Pit decay IMO feedback

Have some feedback for Life is Feudal? Post it here!

VorrAkkagi

Pit decay IMO feedback

Post by VorrAkkagi » 29 Jan 2015, 19:43

I'm still new to this game. That being said, a quick IMO on decaying 'pits':
1) I'm mining. I do not want to have to re-dig the same surface path I had to make to get to the ore because my char can not jump out of a pit. Once you have climbing implemented, that shouldn't be a problem.
2) If I want to dig a shallow moat, will this not start filling in my moat...before I even have it completed?
3) You are catering a game around griefers - always a bad move. It will eventually ruin a lot of good game design

Options:
1)Expand your claim system to allow 'rights' given by the owner to players of his/her choosing. Also, I imagine you are planning on claim systems covering a certain radius of land around the 'bind point' of the claim? And as for siege warfare, sapping should be considered another 'skill' for the sake of identifiers that need not be included in the 'claim'. However, in a persistent game world, war might need to be officially proclaimed before the sapping skill can be used. And, if someone digs a hole to grief, why is it that it can not be filled in again anyway?
2) Allow the player to tag a hole/trench as a moat, so that it will not be auto filled in. The moat must be within the 'claim' area (see above for 'claim').
3) Look for solutions as above that will fix a problem without taking away from your game.

Edit:

Another thought:
- Make the decay an option to choose or not at game start?

And finally, I am really enjoying this game so far. I really enjoy the design and would only add ideas on how to make it better. But, I know about development pipeline, feature-creep and the need to automatically allow a certain amount of dev time specifically for bug squashing. I can only say, 'keep up the good work!'. I'm really looking forward to the other implementations....

Evil_This

Re: Pit decay IMO feedback

Post by Evil_This » 31 Jan 2015, 08:18

> 2) If I want to dig a shallow moat, will this not start filling in my moat...before I even have it completed?

You can dig a moat with terraforming, and do not need mining.

Right now I don't think the Pit Decay is actually working - doesn't seem to be on any of my servers.
Phin King
Steam, Youtube, twitch: Evil_This

Tournament of Champions information

Skafabafa
Beta Tester

Re: Pit decay IMO feedback

Post by Skafabafa » 01 Feb 2015, 18:43

Hi,

when i dig a tunnel without an ceiling only 10% of the cases it decays, i also notice that the ones with a small wall on the side do not decay, but the ones without do.

1. does it take more time to decay for the tunnels with a wall?
2. is it possible for an admin to fasten the decay process?

i can't finish my fort now :(
sorry for my bad spellings

Return to Feedback Section