North America Server Interest Thread.

General discussion about Life is Feudal MMO and Life is Feudal: Your Own, The main section and backbone of the forums.

Siegbert
Alpha Tester

Re: North America Server Interest Thread.

Post by Siegbert » 17 Jul 2014, 12:04

That's Chivalry's approach, right? I hope we won't see the same exploitations: looking extremely downward while hitting from above is nearly unblockable.

Bobik
Project Leader

Post by Bobik » 17 Jul 2014, 16:03

Siegbert wrote:That's Chivalry's approach, right? I hope we won't see the same exploitations: looking extremely downward while hitting from above is nearly unblockable.

Dunno how it works in Chivalry, but that will not work with us. Direction of where your enemy is looking at does not matter at all for your parrying. You parry his weapon, so you must align your sight vector with its travelling vector. And enemy can be even looking away from you - that does not matter. We parry an enemy's weapon, not an enemy himself.

Siegbert
Alpha Tester

Post by Siegbert » 17 Jul 2014, 16:20

It's basically the same in Chivalry. I'm not sure how this glitch works... I think the weapon goes down on you on a more than 90° angle so it will basically hit you from behind.

Bobik
Project Leader

Post by Bobik » 17 Jul 2014, 19:32

then you just have to rotate back to block it :) But we will see how it works out in our game really.

Hoshiqua
Alpha Tester

Post by Hoshiqua » 17 Jul 2014, 19:53

I understand what you mean, but I think it won't work, because, in chivalry, damaging is not realistic : no matter when you hit, you do full damage to the guy.

Now, let's take another game, like M&B : if you hit while your weapon is winding, it will be very slow hit, so almost no damage. LiF will be the same.

Edit : you should remove that smiley that shows up everytime you write a double point xD

Rhade
True Believer

Post by Rhade » 26 Aug 2014, 21:17

Didn't want to make a different thread, but wanted to check and see if anything has changed since last year regarding NA plans.

I've seen conflicting pieces of information, one being a FAQ answer where a developer mentioned that individual regions would have their own servers, and other posts where Bobik seems to imply that the team doesn't have much interest in an NA server at all unless it falls in their lap.

Which one should I be running with? Don't want to start any kind of preparations if it's the latter.

Rhade Letalis

Black Shields

Saxxon

Post by Saxxon » 27 Aug 2014, 12:09

Rhade wrote:Didn't want to make a different thread, but wanted to check and see if anything has changed since last year regarding NA plans.

I've seen conflicting pieces of information, one being a FAQ answer where a developer mentioned that individual regions would have their own servers, and other posts where Bobik seems to imply that the team doesn't have much interest in an NA server at all unless it falls in their lap.

Which one should I be running with? Don't want to start any kind of preparations if it's the latter.

Player demand and server pops will dictate future plans for server expansions.

Strategos

Post by Strategos » 27 Aug 2014, 17:32

I wish for an NA server BUT
I'd also like to be able to play in the same map as all them Europeans...
So would that be an NA "cluster" or whatever the hell that is...?

Link to the Duchy of Camorr Official Website:
http://duchyofcamorr.enjin.com/
Link to the Duchy of Camorr thread:
the-gentleman-bastards-t1255/
Link to The Duchy of Camorr Steam group:
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/theduchyofcamorr

Rhade
True Believer

Post by Rhade » 28 Aug 2014, 02:31

Saxxon wrote:
Rhade wrote:Didn't want to make a different thread, but wanted to check and see if anything has changed since last year regarding NA plans.

Player demand and server pops will dictate future plans for server expansions.

That's extremely flawed.

If there's no NA server, why would more than a small amount of NA players play in the first place? The act of bringing the NA server attracts the NA players, trying to do it the other way around logically just doesn't make sense.

You're basing the condition of doing x (launching an NA server) on y (there being a large amount of NA players) when y depends on x to be true in the first place.

Rhade Letalis

Black Shields

Dominulf

Post by Dominulf » 28 Aug 2014, 19:32

I am American and I would like a server hosted in North America.

Baelgor
Alpha Tester

Post by Baelgor » 28 Aug 2014, 19:45

Guys stop pushing them to a NA Server... let them finish the game first -.- If it works out well for you NA dudes you may don´t need an NA Server. For now we dont now how good the combat and other ping related stuff will be if the servers are stable. So let´s wait and don´t stress the devs ffs.

