New Player

Welcome to the Life is Feudal: MMO community! Here you can ask your basic starters questions.

Leatherfoot

New Player

Post by Leatherfoot » 04 Dec 2014, 15:27

Hi everyone. I'm thinking of getting this game. Love the concept. I was wondering what my best bet is when starting out. Should I join an official server to tinker around, join a private server and hope for the best, etc. I 'm not sure on how settlements are and would like to build something on my own first so I can mess up and learn.

What did you guys do when starting out and do you have any suggestions?

Willbonney
True Believer

Re: New Player

Post by Willbonney » 04 Dec 2014, 22:28

Either is fine.

A lot of servers have communities that will help guide you and give you tricks in figuring things out as well as help you get started if you want. Personally I'm the type that would rather figure it out on my own, but that's my playstyle.

But you're more than capable of doing either if you wanted to, there's no real "best" way except the way you choose.

I personally joined a "official public server" from one of the game server companies to do some learning, and then tried playing on a few of the "private" player run ones. I found the amount that some GMs/Admins use their magical powers to be more than I liked, so actually ended up going back to another official public server to play more and figure more things out.

Orsus

Post by Orsus » 05 Dec 2014, 08:58

If you are going to be just testing things out you might try an empty server for a little while, one with a 3k skill cap. That way you can eventually try out all the skills you want and get to the point of building anything. Try the Old and Grumpy server. Small population, but some good folks there.
It does not matter who is the strongest fighter, just the last one standing.

Domino

Post by Domino » 18 Dec 2014, 22:10

Thank-you for these tips. Very helpful!

Orsus

Post by Orsus » 18 Dec 2014, 22:38

NP. I wouldn't go with Old and Grumpy now. It seems to be empty. Wonder if the GM stopped playing for some reason. Although there is a castle that is partially built on it, if you want to take it over most everything except the walls was built before people left.

There are still a lot of servers out there though with a regular player base.
It does not matter who is the strongest fighter, just the last one standing.

Return to Newcomer Section