New Player's Feedback

Have some feedback for Life is Feudal? Post it here!

Trenix

New Player's Feedback

Post by Trenix » 24 Oct 2015, 01:57

Game looks beautiful and the feel of it is amazing. I haven't been so excited about playing a game in a very long time. There is so much positive stuff I can say about the game, but the best feedback is the negative, since it can improve the game into something that can be much better. Now let me tell you the things that bugged me within the game.

1) Constant lockups - At random times my game locks up. The only work around is alt+tab and maximizing the game again. For some odd reason, that fixes the problem. It's annoying, but the game is in early access so I can understand.

2) Unable to Manually Add Favorite Server - I want to play on a LAN server and my fiance can't connect to it unless she connects to my LAN IP. Therefore she has to always directly connect to my server each time rather than just manually adding my server to her favorites. Very tedious if you ask me...

3) Campfires Are Confusing - I made a campfire out of sticks, only to require more sticks to use as fuel, what? What's worse is that if I use less than 5 fuel sources and attempt to light them, my resources vanish and nothing gets lit. For one of the first crafts in the game, it's a very unpolished and can frustrate new players rather easily. Not a good first impression.

4) Skill Restrictions - Thought it would be cool to have restrictions until I realized that I'm being forced to take a path that I don't want to really take entirely. I want to farm but I don't want to go into tailoring, though it's the last tier in that specialization.

Kind of awkward and my fiance feels the same when she wants to go into farming, but doesn't want to butcher where as I would be more willing to do so but not farm since she's already doing it. Very limiting if you ask me. Also I'm confused why I need to dig a lot of soil before I pick some rocks.

5) Starter Skill Points - I personally think we should all start with 0 skill in everything because otherwise it feels like I'm cheating, getting a bunch of points that I didn't even work for. It also feels like I'm ahead of the game, more than I should be.

Those are all the negatives I got to say right now, but I still love and enjoy this game. Keep up the great work devs!

Airco

Re: New Player's Feedback

Post by Airco » 24 Oct 2015, 09:07

1) we currently run on dx9 and they are working hard on getting us on dx11 so some bugs we gota deal whit it for now bhut it wil get fixed for sure

2) dont realy understand tbh :p

3) u got a point

4) current state is not permanent removing the skill line's is one of the things thats on the table wich bobik is not calling unposable.
in general u should check the suggestions section (top right, "Community" -> "Suggestions" )

5) yes and no actuale, its not like ower char is a newborn child so it has some basics... yes if u put all the available points to spend into 1 line u get 60points into the line u want from start makeing u abel to do bit more than just the basics, if this is good or bad...
Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark2
Cpu: intel I5-4690 3.5Ghz
Cpu cooler: thermaltake Frio Extreme Silent 14 Dual
Mem: Corsair 16gb, Cmy16gx3m2a2133c11r
Gpu: Geforce 970, Asus STRIX GTX970 DC2OC 4GD5
Soundcard: Creative Soundblaster Z
HD: SAMSUNG 75E250RW SSD 850 EVO 250 GB

Khan-
Zealous Believer

Re: New Player's Feedback

Post by Khan- » 24 Oct 2015, 10:09

Trenix wrote:5) Starter Skill Points - I personally think we should all start with 0 skill in everything because otherwise it feels like I'm cheating, getting a bunch of points that I didn't even work for. It also feels like I'm ahead of the game, more than I should be.

Those are all the negatives I got to say right now, but I still love and enjoy this game. Keep up the great work devs!

then, you'd prefer gather wild plants with a ridiculous success rate for weeks to reach 60 ? or, snap off branches for weeks ?

the choice a the beginning is a good one... simply gives a drive, and it prevents getting very very very boring phase of discover/settle/create the base from nothing + long grind without knowing nothing...
100% French speaking alliance of Royaume Franc : http://lifeisfeudal-fr.com/
Les Témoins de Mérovée Site - Forum - Me contacter

Return to Feedback Section