No NPC Humans

Have a suggestion or an idea for Life is Feudal: MMO ? Post it here!

Swiftfoot

No NPC Humans

Post by Swiftfoot » 27 Oct 2014, 18:28

This is just my 2 cents but I feel that having human NPCs and NPC towns will ruin this game.

With the fact that you will be having only a few servers, they will be enough people playing this game that they will be able to provide every role that a computer player could.
You already have the ability for players to teach peaceful and combat skills to other players, you have the mechanics for towns and kingdoms. NPCs will only play a redundant role in the game and serve to limit the creativity.
With the way the game is designed, players can make their own towns, guard them, and run an economy.
Making NPCs like Guards, Merchants etc will ruin everything I have come to love in this game.

I will not be able to support this game if NPC towns are included and just learning this fact now has made made me feel like I wasted my money on the alpha because outside of the forums, everything has led me to believe this would be a game free of premade worlds and that the players would be able to bring civilization to the wilderness, not just branch off from existing Computer controlled areas.

TLDR: Non player towns and humans will ruin the spirit of this game. PLEASE DO NOT ADD THEM -OR- MAKE A MMO SERVER OPTION WITHOUT THEM.

Sugam

Re: No NPC Humans

Post by Sugam » 27 Oct 2014, 19:20

After reading your somewhat confusing post, I think you are agents the idea of npc. Ok. Where does it say we will have all these npc's? Maybe I missed something but what I have read is there will be very few npc's such as in the starter town(mmo) and also npc bandits that are currently planned. Nothing else as they want everything to be generally managed by the player. I could be wrong and missed that post so I'll go ahead and search for this announcement from the devs.

Deantwo
Alpha Tester

Post by Deantwo » 27 Oct 2014, 20:18

http://lifeisfeudal.gamepedia.com/Native

That is the only "human"/non-animal NPC that is currently planned.
The Foxtail empire successfully defended against the evil space ponies!
Read all about it: Second Invasion of Rævehjerte Repelled

- Shores of Hazeron

Swiftfoot

Post by Swiftfoot » 27 Oct 2014, 20:34

how-does-lore-come-into-npc-free-game-t176/

Number 1 and 4 I'm fine with. But I don't like 2 and 3.

SirWinston
Alpha Tester

Post by SirWinston » 27 Oct 2014, 21:15

Swiftfoot wrote:http://lifeisfeudal.com/forum/how-does-lore-come-into-npc-free-game-t176/

Meh this is only the starter town, nobody will stay there for more than 10 minutes if you know what you are doing.
Spoiler

Swiftfoot

Post by Swiftfoot » 27 Oct 2014, 21:43

Winston wrote:
Swiftfoot wrote:http://lifeisfeudal.com/forum/how-does-lore-come-into-npc-free-game-t176/

Meh this is only the starter town, nobody will stay there for more than 10 minutes if you know what you are doing.

Read again. Newbie Island is one thing, but they are talking about a central town.

It won't be almost entirely NPC free. According to current plan, we gonna have following NPC types:
1) Newbie island mentors (some basic lore, basic learning quests (press W to move forward, press LMB to swing weapon et.c.)
2) NPC city governor(in the center of our map) - just some RP lore and maybe more advanced learning quests with minor rewards - it is mainland already
3) NPC server vendors in NPC city will buy and sell some stuff
4) Natives - aggressive NPCs in few (4-6) dungeons that will be scattered around the world. They will live in burrows/undeground mazes, will be mostly naked or in salvaged from other players equipment. Just more advanced combat training for you, minor PvE grind, and a reason for PvP over PvE spots.

SirWinston
Alpha Tester

Post by SirWinston » 01 Nov 2014, 01:17

Yes, that is what I was talking about.
Central island is the town that was in the middle of the map during the MMO pre-alpha.

It's just meant to be your "starting area" just after you transport from newbie island. There is no reason to stay there since the game is about building your own community (or join an existing one). And the immediate area around it is going to be devastated pretty quickly I think so ressources will be scarce.
Spoiler

Return to Suggestions and Ideas