Nakeds begone!!

Have some feedback for Life is Feudal? Post it here!

Do you think naked fighters is a problem in LiF PvP world?

Yes
88%
No
13%

Total votes : 16

Sebas555

Nakeds begone!!

Post by Sebas555 » 01 Mar 2015, 23:58

I'm making this thread because I keep seeing the same patern in most games that are like this one (PvP full loot persistant world). The problem is that armor is irrelevant because it's slowing you down. But speed is everything is that kind of game! And when you are naked, you become the fastest warrior on the field and still can sustain multiple hits before going down.

This game promised to be different and have unique combat mechanics. But that problem remains...

The dev team has to devellop a system where being naked on the field becomes a big disavantage while keeping things " real".

Ex: Why do I need 20 hatchet hits to bring down a naked guy?? If I hit you in the head with a hatchet in real life, one shot and your going down... pretty obvious! All naked should get one shotted, no matter the weapon you got... even a cooking pot!! Think about getting a frying pan right in your face... your down for the count! Armor, yes, can slow you down but it needs to make a significant different in damage mitigation... and it's not the case right now.

I know this game is still in alpha... but how a perfect time to make things right and launch a game that make sense and goes out of the box!

Feel free to vote and leave comments!

OrangeOct

Re: Nakeds begone!!

Post by OrangeOct » 02 Mar 2015, 05:14

If someone wants to make a naked high constitution fighter I say let them. However the chance of injury should be MUCH MUCH greater for unarmored portions of the body. Same with simple non-armor clothing as well.

Stamina damage(suggestions) would create much more balance by making it a cost to not wear armor/ due to having stamina (wind) knocked out of you for having your flesh take the blow and not armor. Tho they gain higher stamina efficiency from no armor weight, they also lose stamina efficiency from being unprotected and taking (more) stamina damage.

Then it becomes the case that if someone wants to run with no armor, they would need high constition and willpower as well, making things a bit more balanced when they need to puts whats left over in something else.

Sebas555

Post by Sebas555 » 04 Mar 2015, 15:38

Bump!! :)

Falcion
True Believer

Post by Falcion » 06 Mar 2015, 13:41

All for it.
I once posted about how I pictured armors working, basicly any armor you have would take % of dmg away from every blow. After that there ould be bonuses or penalties depending on the dmg type. Like a blunt being more efficient on a plate armor but less effective against chain armors. So another set of % to add or take from the final dmg.

No armor people would not get the usual 100% dmg they would take 200% dmg . Practice weapons wouldn't deal much but all other weapons would become quite lethal for those naked ones.

basic dmg blunt pierce slash
none 200% +50% +50% +50%
lether 90% -10% +20% +10%
chain 80% -30% +20% +10%
scale 75% -10% -30% +25%
plate 65-70% +25% +10% -30%

Something like that.

Sebas555

Post by Sebas555 » 10 Mar 2015, 12:40

Just a little bump for the heck of it... :pardon:

Siegbert
Alpha Tester

Post by Siegbert » 10 Mar 2015, 12:45

Voted yes but for different reasons:

Having naked player models by default ruins the immersion. IRL hardly anybody would go out butt-naked or with underpants. You would at least expect people to wear standard peasants' tunicas.

Sebas555

Post by Sebas555 » 10 Mar 2015, 12:50

Siegbert wrote:Voted yes but for different reasons:

Having naked player models by default ruins the immersion. IRL hardly anybody would go out butt-naked or with underpants. You would at least expect people to wear standard peasants' tunicas.

I agree! ...and they gave us rags... that slow us down and actually make you more vulnerable to attacks... go figure.. :fool:

Sebas555

Post by Sebas555 » 12 Mar 2015, 17:31

Would be good to have more votes on this... :)

Return to Feedback Section