PClaim Abuse, Economy & JH fix by Drayvs

Have a suggestion or an idea for Life is Feudal: MMO ? Post it here!

Drayvs
True Believer

PClaim Abuse, Economy & JH fix by Drayvs

Post by Drayvs » 26 Apr 2018, 22:34

https://lifeisfeudal.com/Discussions/qu ... -by-drayvs

1)Take away option of selling gold & jewelry to the crown
2)Increase maintenance cost for guild monument immensely, the absolute minimum is this:
a)t1 is the same for the first 4 weeks, then it costs 5gold coins per week
b)t2 costs 10g a week
c)t3 costs 20g a week
d)t4 costs 30g a week
3)Implement system: "What do we have here?" for Realm claims, which increases maintenance cost of your monument the less you have build on your Realm claim
(only useful structures, such as houses, crafting stations, warehouses, it will check amount of tiles occupied):
a)t1(after 4weeks period) will cost 10g a week with empty realm claim, and 5g with fully built realm
b)t2 will cost 20g a week with empty realm claim, and 10g with fully built realm
c)t3 will cost 40g a week with empty realm claim, and 20g with fully built realm
d)t4 will cost 60g a week with empty realm claim, and 30g with fully built realm
4)Create new structure Mint:
a)Can be built only on Realm claim of T2 or higher
b)You can build:
1 mint on t2
2 mints on t3
3 mints on t4
c)there should be minimum of 20tiles between each Mint
d)Mint generates:
30g coins a week from 1 gold ingot
500silver coins a week from 1 silver ingot
10 000copper coins a week from 1 copper ingot
e)You can change any coins into any type inside it,
f)You can not take coins out until cycle has ended(5-7realdays),
g)If enemy destroys your mint, they will get half of supposed coins, for example:
you started minting on monday, enemy destroed your mint on thursday(3days which is about 40%), so they will get 50% of 40% that are done:
6g, 100s, 2000c, none of ingots though
5)Totems:
a)Normal one costs 50g
b)Small one costs 25g
6)If any character on player's account is part of some guild, then private claims of ALL his characters are vulnerable to his guild's enemies during JH

P.S. Obviously with this much coinsink we would need more ways to farm it & possibly spend too, but even in this "raw state" this should fix A LOT.

Molsenff

Re: PClaim Abuse, Economy & JH fix by Drayvs

Post by Molsenff » 28 Apr 2018, 02:29

This is a good idea, but I have some modifications that might make it more exciting and more realistic of a medieval society.

First, private monuments should only be allowed within an influence zone, and their upkeep should be considered "tribute/tax" to the zone monument.

Zone monuments (RTA: Guild Monuments) would then require the initial 10 members to place it down, and then a number of private claims to maintain and upgrade the monument through tribute/tax. No direct monument "worship" or "maintenance".

Next, we remove "Sell to Crown" and improve the interface to sell items within a trade post. One of the biggest improvements we can make is to automatically select the trade post you're activating to the trade post you're searching in. As well, the list of categories in the trade post should reflect what is for sale within the trade post currently. (So you won't see categories for items with 0 listings.)

Next, you implement a process for a King to "mint" coins. As a high level Authority skill perk, he can also name the coin. This allows upgrades to private claims within his influence zone, and the influence zones of his vassals, and allows the upgrade of his vassals, and allows him to continue the upgrade of his kingdom. Finally, we remove the cap on the upgrades to the monument, to allow a kingdom to continue to increase its size based on the number of private monuments, and vassals, it obtains.

What this does is force players to group together into large guilds, and to work together to maintain their monuments, and it gives meaning to internal guild ranks. As well, it gives meaning to the vassal system, and it helps improve trade and the need for trade to occur. It fleshes out the economic system of the game, and actually allows a player to have a "job" within the game other than just a generic crafting character.

Drayvs
True Believer

Post by Drayvs » 28 Apr 2018, 07:10

You ignore solo and small group players with this too much, this game is super harsh on them as it is, but if you force PC on influence zone(which means they are literally slaves to that guild), I don't think we will EVER have new players join us,
then you take away sell to crown option, but we don't have an alternative way to farm coins.

As for King's mint, I assume you are talking about unique coins for each King, thats not bad per say(I thought about it too), but a much more complicated feature, that I didn't bother with planning, I tried to make change as simple and useful as I could, with option of upgrading it later into something more...

Though having some kind tribute from vassals & members is a good idea, but without new features to farm coins thats gonna be hard...

In my suggestion - Mints are the best way to do it, though players can still farm some coins by selling practice weapons & padded helms. But guilds will strive to build as many mints as they can, and then they are forced to defend them!

