Optimization!

Have a suggestion or an idea for Life is Feudal: MMO ? Post it here!

X_Vinny_x
True Believer

Optimization!

Post by X_Vinny_x » 27 Sep 2014, 13:13

I don't know if it's just me, but I'm REALLY laggy in this game, with all settings at low. And I have a good gaming computer. A few other people I asked have this problem. I'd just like to suggest that y'all optimize the game.

Alfie
Alpha Tester

Re: Optimization!

Post by Alfie » 27 Sep 2014, 19:09

Out of curiosity, what are your specs?
Anquer Quare
www.Anquer-Quare.com | www.AQServers.com

Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names.
John F Kennedy
____________________________________________________________________________________________

Xko

Post by Xko » 28 Sep 2014, 02:59

I too am laggy but my PC is crap, everytime i look to the area with most land the game goes to very low unstable framerates and everytime i go to observe mode the fps goes stable, so i believe i have solution, add terrain draw distance slider in visual options, that way those with slow PC's can trade some draw distance for stable fps and enjoy the game.

short version: add terrain draw distance slider in visual options please

Alfie
Alpha Tester

Post by Alfie » 28 Sep 2014, 08:39

Xko wrote:short version: add terrain draw distance slider in visual options please

Finally, a good suggestion.

@X_Vinny_x: If you actually want to make a contribution, what are your specs?

A lot of people I've seen complaining about performance either have integrated graphics or ATI cards.
Anquer Quare
www.Anquer-Quare.com | www.AQServers.com

Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names.
John F Kennedy
____________________________________________________________________________________________

X_Vinny_x
True Believer

Post by X_Vinny_x » 29 Sep 2014, 02:05

I don't exactly know what specs are. But I use a 1200 dollar asus and it uses a nvidia geforce driver if that helps.

GioEpyon

Post by GioEpyon » 29 Sep 2014, 17:08

THIS IS NOT A COMPLAIN

if this is of any help, my pc can run skyrim with a decent graphic setting and i run lif with 10-15 fps with everything at low setting (other than res, i leave it at 1260x768). if someone can give me any hint to boos the game's fps i would really apreciate it.

this are my specs:

i7 2670QM @ 2.20 GHZ
8GB RAM DDR3 665.1 MHZ
RADEON HD 7690M XT 2GB

i noticed the fps goes down drastically in the inner forests, when you are even inside a forest near the beach, the fps drops to 20-25 instead of 10-15 with the inner ones. i think it is because in the inner ones there are much more concentration of trees per m^2. a couple of times i though that my gpu driver crashed because i saw like a wall of wood in front of me, then i realize that they were a lot of trees put together even one one inside the other.

If there is this high concentration of trees in every inner forest, that could be one the problem of the fps drops.

Fish

Post by Fish » 29 Sep 2014, 20:09

If you want to boost your fps play windowed or full screen with a lower resolution.

GioEpyon

Post by GioEpyon » 29 Sep 2014, 22:13

that helped to gain a few fps, thank you.

Meshane2

Post by Meshane2 » 16 Oct 2014, 14:31

Fish wrote:
X_Vinny_x wrote:!!! Lol someone needs therapy. If you tryna troll do it elsewhere. I'd call informing the devs to optimize the game contribution. Others would probably like this game optimized as well. Also, the community would be more comfortable if you'd optimize your emotions.

Foolish child thinks the devs have to be "informed". Your not doing yourself any favors. ;)

Your dense mind probably won't be able to comprehend what I'm trying to get across though. I really don't feel like explaining it to you either so farewell X_Vinny_X. :(

Fish.. go back to Darkfail.

Meshane2

Post by Meshane2 » 16 Oct 2014, 14:47

i've tried playing in windowed mode as well with no great results..

specs:

i7-3770 @ 3.40GHz
32.0GB ram
64bit windows 7 ultimate
Nvidia GeForce GTX 660

and i dont think it matters, but i'm coolermaster liquid cooled as well.

my gameplay is extremely choppy at times, so much that i feel like i'm getting load lag from other players like in an mmo, but on a pretty constant basis.

addendum....

after reading this post, replying to it, i found a post on steam. you can have nearly all your settings on 'high' and simply reduce trees to 0.00. and your game will run smoothly... i tried and sure enough, its working for me.

set trees to 0.00 and the game runs well.

Meshane2

Post by Meshane2 » 19 Oct 2014, 17:26

no, Kaltivel, thats not what i'm saying.

what i AM saying is that i agree that there are issues, and like the others, understood that some optimization could be implemented.

typically its the last thing that gets done during the process of building a game, i'm aware of this. it is, however, important for the people that are playing the game to be ABLE to play the game.

also, this post was in the 'suggestions' folder its' a suggestion. one that has a legit reason and need. yes, the game is in alpha, but we all have the right to make a suggestion in the suggestion folder.

Return to Suggestions and Ideas