player made quests/request

Have a suggestion or an idea for Life is Feudal: MMO ? Post it here!

GioEpyon

player made quests/request

Post by GioEpyon » 01 Oct 2014, 22:19

i have been reading the suggestion session and often comes up the idea to implement npcs/quest. afaik npcs won't be a part of the game, because there is no reason to have then if you play the game as it's meant to be played. Not existing the npcs there is no way to have quests. So i came up with this crazy idea: what if it is the player who makes the quest for other people?.

let's say:

i'm a farmer and i'm doing fences everywhere around my crops. i need some help to gather branches. then i open my magical quest box in which what, quantity, regard and urgency (?) of what im searching for. then when i click "accept", in top of my head, appears a symbol ( full wow style) indicating an available quest for whoever is interested.

this also can be used for killing mission (kill the fucking wolves aside my house), bounty hunter missions (kill jhonny123 cuz is annoying), and much everything you need to be done.

if the idea of the symbol on top of the head is not welcome, then it could be implemented a craftable pinboard where people can pin their needs.

Keir

Re: player made quests/request

Post by Keir » 02 Oct 2014, 07:48

That would be a nice way to support a user-driven roleplay/lore!

I thought of possibilities (not exactly like yours, but similar) as mods that you could easy integrate.

There could be postboards, where you could display your needs, and there could be job-markets where you can hire workers or "sell yourself".

I just like to keep it "real"... when I walk around irl noone has an exclamationmark hovering over the head, i will have to talk to that person. That's something people had to do much more in ancient times, so it will bring more rp, if you have to tell your needs.

Some support for it will be nice anyways! :)

Jalpha

Post by Jalpha » 02 Oct 2014, 10:52

I like the way Runescape worked, with worlds where players went to trade and find work (or workers). It would be nice if the community could make places like this for each region without involving NPCs.

I do also like the job board idea, even though its implementation may not be entirely straight forward.

GioEpyon

Post by GioEpyon » 02 Oct 2014, 11:56

it shouldn't be that difficult. of course they should make some other items like paper and ink to make the notes :crazy:

VindicteMortis
True Believer

Post by VindicteMortis » 02 Oct 2014, 12:42

Artificial mission systems no -

genuine interaction and communication between players = yes. If you want something done, talk to someone and trade them items, money or goodwill.

I like the idea of a buildable town board. It'll be good for leaving messages between villagers if they're not online at the same time.

"Please can you refill the woodstore"

ect

Jalpha

Post by Jalpha » 02 Oct 2014, 12:42

The problems are where do the items go when they've been collected. If they are stored in a kind of signpost vault then that's exploitable as secure storage.

As an example.

MrSandman70

Post by MrSandman70 » 02 Oct 2014, 18:56

Jalpha wrote:The problems are where do the items go when they've been collected. If they are stored in a kind of signpost vault then that's exploitable as secure storage.

As an example.

player trading then would need to be implemented or the creation of some kind of "drop box". where the payment could be collected, and the goods can be deposited

Strongethan22

Post by Strongethan22 » 03 Oct 2014, 23:34

Good idea but another thing is they should have a list of premade quest setting it up takes to long.

Return to Suggestions and Ideas