Sycopata666
True Believer

Post by Sycopata666 » 28 Apr 2018, 11:57

So much complicate mechanics just to no remove city claim. Or reduce it. You want a inmune bank to deal people no get full wiped in a JH? Create small city claim just to put a keep inside. And this all what we need. You need more than a invulnerable keep? Why? Remember this is a sand box. If you cant destroy sand castles you cant build new ones.

Molsenff

Post by Molsenff » 29 Apr 2018, 03:41

It's not that I ignore them, it's that I feel they don't add anything to the game overall. A wise king invites players to his realm to establish their own claims on his land, with a little tribute paid to his coffers in exchange. It's how most Feudal systems worked IRL anyways, and it's how the British Royals maintain their status as royals. They literally own the land GB is built on, and GB pays them for the use of that land every year. (There's other, more complicated, systems surrounding GB's land taxes, but the foundation is as described.)

PCs only in an influence zone means that players MUST seek out a group to be near. They aren't slaves, since their tribute and PC is what helps that kingdom grow. If they decide to leave, either because the king/ruling council is too demanding or simply being harsh, they can easily leave. A permanent drop in PCs could kill a kingdom.

The rename for coins (personalizing coins on a per king basis) wouldn't change the base ID of the coin. So they'd still work the same as they work now, but it'd add flair to RP within a kingdom and in the game in general. (It essentially works like renamed bags, but involves a check to Authority skill level and Guild rank)

Finally, I'll touch on what I mean when I say solo players/small groups don't add anything to the game at large; They typically use alts to be self-sufficient, thus denying the need for trade with larger groups. They also tend to spend 90% of their play time in the first 3 weeks of playing the game, and after that I've only ever seen them dissipate until they leave the game entirely. Leaving behind a small crater in natural resources that larger groups could have used to greater benefit. In the game world's economy, small groups and solo players are a large cost with little to no benefit. So forcing players to group up more, will likely result is a great benefit to the cost in resources.

Lumberjack
True Believer

Post by Lumberjack » 29 Apr 2018, 10:21

I would much rather see a proper feudal system, with multi tiered vassals.

It could work as follows:

• upkeep costs increase geometrically with monument tier
  • however all cost above t1 is transferred to vassals where possible
  • forced vassalization should be possible, I.e. after winning a few Instanced battles. It should be possible to steal vassals, by attacking their overlords
  • personal claims automatically "swear fealty" to the nearest guild, acting as de facto vassal, though they cannot be stolen
  • voluntary vassals get 75% discount on their tax bill, forced get 30% discount (so it is more effective to have suzerain monument paid for by the vassals)
  • vassals share tax burden proportionally to their own monument level
  • vassal status is applied to characters as well, so guild deletion won't help to get out from under your feudal overlords
  • only ways to change vassal status would be to either be voluntarily released by the suzerain, successful mutiny (instanced battle) or getting stolen by another suzerain.

I would also like to see guild specialization- t1 guilds would have one skill line with 10 points bonus, and rest with 10 points malus. T2 - two lines with bonus, t3 three lines with bonus. Bonus should be applied to base skill. This would make only the largest guilds truly self sufficient and encourage cooperation.

Combined with feudal system it should prevent a situation where most of the players are concentrated in few humongous cities with desolate desert in between.

And as to gold sinks, each character should have a personal "purse", which would come into play after death. Poor players would have to wait for a few hours for resurrection, while the rich could sacrifice huge portions of their wealth to avoid death effects altogether. This would make huge amounts of coin kept out of circulation, while not removing them altogether, thus providing some stability (preventing both uncontrolled inflation and deflation).

Another workable gold sink would be allowing coins to substitute non regional building materials for those who want to build in a hurry.

Simply raising the upkeep costs and lowering income will only make the game more tedious causing even more people to leave. I already have a game where I have to perform repetitive tasks in exchange for worthless coin just to pay my taxes and it is called a job.

Drayvs
True Believer

Post by Drayvs » 30 Apr 2018, 10:37

2Lumberjack
Some of your ideas are really interesting, but HARD to implement, main point for my suggestion is that its SUPER easy to implement, if you can ignore hard intricacies of the mint, and just a make a structure that produces coins.
I also feel like you totally ignored mints altogether, saying:
"Simply raising the upkeep costs and lowering income will only make the game more tedious causing even more people to leave"
Half of my suggestion is about Mints, that create 30-100g coins a week ! Thats a better source of coins than all, of what we have, put together!
And it wasn't "simply raising upkeep", it was making Upkeep hard enough so people WORK for it, so they fight for it & trade for it. If you think thats too hard, how the hell do you think people will take forced Vassalage?
I also don't understand why you left out an option for them to simply LEAVE the server tile of their suzerain?

Return to Suggestions and Ideas