular personal building claim (just like before the patch) prevent a building from decaying if it's not under the radius of a active monument? Claim for this claim for that... become a bit confusing... :Search:

Sebas555

Post by Sebas555 » 09 Mar 2015, 16:21

I want to talk a little bit about the new guild claim system. I one way, it is great because in one claim, you give access to everyone you like and protect buildings from intruders... but the down side is that, the way it is built right now, it is way too restrictive.

Inside a guild claim, an outsider cannot even do anything on the ground or even pick some sprouts in the trees. Everything is blocked!! I thought that this system was for structures mainly but no, it's for everything inside it, even the grass!!

The thing is, with a system like this, it leaves everyone in is little protective bubble and you don't even have to fear of being raided or anything... the worst that can happen is you get killed and you lose your inventory. But with all the storage secured around you, you carry almost nothing most of the time.

And I don't thing Judgement hour will fix that because if you miss that "opportunity window" you can't do shit until the next day and have to sit and wait.... that is boring!

We need to get the risk feeling back... to be scared of loosing your stuff to random raiders and work on your defence to protect your territory. But we lost that... all you need is 100 bone units, build that monument and boom!! ... and you got your imaginary protection bubble where everything inside it is magically unavailable to everyone.

This is turning me off big time and alot of players are leaving servers due to this new mechanic. I think the system has to be changed so the only thing that gets claimed by the monument is building and fixed object like forge and kilns.

I just hope some changes will come because the game has lost it's survival aspect since that upgrade... no point to raid your neighbor now, all you will get it's a bunch of used tools for the farmer's loot... all the rest is magically locked...
Last edited by Sebas555 on 13 Mar 2015, 12:33, edited 2 times in total.

Goltis

Post by Goltis » 13 Mar 2015, 12:29

Sebas555 wrote: - snip -

I didnt try the new patch but that sounds really shitty indeed.
Can just wait for them to fix it, your suggestion with only making it affect buildings sounds good. I would even say it shouldnt lock things like furnace, bloomery cause you can store quite some stuff in there too, should imo just be for houses/warehouses, coops etc.
If they dont get this right and put risk back into the game, i doubt that ill ever play again :(

Sebas555

Post by Sebas555 » 13 Mar 2015, 13:13

Goltis wrote:If they dont get this right and put risk back into the game, i doubt that ill ever play again :(

Unfortunetly, lots of players are feeling the same... even a bunch of server are banning the monument as they kinda kill the game... as we know it...

I think I understand where the devs are bringing this to... more towards political and large scale fights instead of small scale and spontaneous PvP like most was looking for in this game.

It might be a good direction for the huge MMO world that has yet to come, but on a map with a max of 64 players, those monuments are destroying all daily action that used to happen before the patch...

I think they should give specific GM tools to modify the monuments behaviour so every server admin can create something that fits it's needs.

Anyways, just throwing ideas here but I'm getting less and less excited with this game when I see stuff like this come out... :(

Ausrick

Post by Ausrick » 14 Mar 2015, 00:02

I can say "Well the claim system seems a bit like a blanket... covering everything and a bit heavy handed" and "It's an alpha still, I'm sure they will prune it and refine it."

...Though this is a hybrid alpha, because you buy it and it is public. So with that comes an increase in player grumbling.

The consensus of the people on my server I think echos what you are saying. I keep hearing that they are glad that people can't just start digging in their area or walk off with things they've placed there or mess with their structures or chop their trees...

...But they would like to have more interaction like access to container contents, ability to drop things, pick apples and sprouts etc.

It's funny, I had one person ask me if I could implement the old Ultima Online "I wish to lock this down" command. I got a chuckle out of that because it fit so well.

Sebas555

Post by Sebas555 » 28 Mar 2015, 05:56

Tubs and frames are still bugging out on server restarts... obviously this was not fully tested and and was not treated as a priority... very disapointing!

And now you can't stack up objects from your inventory into a container, you get a message that "you don't have the proper material bla bla bla"... wtf...

Oh ya... sounds from the forge and kiln is back but the tubs sound is bugging out when you get out of range from it...