A true warriors has patience my friends. :friends:

Cheers. :beer:

Rhade
True Believer

Post by Rhade » 29 Aug 2014, 21:18

Baelgor wrote:Guys stop pushing them to a NA Server... let them finish the game first -.- If it works out well for you NA dudes you may don´t need an NA Server. For now we dont now how good the combat and other ping related stuff will be if the servers are stable. So let´s wait and don´t stress the devs ffs.

No one is going to push them to do anything.

But it's also completely fair to let them know they have an interested group in NA, so they can begin to make plans for a server launch. There's nothing wrong with discussing why the mentality of "shut up and play with 160 ping, you'll be fine," isn't exactly accurate nor fair and how it's going to turn away a lot of people.

If people saying they want to be able to play the game, yet refuse to play at 160 ping in an first person combat situation stresses the devs, then they are easily stressed. Which I doubt.

Cheers.

Rhade Letalis

Black Shields

OO_Zoe

Post by OO_Zoe » 29 Aug 2014, 21:31

Baelgor wrote:Guys stop pushing them to a NA Server... let them finish the game first -.- If it works out well for you NA dudes you may don´t need an NA Server. For now we dont now how good the combat and other ping related stuff will be if the servers are stable. So let´s wait and don´t stress the devs ffs.

All I know is right now doesn't matter but if there isn't a NA server My clan and I won't be playing. There just isn't much of a point to play a game like this or any melee game when the only servers are on the other side of the world. Honestly I won't play any game if I can't get on a NA server where I have less than 100 ping. It's just not worth it.
immortality awaits, in Asgard's hall I'll guarantee
in the ranks of the brave, you'll have a place if you follow me

Wolfhelm

Post by Wolfhelm » 31 Aug 2014, 22:11

im a north american and i say NO NO NO.

reasons below

-to much money for the moment.
-we dont even know if the game will even be a hit, (hopefully it is, but still)
-it splits up the playerbase to much

This is our land! post17956/#p17956

Rhade
True Believer

Post by Rhade » 03 Sep 2014, 05:59

Wolfhelm wrote:im a north american and i say NO NO NO.

reasons below

-to much money for the moment.
It also has potential to bring in much more money. It's a balance.
-we dont even know if the game will even be a hit, (hopefully it is,
but still)
You can make the same argument for even putting up a European server. If you're concerned about the game not being successful, a good step is to exclude large amounts of a target audience.
-it splits up the playerbase to much
I'm sorry, but you aren't going to see too much of a change. You either have a European server with a handful of NA players, or a Euro and NA server both relatively independently populated. The idea of a centralized server works with games like EVE because of the extremely slow paced, tab-target combat system. That won't work here.

Whether or not it happens, my posting is a small matter to it. But the point remains that it's not the best idea to exclude a large chunk of a target audience. Bobik mentioned that the site traffic for NA is low, so that equates to them holding back on NA servers. The same flawed logic is used here, but the reason the NA traffic is low is because NA knows the server is unlikely. Change that and you change the interest.

Rhade Letalis

Black Shields

Bobik
Project Leader

Post by Bobik » 03 Sep 2014, 07:42

Rhade wrote:... Bobik mentioned that the site traffic for NA is low, so that equates to them holding back on NA servers. ...

Actually I do not remember saying that :shock: It rather other way. #1 country visiting our site is actually US. But as I've said before, we will see later about NA server and most probably will do them, once we will have resources for that and once game will be in more finished state or at least stable enough :)

Jezbelle
Alpha Tester

Post by Jezbelle » 04 Sep 2014, 15:07

Bobik wrote: #1 country visiting our site is actually US.

Maybe I'm being selfish, but what THAT tells me is make the NA server first ;)!

Bobik
Project Leader

Post by Bobik » 04 Sep 2014, 16:02

We already have EU servers and it will be stupid to scrap them to start NA servers ;) But once we gonna make regional servers - NA will be the first ones, yeah ;)

Rhade
True Believer

Post by Rhade » 04 Sep 2014, 23:44

Apologies if I misspoke, I do remember reading it as I researched the topic before I started posting on it. However, I could be mistaken just as easily but it's a moot point either way.

I can understand that plan. I'll hold off until I hear about an NA confirmation and a date.

See you guys then, and best of luck.

Rhade Letalis

Black Shields

Return to General Discussion