Patch has made game nearly unplayable (crashes)

Have some feedback for Life is Feudal? Post it here!

NevaCross

Patch has made game nearly unplayable (crashes)

Post by NevaCross » 25 Dec 2015, 08:31

We were doing very ...ok before the Christmas Eve patch. Gameplay was good on all of our PC's and also for the folks on our server. There would be a rash of server disconnects after 8-10 hours. We would restart the (hosted) server and be fine for several hours. Now we crash to Windows, have severe lagg that freezes us for 10 or more seconds, and completely freeze every 10-20 minutes. I do not think any of us have been able to play 30 minutes at a time since the update has been installed.

We have not tried any of the weather features so that is not a factor. No server options or client options were updated, including video or sound. We have no Mods. A completely vanilla server.

I am so disappointed. We were looking forward to new content as promised, which was not included. We were looking forward to animal carts, which was not included. But, what we got is a client that is unplayable. :cry:

Airco

Re: Patch has made game nearly unplayable (crashes)

Post by Airco » 25 Dec 2015, 08:48

could u do me a favor and open your map and let me know the date on your server please
its not that horrible for me/us , current gamedate is 18may 1026 here
do crash more often tho (i assume it are the moveing tree's and stuf, graphic bugs stil, just a gues tho)

edit:
currently online for 14h:30 mins straight and all is good stil.
had a lag spike when the rain stopped for some min's (this got fixed when the rain was gone and than it returnd to its normal state )
Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark2
Cpu: intel I5-4690 3.5Ghz
Cpu cooler: thermaltake Frio Extreme Silent 14 Dual
Mem: Corsair 16gb, Cmy16gx3m2a2133c11r
Gpu: Geforce 970, Asus STRIX GTX970 DC2OC 4GD5
Soundcard: Creative Soundblaster Z
HD: SAMSUNG 75E250RW SSD 850 EVO 250 GB

NevaCross

Post by NevaCross » 26 Dec 2015, 04:01

24-05-1026 is my current date. Sorry was out with the family.

Still crashing out to Windows every few minutes for us. Freezes, and such as well.

Speaking of rain. How does that work for simultaneous players. It was raining for me, but not for the player in the next room. I crashed during the rain. So did the person next to me, even though it was not raining at his location on the island.

Usually when one of us crashes, we all do. It's pretty easy for us to tell because all three in our location crash at the same time as well as other players on the server.

Don't know if it is relevant, but our players are from the US and Scaninavia.

We are at: 68.232.174.126:28000

ReluctantGamer

Post by ReluctantGamer » 26 Dec 2015, 04:08

I am on the same server as Neva. I have had several crashes today without getting the error-reporting popup. (I have had several with that as well.) Instead of the error-report popup, the screen goes black, and I get a small popup that says "lifyou client has stopped working", or something like that, and has a single OK button. When I click it, I'm back to windows.

It *seems* to me that a lot of my crashes today come when interacting with the stable. On the other hand, I have been doing a lot of work with horses today, so that may be coincidence.

Lynn

ReluctantGamer

Post by ReluctantGamer » 26 Dec 2015, 04:33

Here is the popup from the latest crash (again just after clicking "animal lore/manage" on the stable). It was apparently so broken that it could not complete the button text on the popup. (It looks funny because neither F12, nor Print-Screen, would take a screenshot. I had to use the camera on my cellphone.)

Clicking the button did nothing. Right-click on the taskbar icon with "Close all windows" did not help, either. I had to end the task with the Task Manager.

Lynn

stopped-working.jpg

NevaCross

Post by NevaCross » 26 Dec 2015, 07:11

Airco, it is definitely the stable! I kept everyone out of the stables (large), and no crashes, lagg, or disconnects. We spent all day yesterday managing the stable, taking horses in and out, and putting trained war/heavy horses in the visible portion of the stable. We were in high warhorse production to surprise the children on our server with their own horses for Christmas. Once no one on our server was touching the stables ALL issues disappeared. :Yahoo!:

Now... How to report this on Mantis.

Airco

Post by Airco » 26 Dec 2015, 08:12

no issues so far here,
the rain , check the video settings, turn on "Advanced weather" (i gota turn it on every time i restart my client) bhut it works for everybody over the server on the same moment
its server related and not client related
Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark2
Cpu: intel I5-4690 3.5Ghz
Cpu cooler: thermaltake Frio Extreme Silent 14 Dual
Mem: Corsair 16gb, Cmy16gx3m2a2133c11r
Gpu: Geforce 970, Asus STRIX GTX970 DC2OC 4GD5
Soundcard: Creative Soundblaster Z
HD: SAMSUNG 75E250RW SSD 850 EVO 250 GB

Return to Feedback Section