Getting really aggravated by the last weeks of gameplay... all this to rush out the Judgement Hour that most server don't even use right now. :no:

They should slowdown developpement and make sure that what's ingame right now is working right and not leave players with broken stuff for weeks... I could've wait one more week to get the new stuff and have a hotfix for what is broken at the moment.

Ubaciosamse
Beta Tester

Post by Ubaciosamse » 28 Mar 2015, 09:17

I agree, all of these new features seem to be well thought of but purely implemented and in the long run dont work well with each other, not to mention tons of obvious buggs that shouldnt have spliped pass their QA team.

Sebas555

Post by Sebas555 » 19 Aug 2015, 03:09

Back in the game after a couple of months... just to check out where this game is going...

Honnestly, I'm a bit disapointed.

Some important bugs are still out here and seems to be ignored like... the damn coops keep reseting the dung and eggs every server restarts! Makes leveling animal lore a real pain and slows down progress, very frustrating. Animal lore leads to Procuration.. that leads to ropes and leather.. that leads to bows, armors and weapons... kind of a important aspect of the game... And seems that this game requires alot of server restarts has things seems to crash oftenly.

Another field where this game seems to fail is in the audio application. Merely all sounds in this game are plain ugly and breaks the immersion. Most are too loud or just choppy and just hurts your hears. The devs needs real helps in that department to make things right and balance everything.

The UI gets buggier every patch, now container windows gets stuck in the mouse menu and makes the game crash. Other random bugs makes things very unpleasant.

I could go in the specifics and report more accurately those bugs but I'm starting to thing if it's really worth it. First Mantis always has been a pain to use for the average player and reporting anything here seems to be ignored... I started to make a list of bugs but it got so long after 10-15 mins of play I just let them deal with it... after all.. they are suppose to know this game better than us...

After almost one year of early release, this game hasn't change much, just more content but no improvement in the overall game play, it actually gets worst has they add more content and more things breaks... And the gameplay gets so linear and the steps to get to higher in ranks are always the same with no real option to do what you want....

I just hope they will take a real moment to debug all this and not release this game in this state... I still love the game concept and was very excited with all that was promised. I'm still hoping for a major fix and make things smooth but the time begins to run out and might be the time for me to move to another game...

Sebas555

Post by Sebas555 » 10 Sep 2015, 14:01

I like the new footstep sound, it's much more realistic and it's in balance with the environment. Now do something similar with all the other sound and were going somewhere... Please remove the "chicken sound" from coops... at least when the coop is empty... same thing for the barn. And why a warehouse as to make noise??? I live alone in the woods and all I ear is constant background noise from the building I have... very annoying and it's getting aggravating after a while... :no:

Azzerhoden
Alpha Tester

Post by Azzerhoden » 10 Sep 2015, 15:34

Not to sound like a fanboy, but none of the things you listed last month or this month are valid issues IMO.

I reset my server once a day. Once in a while I forget and the server may run for a few days. It has crashed a couple of times if it has ran for several days non-stop, but has yet to crash with a daily reboot.

The best way to raise animal lore is to check the chicken coop every hour or so and harvest the eggs. The only bug I can see with the coops is that the same skill is granted regardless of the number of eggs collected. So frequent gathering raises skill faster. Build 3 coops and throw a couple chickens in each and your skill will climb fast.

As for the sounds - it adds to the realism. A better solution is to add a specific volume control for these objects in the audio options menu so players can adjust based on their individual preferences. Certainly not an issue that needs focus, but a nice to have at final release.

Mantis is, frankly, one of the better bug tracking systems out there, and the transparency from the dev team is refreshing. In addition, I have had several bugs I filed fixed. Plus several others needing additional information that either I or someone else can provide (by updating each others tickets). All games should do this.

Finally, to be blunt, there has been improvement in addition to the new content. I don't think you have spent enough time playing in the newest release to have seen those changes.

IMO this YO version no longer qualifies as being an 'Alpha', but is, in fact, an early Beta product now. It still needs balancing, it still needs some content added, and it needs more testing. All of which is normal for a game in this stage.
| - Alpha Tester and Zealous Believer

Kingdom of Hyperion founding Duchy - A practical RP Community est. 1999 - Apply Today!

Return to Feedback Section