New Player Coming Soon!

Welcome to the Life is Feudal: MMO community! Here you can ask your basic starters questions.

E4envy

New Player Coming Soon!

Post by E4envy » 09 Oct 2015, 17:20

Hello, community! I saw this game in my Steam queue a couple weeks ago, and was very interested in it. Now, finally, I am getting it today (very soon) and I have a couple questions.

1. As I have seen all over, this game is designed more for multiplayer than singleplayer. I've read that singleplayer is possible yet time-consuming and challenging, and multiplayer is easier yet risky due to mean people. Exactly how viable is singleplayer? Are there hostile animals so I'm not without some danger?

2. I haven't seen much solid evidence, so I'll ask anyway - hunger/thirst/rest/cold requirements? If not, are they planned?

3. Lastly, are there any servers out there that'll accept a newbie? I'll take any role you require, I'll be as self-sufficient as I can be, and if I can't I'll certainly find some way to earn my keep eventually. If you do something for me, I'll do something for you (within reason, of course) I would like to play somewhere where I won't get killed randomly. I'll tolerate muggings, theft, minor destruction of property/slaughtering of livestock, as that is a bit more real than some dude running around killing people on sight (which I know actually happened but that is just really annoying). I really love to roleplay, so if you have/know of a server that is heavy roleplay even with RDM'ers I would consider that too.

If I could request any position in a community, I would certainly like to try farming and shepherding. Perhaps I could double my farmstead as a sort of shop?

Thanks! I hope I might just see some of you within the next couple of days. Hopefully we meet as friendly acquaintances instead of hostiles!

Dakkon

Re: New Player Coming Soon!

Post by Dakkon » 09 Oct 2015, 22:10

1. The game is designed to be multi-player, requiring multiple people with different skill sets to work together. But it can be soloed on a server that grants extra skill points. Normally it's 600 skill points max, but player owned servers can be set for up to 3000 skill points which is enough to max all the skills and do everything yourself.

2. Hunger and Rest (Stamina) are a big part of the game, there's no thirst/cold elements.

3. There's ton of servers that are open to the public, most run by players. Log in, go to join world, look through the server list and find one that fits your play style.

For solo building and learning the game i would suggest a PVE server with at least a 10x skill multiplier, 3000 skillcap, 100 for wild animal amount. There all both peaceful and aggresive (Bears, Wolves, Boars) animals in the game.

Checkout the Server: / Noob Friendly / RP / All welcome / No Kos - Seems to fit what you are looking for and has a decent population

Ziong18

Re: New Player Coming Soon!

Post by Ziong18 » 12 Oct 2015, 07:29

I play in server called PVE Palace, we get plenty of new players almost daily. GMs don't allow any raiding or murdering. The server is strictly focused on the building mechanics of the game, so it might be just the place for you!

Return to Newcomer Section