NOTICE BOARDS AND BOOKS!

Have a suggestion or an idea for Life is Feudal: MMO ? Post it here!

Cherubim

NOTICE BOARDS AND BOOKS!

Post by Cherubim » 01 Dec 2014, 18:35

Heres another suggestion, NOTICE BOARDS AND BOOKS!

I'm predicting that when LIF MMORPG is finally released, a server would probably be able to hold a maximum of 2000 players if not more at a time. (Correct me if I'm wrong devs)

Which means that there would be more than a few kingdoms and gatherings or players and that would result in more conflicts, espionage, manpower shortages in certain industries etc.

I realised that whenever I enter into the server of LIF, I have to ask about the latest "news" when I wasn't playing. Like who is at war with whom, who was attacked, what was stolen etc. The players who would be answering this questions would probably have to repeat them over and over again and when that happens, sometimes the information might be a little "distorted", especially when there would be so many more players in the MMO.

The notice board I think can be an interesting addition, that can even be used to blacklist certain players, who have committed certain "crimes" or issue bounties for criminals and so many other uses for it that others can use for their own purposes like recruiting players in various industries for example. (This is probably the Coolest idea I have came up with in my opinion :D)

So the idea is to create notice boards that can be used as decorations or furnitures that can be placed in the middle of towns and cities in which players or rulers of the land can write about the latest happenings, so that when players log in, they can just swing back the notice boards to update themselves of the latest happenings.

Another interesting idea is chronicling events, where you can write out the details of wars that have been carried out with 'so and so' kingdom whether it be a glorious victory or a bloodbath in a book or scroll.

And when new players join the kingdom, they would be able to read the books to understand the prejudice and hatred that a country would have for another nation.

Lemme know what you guys think! :

Orsus

Re: NOTICE BOARDS AND BOOKS!

Post by Orsus » 01 Dec 2014, 22:01

Good idea.

A written history of events for each Kingdom, as a living history from the day it is formed until it is destroyed. As a side note there could then be a specific order that would catalog the histories of the kingdoms that have fallen if this was done. It could be as simple a thing as an NPC order that has a building that is able to be built once a kingdom reaches a certain size that would enable this.
It does not matter who is the strongest fighter, just the last one standing.

Cherubim

Post by Cherubim » 02 Dec 2014, 07:21

Thks for the feedback! :D

Yea I think that having a building of some sort like a library or something is an awesome idea to hold such history. I think it makes players more connected to and proud of their kingdom's legacy, evoking the loyalty and a certain amount of "patriotism" from players.

Orsus

Post by Orsus » 02 Dec 2014, 10:01

Old School DOAC term...Realm Pride.
It does not matter who is the strongest fighter, just the last one standing.

Cherubim

Post by Cherubim » 28 Dec 2014, 13:06

Yea hopefully the devs would be able to see the potential in this.

To do that.. we need to have more supporters.

Come on guys!!!

Add +1 to this thread!!! There'll be free cookies! :D :D

DenRaanson

Post by DenRaanson » 28 Dec 2014, 16:12

A notice/bulletin board is an excellent idea.

Our group is multinational, covering several time zones. Not all of us are ingame at the same time very often so passing news and progress reports on building, farming, etc. is a bit of a problem.

Having some sort of ingame communication system like this would be a big plus.

Tantal
Alpha Tester

Post by Tantal » 29 Dec 2014, 20:11

+1

A very nice idea with a lot of potential in various directions :Bravo:

Cherubim

Post by Cherubim » 14 Jan 2015, 15:57

Thanks for the support! NEED MORE! :D :D :D

Azzerhoden
Alpha Tester

Post by Azzerhoden » 14 Jan 2015, 17:08

From an RP point of view, wasn't most of the people in a feudal society illiterate? (at the moment I am in a meeting with our documentation team, which makes this discussion somewhat ironic!)

I love the ideas of custom books, but I don't see the need for the notice boards. Isn't this something that can be handled in forums? A dedicated website that had the look and feel of a notice board would be very helpful.

Having books that players could write in are a lot of fun and add to the RP of the game, but I would be confused as to exploit-ability (having lots of custom books that would cause lag when the server updated clients that have come in range.

Updated: Now a town-cryer in central city that would say things in local chat about worthy news - that would be very cool.
| - Alpha Tester and Zealous Believer

Kingdom of Hyperion founding Duchy - A practical RP Community est. 1999 - Apply Today!

Return to Suggestions and Ideas